Still to much power creep and here is how to chance it.

PVP and WVW is still to much power creep. How to get the power creep gone that is easy. First look how the balance was before HOT. Second NERF EVERYTHING(healing, boon uptime, condi damage, power damage, stuns, condi applying and cc) atleast with 50% so skill matters agian. Third look at the outliers and nerf those wiht another 10% to 20%. Fourth look at all the elite specs ALL of them and give them 1 nish and give them debuff so a dps class can't be a healer also at the same time. Every class need a weakness like you are dps, okay you are not getting a lot of ways of survivel. You are condi okay this skill will do the same like power, but over time what condi was ment to be.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:The current enhanced DPS is actually doing a good job of counteracting boon frequency, bulk, and uptime.

yea you either die instantly because you get hit by some big stuff when your boons are not up for a second, or you dont die at all, good balancing
clapclap

Clearly the pace of the game is too fast for some people, but that's what makes PvP fun and exciting for others. Nobody in the game dies instantly. Name 1-hit skills that you don't see a BIG tell that they're coming. The only one I can think of is a GS burst mesmer coming at you in stealth, but they still stun you, giving you .05 to react with a stunbreak.

Otherwise, there's no such thing as a true no-tell 1shot in the game. In higher levels of PvP, teamfights last a good deal of time, winning teams only have 0-3 deaths to each of their names.

Balance is pretty good right now.

How to remove power creep and balance the game.

First step remove everything that’s unique to classes,remove all traits, skills, Normalize Toughness Armor and Health to 100, each class gets Stick for Melee and Rock for Range. Stick does 2 Damage Range 130, Rock does 1 Damage and range of 900.

Stick and Rock animations respectively have colors associated with the Class.

There you go, perfect balance, no powercreep.

@Mbelch.9028 said:Name 1-hit skills that you don't see a BIG tell that they're coming.

Oh please what a weak argument.I wish it was all about the big / highly telegraphed skills...that would be easy to deal with.

Have you seen core guard or rev bursts?Not a 1 shot per se, but if you wanna be all technical about it, sure : its just a strong burst-chain that can kill unprepared people in a 2s window.Much better, isnt it?

@Zenix.6198 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:Name 1-hit skills that you don't see a BIG tell that they're coming.

Oh please what a weak argument.I wish it was all about the big / highly telegraphed skills...that would be easy to deal with.

Have you seen core guard or rev bursts?Not a 1 shot per se, but if you wanna be all technical about it, sure : its just a strong burst-chain that can kill unprepared people in a 2s window.Much better, isnt it?

Quite a bit better put on your end, actually. That burst that is strong when chained is easily dodged. Anet gave us dodges, blocks, evades, vigor, toughness for a reason right?

I don't struggle with core guard, although I agree, Rev burst is next-level crazy. Their engage is crazy too. I could totally see a large damage nerf for Rev, as long as they get condi clear buffs.

The game's balance is in a good place for the most part, like I said. If you can't hang with the fast pace, that does get annoying, yes.

Yeah, this game needs a huge nerf on general...would start with bringing back the 70 points traits...this would probably solve the problem that some specs are able to do a little to much of everything without having any downsides...the game is just not fun the way it is right now, we just traded condi bullshit for power bullshit, basically same thing with diferent name, both requires low skill to pull off and both are not fun to play with/against it...seeing people flying around the map with "perma" 25 stack of might, regen, swiftness, protection, fury, retal, etc is just ridiculous, pray to have a stunbreak of cd, cause if not, you gonna get stunlocked and see your health pool go from 100% to 0% in less then a sec, and even if you manage to avoid this crap and try punish the player for missing his burst, all he have to do is press a skill to use one of his many "get our jail cards", its laughable...even funnier is the people that scratch their heads wondering "Why are people quitting the game mode?"

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Quite a bit better put on your end, actually. That burst that is strong when chained is easily dodged. Anet gave us dodges, blocks, evades, vigor, toughness for a reason right?

I don't struggle with core guard, although I agree, Rev burst is next-level crazy. Their engage is crazy too. I could totally see a large damage nerf for Rev, as long as they get condi clear buffs.

The game's balance is in a good place for the most part, like I said. If you can't hang with the fast pace, that does get annoying, yes.

op was also refering to wvw, which i did too in my first post (the one not directed to you) i even said in pvp its not as much powercreep as in wvw. have you ever played wvw in a zerg or in a gvg? happens countless times that you die instantly from 100 to 0 in a second, even in 15 vs 15 (which isnt a very big number) and its pure badluck when that happens because most of the time just 2 big hits coming in at the same time hitting both you out of those 15 ppl to drop you. for example rev cor with 8k dmg flying around, you cant dodge em all, and boons arent always there not to mention last weeks meteor week ( which i know wasnt intended as such, but 10-20k can be a oneshot easily)i never even said something about oneshots,dunno why you even get hung up about them

Nah. The power creep is real. Whoever said pvp is kind of addressed is wrong. I stopped playing a few years ago and came back for the release of PoF and the difference is INSANE! I haven't felt a creep, I missed the curve, I ran into it face first. Things like this need addressing because it can kill games.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:The current enhanced DPS is actually doing a good job of counteracting boon frequency, bulk, and uptime.

yea you either die instantly because you get hit by some big stuff when your boons are not up for a second, or you dont die at all, good balancing
clapclap

Clearly the pace of the game is too fast for some people, but that's what makes PvP fun and exciting for others. Nobody in the game dies instantly. Name 1-hit skills that you don't see a BIG tell that they're coming. The only one I can think of is a GS burst mesmer coming at you in stealth, but they still stun you, giving you .05 to react with a stunbreak.

Otherwise, there's no such thing as a true no-tell 1shot in the game. In higher levels of PvP, teamfights last a good deal of time, winning teams only have 0-3 deaths to each of their names.

Juist no, balance hasn't been good form the moment HOT launched. If you think the first one to hit the other wins is fun. Play a shotter. In a mmo you want to see longer fights then 1 hit kill.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

The game's balance is in a good place for the most part, like I said. If you can't hang with the fast pace, that does get annoying, yesYou haven't played this game for long if you think the balance is in a good place. Good place was before hot. that was a 8/10 or maby 10/10 balance. What we have the past 2 years is like a 4/10 if you are really nice about it.

@Hiki.9310 said:I would like to see the power creep in a kalla/mallyx build that makes people think that a direct nerf to condition damage in general is warranted instead of just nerfing the over performing condition builds like mirage.

I did say that the outlayers need to get an extra nerf so mirage and rev and so on.

@will de grijze jager.6594 said:

clapclap

Juist no, balance hasn't been good form the moment HOT launched. If you think the first one to hit the other wins is fun. Play a shotter. In a mmo you want to see longer fights then 1 hit kill.

NOArenaNet want the casuals to feel better that why they created the one shot buildsknow stop complaining and become a casual its better for your mental health if you want to continue playing GW2 SPVPand do not argue with the casuals its not good for your mental health

They already did one powercreep nerf like 3 or 4 balance patches ago. Outside of Mesmer not getting hit hard enough, the community largely agreed that it was a very good patch. The problem is that the PoF specs were so stupidly overpowered compared to everything else that it wasn't enough, but it did shorten the power gap by a bit. They need to do another repeat of that patch and balance will be in a good spot, provided they actually go far enough. Whatever they do though, I hope it's abundantly clear to them that outside of rev, HoT specs are all garbage right now and they need to do something to bring PoF specs in line.

@DragonFury.6243 said:

clapclap

NOArenaNet want the casuals to feel better that why they created the one shot buildsknow stop complaining and become a casual its better for your mental health if you want to continue playing GW2 SPVPand do not argue with the casuals its not good for your mental health

true haha the casuals will see what happens if anet will not go back to the pre hot balance. If the cauals don't understand what i mean the game will die out. There are a lot of guys that has died because of this kind of thing happening and those games were better then gw2.

@Derm.4932 said:They already did one powercreep nerf like 3 or 4 balance patches ago. Outside of Mesmer not getting hit hard enough, the community largely agreed that it was a very good patch. The problem is that the PoF specs were so stupidly overpowered compared to everything else that it wasn't enough, but it did shorten the power gap by a bit. They need to do another repeat of that patch and balance will be in a good spot, provided they actually go far enough. Whatever they do though, I hope it's abundantly clear to them that outside of rev, HoT specs are all garbage right now and they need to do something to bring PoF specs in line.

I didn't say that the balance patches ago wasn't a stap in the right direction. I said pre hot was the best balance in game and that is the goal they need to aim for. pre hot everything was really close to each other and was about how good a player you were this time was really fun. If they want to get fast back to good balance they need to nerf everything that i said with 50% and the outlayers like rev, mirage thief andso on with a 60 or 70% nerf. You don't need to buff other class to get them on the same level with the outlayers. No you nerf the outlayers.

@Derm.4932 said:They already did one powercreep nerf like 3 or 4 balance patches ago. Outside of Mesmer not getting hit hard enough, the community largely agreed that it was a very good patch. The problem is that the PoF specs were so stupidly overpowered compared to everything else that it wasn't enough, but it did shorten the power gap by a bit. They need to do another repeat of that patch and balance will be in a good spot, provided they actually go far enough. Whatever they do though, I hope it's abundantly clear to them that outside of rev, HoT specs are all garbage right now and they need to do something to bring PoF specs in line.

I didn't say that the balance patches ago wasn't a stap in the right direction.

I never said you claimed that. I agree with most of the stuff in the OP

@Derm.4932 said:

I didn't say that the balance patches ago wasn't a stap in the right direction.

I never said you claimed that. I agree with most of the stuff in the OP

good ^^

The game's balance is in a good place for the most part, like I said. If you can't hang with the fast pace, that does get annoying, yesYou haven't played this game for long if you think the balance is in a good place. Good place was before hot. that was a 8/10 or maby 10/10 balance. What we have the past 2 years is like a 4/10 if you are really nice about it.

Three posts in a row really help prove your point. Also very easy to quote! I see your long game.

Seriously though, I've played the game competitively at times and casually at times for six years (beauty of no subscription). I'm allowed my opinion on balance. I agree there were some fantastic metas before HoT, but this is the best meta in my opinion to exist since HoT came out.

To the guy who asked why I have harped on the people who can't hang with the power meta, (aka the fake 1-shot complainers) just look at all the comments throughout this thread complaining about "1-shots" and "casuals using 1-shots to win the game!"

Anybody watch the monthly? That is a representation of the meta. Not your daily unranked match. Show me the "1-shot" builds used by any team that placed in the top 10.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Three posts in a row really help prove your point. Also very easy to quote! I see your long game.

Seriously though, I've played the game competitively at times and casually at times for six years (beauty of no subscription). I'm allowed my opinion on balance. I agree there were some fantastic metas before HoT, but this is the best meta in my opinion to exist since HoT came out.

To the guy who asked why I have harped on the people who can't hang with the power meta, (aka the fake 1-shot complainers) just look at all the comments throughout this thread complaining about "1-shots" and "casuals using 1-shots to win the game!"

Anybody watch the monthly? That is a representation of the meta. Not your daily unranked match. Show me the "1-shot" builds used by any team that placed in the top 10.

If you take out the outlayers, i will give you that most classes are in a dissent place, but still can impove a lot. Not by buffing, but by nerfing

Archived