Berserker Difficulty Level

Archivist.8109

@Archivist.8109 said:I'm coming back to the game after a long break and starting fresh. I like to plan ahead early on, so I was wondering how easy/difficult berserker is to handle? Specifically a sword/torch condi build.

i'm also curious. i haven't seen a berserker warrior in a long time. Also, I wonder how viable is a dual sword build.

Berserker isn't really difficult. You have a lot of buttons and weapon swaps to mash, but you can get used to it rather quickly. Looking at cooldowns and then just swapping weapons whenever its up pretty much.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@Archivist.8109 said:I'm coming back to the game after a long break and starting fresh. I like to plan ahead early on, so I was wondering how easy/difficult berserker is to handle? Specifically a sword/torch condi build.

i'm also curious. i haven't seen a berserker warrior in a long time. Also, I wonder how viable is a dual sword build.

The damage on the Sword 4 is actually pretty huge, sadly it is a projectile so using it on anything other than static PvE mobs is awful. The sword 5 also does nothing for you. In the end it's simply outclassed by Torch and Longbow in the other weapon set.

The main difficulty with Berserker is mastering the unique way the heal functions, as it essentially doubles as an offensive cooldown reset that should be used to achieve max DPS rather than healing.

You can of course run it safe with Healing Signet if you want, but you’ll miss out on the main potential of the specialization.

Trust me when I say this, Berserker does have a high skill cap. You could do really cool things like for example with a Mace zerker: Normal Non-Berserker mode Skull Crack > Bait Stun Break with autos > Signet of Fury > go for the skull grinder burst.

The problem is, whats the point Berserker doesn't allow you to go trigger happy while being defensive? You have to be precise, you can't even be tanky anymore. Only thing zerker has nowadays is condi-burst. When Spellbreaker is more forgiving defense/attack-wise and Core Warrior is looking stronger due to the adrenaline changes + Fast Hands and Mobility on discipline. It's not rewarding enough because you can't defend yourself hard enough on most berserker specs. I bet scourge could still Z-axis teleport too and that makes them infinitely better for condi bomb, but correct me if I'm wrong. The closest that you can get to an "attacking while evading spec" nowadays is probably with Core and Spellbreaker full counter. And even then, you'd be balanced compared to garbage designed characters like Mirage and Ranger. Balanced character just means garbage tbh, playing well designed characters don't really work anymore sadly. It's been this way ever since 2015.

It's just too hard, how will you make zerker work when you have to sacrifice so much. You can be amazing at zerker but you'll still get trolled cause everything else is just easier.

@"Schwahrheit.4203" said:Trust me when I say this, Berserker does have a high skill cap. You could do really cool things like for example with a Mace zerker: Normal Non-Berserker mode Skull Crack > Bait Stun Break with autos > Signet of Fury > go for the skull grinder burst.

The problem is, whats the point Berserker doesn't allow you to go trigger happy while being defensive? You have to be precise, you can't even be tanky anymore. Only thing zerker has nowadays is condi-burst. When Spellbreaker is more forgiving defense/attack-wise and Core Warrior is looking stronger due to the adrenaline changes + Fast Hands and Mobility on discipline. It's not rewarding enough because you can't defend yourself hard enough on most berserker specs. I bet scourge could still Z-axis teleport too and that makes them infinitely better for condi bomb, but correct me if I'm wrong. The closest that you can get to an "attacking while evading spec" nowadays is probably with Core and Spellbreaker full counter. And even then, you'd be balanced compared to garbage designed characters like Mirage and Ranger. Balanced character just means garbage tbh, playing well designed characters don't really work anymore sadly. It's been this way ever since 2015.

It's just too hard, how will you make zerker work when you have to sacrifice so much. You can be amazing at zerker but you'll still get trolled cause everything else is just easier.

This 100%

When I am on my other Warriors and I fight a Berserker I do not even look for when they activate Berserk mode, its that weak now. Even a trash Holosmith can dump all over you before you get to your second burst.

Archived