Repeating System Messages

For the last few days the guild Message of the Day keeps repeating in my chat window every minute or so, and tonight I kept seeing the notification of the same 2-3 people logging in every minute or so. I had a different friend whisper and ask what was wrong with my game, saying he was getting a notification that I was logging on every minute or so as well.

Anyone have any advice of how to fix this? Or explanation at least?

I sounds like your losing connection to the friends server. (You are connected to multiple servers when playing gw2) That server handles guild and friends.Doing a -repair is always the best first step, however If your still having troubles. Try resetting router, or checking if TCP ports 80, 443, and 6112 are open.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a followup note: after a couple of weeks of trying a number of different things, the issue turned out to be the priority of GW2 in the priority queue on my router. I have a Killer network card and there is a known issue with the "value-added" control software for Killer competing with or mis-prioritizing applications. GW2 was defaulted to Priority 4. When it was changed to Priority 1, problem solved!

Tl;dr -- if you have a Killer network card move up GW2 in the priority list.

Archived