Need advice for GS open world build

Adokyn.1648

Hi,As the title says i'd love some help in setting a GS build mainly for use in open world and personal Story. I user mainly condition setups in the past but never a power Mesmer build. I've read metabattle and It seems sword is a better option. But i love GS and would love ti use it. Thanks a lot for the help.

If you reaaaally want to use greatword, perhaps just copy the metabattle site but just replace the focus set with GS. This will put you in some suboptimal state but this isn’t hardcore raiding. It should take you quite far, much like mine has for me.

If you want a generally stupid idea, take domination/dueling/chrono. You can replace dueling/chrono with illusions if you have to/feel like it. Main traits are imagined burden and chronophantasma (if applicable) and main skills are phantasmal berserker, phantasmal disenchanter, phantasmal defender and signet of ether. You press the skills in their listed order... and then you press them again. With practice, continuum split lets you do this three times. Now you have an illusory army fighting for you o_O This ironically was the last non-meta build that I ran before switching over to what is majorly the meta.

Could try something like this for open world: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8dnELDlphFMDGpBMMjFVDzvA2Ajgldgkz2gMAUB2JA-jxBDABfpEsn9HA4iAEnuBoU+1o6PT8EACAcA87v5bfD+93f/93f76f/93f/93f/93fDA-e

Note that is completely unoptimised so you'd want to tweak the gear/stats to your liking (may want some toughness or more precision etc), along with skill and trait selection.

For open world i use full vipers gears with GS as my ranged and A/T for melee, it works fine. Its not as potent as a full serker build ofc. but it really doesn't need to be, things still drop in a single GS combo.Illusions: 3-3-2Dueling: 1-1-3 (for easy clone generation and 20% extra crit for phantasms)Mirage: 3-3-1

@MikeL.8260 said:For open world i use full vipers gears with GS as my ranged and A/T for melee, it works fine. Its not as potent as a full serker build ofc. but it really doesn't need to be, things still drop in a single GS combo.Illusions: 3-3-2Dueling: 1-1-3 (for easy clone generation and 20% extra crit for phantasms)Mirage: 3-3-1

Good point. On that note I do sometimes swap in GS on my (one-size-fits-all) grieving/cele gear for fun, because while not optimised it is still functional.

IH split surge spam racks up easy 25 vuln on anything, and you generate a decent amount of might, so also works in hybrid stats

If it's moslty open world mirage you could possibly imagined burden with empowered illusions, 12 sec double zerk with might+vuln on ambush would probably be fine.

Grab duel or illu for more damageOr Insp for cleanse, chaos for stab.

Condi is vastly superior in PvE content in general, but if you aren't willing to make vipers this could probably take you through tier 3 fractals presuming you don't get kicked for a selfish build.

Open world you can really run whatever you like, gear and stats just change how efficient you are.

Just copy paste the Illu/Duel build and use GS and Sword/Sword.

Domi may look like worth it for Imagined Burden, but Illusions provides tons of self quickness and might as well as modifiers that are easily obtainable, faster shatters and Dueling is just the best damage traitline due to having access to tons of Fury and Superiority Complex.

@Daishi.6027 said:If it's moslty open world mirage you could possibly imagined burden with empowered illusions, 12 sec double zerk with might+vuln on ambush would probably be fine.

Condi is vastly superior in PvE content in general, but if you aren't willing to make vipers this could probably take you through tier 3 fractals presuming you don't get kicked for a selfish build.

Not exactly.

In raids, there are some instances where power dps is superior due to having better upfront damage. This is why in KC, Weaver was king for a long time, in Sabetha pugs search for Power DPS to deal with cannons, VG power dps is better due to phasing and VG having lower armor, outside of Epi bouncing (which is dead right now). Condis are good for fights that just has one target allowing your condis to ramp up and upkept or bosses with high armor making power dps less effective.

In fractals, power is superior in every fractal made. Most bosses have phases, breakbars which allow you to burst them in high amounts condi cant and mobs just die in a second with Power. Condi cant deal with mobs that well. Not to mention most Power options have really good cleave which is really important in clearing fractals.

In open world power is infact better as well, maybe just outside champion bosses, where condi can shine because the fights last long enough. But most of the time you'll be jumping from one trash mob to another where power's burst damage is superior.

@Refia Montes.3205 said:

@Daishi.6027 said:If it's moslty open world mirage you could possibly imagined burden with empowered illusions, 12 sec double zerk with might+vuln on ambush would probably be fine.

Not exactly.

In raids, there are some instances where power dps is superior due to having better upfront damage. This is why in KC, Weaver was king for a long time, in Sabetha pugs search for Power DPS to deal with cannons, VG power dps is better due to phasing and VG having lower armor, outside of Epi bouncing (which is dead right now). Condis are good for fights that just has one target allowing your condis to ramp up and upkept or bosses with high armor making power dps less effective.

In fractals, power is superior in every fractal made. Most bosses have phases, breakbars which allow you to burst them in high amounts condi cant and mobs just die in a second with Power. Condi cant deal with mobs that well. Not to mention most Power options have really good cleave which is really important in clearing fractals.

In open world power is infact better as well, maybe just outside champion bosses, where condi can shine because the fights last long enough. But most of the time you'll be jumping from one trash mob to another where power's burst damage is superior.

Sorry, do you mean as Mirage as well? Because that was the context I was going with.

I find it a little hard to think of power mirage being all that useful in raids and fracs, or at least not being inferior to condi in most fights that matter. When it comes to power with other classss or builds I have no doubt.

Although, I’d happily welcome being wrong on that. To often do I get shade for trying to run power mirage in t4 fracs and end up switching gear or going chrono.

(Ah I see the confusion, in my stament when I said “superior in general” I meant specifically mirage useage in general.)

@Daishi.6027 said:

Not exactly.

Sorry, do you mean as Mirage as well? Because that was the context I was going with.

I find it a little hard to think of power mirage being all that useful in raids and fracs, or at least not being inferior to condi in most fights that matter. When it comes to power with other classss or builds I have no doubt.

Although, I’d happily welcome being wrong on that. To often do I get shade for trying to run power mirage in t4 fracs and end up switching gear or going chrono.

(Ah I see the confusion, in my stament when I said “superior in general” I meant specifically mirage useage in general.)

well that's a misunderstanding. apologies.

well going for Power Chrono with GS is your best bet really. As Chrono works really well with GS as its a power weapon and the Phantasm with Chronophantasm is also pretty strong.

Archived