Use for Mini Liadri duplicate?

Guest [Deleted User]

So, anyone who already beat Liadri in the first incarnation of Queen's Gauntlet will get/has gotten a duplicate Liadri mini when they beat her this year. If you've already unlocked her, there's nothing you can do with this mini - can't sell, forge, trade, or salvage it. But it definitely feels wrong to just trash it.

Personally I'd like to see a forge recipe where we can change it into something else. Maybe the non-shrouded version of Liadri, or her counterpart Suriel? Given that Liadri was MUCH harder to beat back then, I think it would be nice to have a little status symbol for those that accomplished it.

But even if that doesn't fly, there should be something we can do with it, right? Sell it for a few gold, trade it for something else at a vendor. Hell, even if we could only forge it with others for a random mini or salvage it for some ectos or something it would be preferable.

What say others?

I got the mini Liadri the second time around (the original Festival of the Four Winds rather than the Queens Jubilee) and I'm glad it's back now and other people have an opportunity to get it. As people showed in the other thread it was possible for some professions to beat her in seconds or without armour the first time around so I'm not sure it's accurate to say it's easier this time. Most of the challenge actually comes from getting the timing and positioning right while you're throwing the orbs, which isn't something elite specs and power creep can help with (except maybe getting dodge to recharge faster).

Not that I'm saying it was easy. For me it was one of the hardest things I've ever done and I'm still proud of managing it. I was doing so many attempts I was literally dreaming about that fight and rushed through the rest of the festival to make time for it. But that's me - I'm not the best player and wasn't using the best profession (I was using my ranger because it's what I knew best). I don't care that other people did it sooner or had an easier time (in some cases because they used glitches), and I don't care about other people getting it later than me. The important thing for me is I was able to do it myself, and I think it made me a better player in the process.

It is annoying to have a duplicate mini though. And it's something which has started coming up more often recently. Some gem store and black lion statuette minis for example get added to the wardrobe as soon as they land in your inventory, and then the actual item is stuck there - you can't get rid of it by adding it to the wardrobe, you can't trade or sell it or use it in the Forge, you just have to delete it which feels kind of wrong. I always worry that there's a reason it's there and I don't want to delete it until I'm completely sure it's useless.

But other than letting us throw them in the forge along with regular minis (which would be a good solution IMO) I'm not sure what they could do that would be fair for people who can only get 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this topic, because I have no idea how many years will be getting duplicate minis before Anet responds. If we turn them into a festival vendor for some type of festival currency that would be awesome. It would be like how the raid vendors handle mini pets but for PvE :D.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived