Branded roller beetle

The branded mounts pack is arguably one of the best if not outright best mount skin bundle in this game. I am very happy for purchasing it because it offers incredible versatility in the way you dye the mount to fit the theme of your character.

There are other skins of course, but they allow much, much less customization since they already have a theme of their own. You have to make your character complement them instead of the other way around. And I don't even want to go into some of the incredibly expensive individual skins or those you can only get through RNG. Such a waste of money and certainly not a proper way to do business. Well, if someone buys those, I guess it works for Anet.

Anyway, the roller bettle only has a single gem skin so far. Incredibly overpriced and imho, kinda ugly skin. Just wanted to say that if a branded version is eventually sold for the likes of 400gems I'd probably buy it. However, If Anet decides to pull some kind of mount adoption license RNG or another 2000 gems shenanigan(more than the entire branded pack), no money from me.

Seriously though, how can some mount skins be so inredibly overpriced? What kind of people buy such crap?

In regards to the beetle mounts one skin which is way over priced. I would like to see Anet if they can find the time to make matching beetle skins for the skin packs like the branded one ,and awakened one. So people who buy it in the future get a full set ,and for those of us who have them already just add it to our skins.

@Sigz.6943 said:In regards to the beetle mounts one skin which is way over priced. I would like to see Anet if they can find the time to make matching beetle skins for the skin packs like the branded one ,and awakened one. So people who buy it in the future get a full set ,and for those of us who have them already just add it to our skins.

The Devs have already stated that they will not be adding any skins, Roller Beetle or other, to existing bundle skin packs.There may well be other Roller Beetle skins on the way.

@Shikigami.4013 said:That's pretty much what I honestly can see happening. And despite all the bad reactions to the first mount adoption licences, I would love to see beetle skins added to those licenses and them being made available once more.

Why? New skins are new skins. Is it a completionist thing to have matching beetle skins for each set? Doesn’t “feel” right for the beetle not to match.

@Fenom.9457 said:There have been 5 bundles so far, so sell a beetle catch up bundle with a beetle skin from each set

This would most likely be the best solution. Sells to ppl who like to have all mounts in a similar style and have already bought the packs, sells to ppl who want more optimization on the beetle, makes money for Anet.

@EpicName.4523 said:Seriously though, how can some mount skins be so inredibly overpriced? What kind of people buy such crap?

You obviously never played or seen Fortnite, the game runs on shitty skins that cost 20 dollars and has made thus far 1 billion dollars, Anet have a considerably smaller community that doesn't buy all of their gemstore in one shopping day, so it takes a bit more time to create the things you want, but I'm pretty sure that they are working on adding the beetle skin to every mount skin bundle, just a matter of time.

@Nopesarenotforme.5190 said:

@EpicName.4523 said:Seriously though, how can some mount skins be so inredibly overpriced? What kind of people buy such crap?

You obviously never played or seen Fortnite, the game runs on kitten skins that cost 20 dollars and has made thus far 1 billion dollars, Anet have a considerably smaller community that doesn't buy all of their gemstore in one shopping day, so it takes a bit more time to create the things you want, but I'm pretty sure that they are working on adding the beetle skin to every mount skin bundle, just a matter of time.

They actually are not, and have stated this.

@Brother.1504 said:

@"Shikigami.4013" said:That's pretty much what I honestly can see happening. And despite all the bad reactions to the first mount adoption licences, I would love to see beetle skins added to those licenses and them being made available once more.

Why? New skins are new skins. Is it a completionist thing to have matching beetle skins for each set? Doesn’t “feel” right for the beetle not to match.

I don't understand your answer to me. You ask "why" and then give the reason why. Basically you say what I said while putting it as if I wrote something wrong.

@lokh.2695 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:There have been 5 bundles so far, so sell a beetle catch up bundle with a beetle skin from each set

This would most likely be the best solution. Sells to ppl who like to have all mounts in a similar style and have already bought the packs, sells to ppl who want more optimization on the beetle, makes money for Anet.

Is it the best? People who only bought one of the mount packs and want the beetle to complete it won't want to be forced to buy multiple beetles.

The subjectively best solution is to release the beetle skins for individual sale (I have no idea how ANet would price them if they ever did this).

The most LIKELY solution is ANet never releases these skins and only adds original beetle skins to future mount packs and adoption licenses (along with standalone exclusives like the not-armadillo).

@JDub.1530 said:

Is it the best? People who only bought one of the mount packs and want the beetle to complete it won't want to be forced to buy multiple beetles.

The subjectively best solution is to release the beetle skins for individual sale (I have no idea how ANet would price them if they ever did this).

The most LIKELY solution is ANet never releases these skins and only adds original beetle skins to future mount packs and adoption licenses (along with standalone exclusives like the not-armadillo).

The individual pricing should be 320 on discount and 400 normal. If you take the previous packs of 5 and divide, that’s what you get

I really like the branded mounts pack, but the Wintersday mounts are my favorite. I wish I could justify getting the branded mounts, but the opportunity cost of a $20 bundle when I already have skins I like is just too high for me. For the same price, I can get two new character slots. If I didn't have the Wintersday mounts, I'd have definitely picked up the branded mounts.

Archived