LWS 2 achievement mastery point unlocks

I hate LWS 2 story. It's horrible. Did it once purely for the points and hoped wouldn't have to endure that again.

However, I need just one point to complete my core Tyria masteries and been sitting like that for weeks. Since the Siege Commander Spoon does not drop for me in WvW and the triple wurm heads stay happily alive after that one time I have witnessed a single one of them die...seems there is no other choice, but to go back to LWS2.

So, which of the LWS 2 mastery point unlocking achievements are easiest/shortest to do?

You misunderstand. I'm not asking which core mastery points are easiest to unlock in general. I ask which achievements related to LWS 2 which grant said points are easiest to do.

Easiest is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think any of them are "easy" for some people; I don't think any of them are difficult for others. My personal list doesn't include any LS2 masteries as "easy." I labeled them all as "tedious," meaning a lot of effort for little gain.

Since I am unable to answer your question as currently phrased, I'll instead list the 54 I strongly recommend you complete first. I'm sure you've done many of these already and I apologize for repeating them, without knowing which of they you've already done. Since only 49 are required, you have some wiggle room:

Simplest 27

• Koutalophile (1), it's really just a matter of patience.
  • Karka Queen (1)
  • FotM (12): Carrier Cacophony, Fancy Footwork, Flawless Fins Foil Foes, Holo-Hornpipe, Hop, Skip, and Jump, Horrik's Horror, If We Only Had Marshmallows, Open GraveOut of Cluck, Take a Bow, The Floor Is Lava. Don't Step In It, Weapons Tester — all of these can be cheezed or done with help from guildies or lfg.
  • PS (2): reaching L80 & completing first chapter of the personal story
  • Mastery Insights (9): ;nuff said
  • JP (1): Hidden Garden.
  • Silverwastes: retrospective runaround (a JP)

A Matter of Timing 11 (total = 38)

• Triple Trouble (3). Despite what you say, this is just a matter of joining a few of the organized runs by the guilds that do this regularly.
  • Dry Top (1): Ruler of Shinies. Join one of the LFGs or organized runs. Show up at the right time and done.
  • FotM (1): Twilight Oasis. This is more difficult than other fractal achievements, but any three people familiar with it can carry two others at the lowest tier.
  • Silverwastes (5): kill all the legendaries. This is a profitable endeavor: join Silverwastes "RIBA" runs in LFG. You don't even need to know what that means until you get there. Inevitably, all these bosses appear at some point. It might take many runs, but if you process the loot efficiency, it's profitable.

Laborious 16 (total = 54)

• Conservation of Magic (1): Side story achievements. Very time consuming, but easy.
  • Explorer (2): Dive Master & LA Exterminator. Not So Secret: get a port from a mesmer or use teleport to friend. There are a number of helpful vids on how to get this. (Best tip: have someone in party wait at the drop location and target them.)
  • Fractals (2): Shockwave Skipper, Subject 6 Deep-Sixer — both these require some effort (as opposed to previous FotM that can be leeched/cheeze). The second one can also be leeched but needs a group that knows the mechanics a bit.
  • Hero (4): finish all the dungeon stories, plus the first four chapters of LS4
  • Justice of the Blade (1), a side story
  • Other fractals (2) Nightmare & Shattered Observatory, both leechable from a decent group at tier 1. Both totally doable by a new group with more effort
  • Tequatl (1)
  • Silverwastes (1): go for gold (careful not to use Dulfy's numbering system; it doesn't match the one in game, created after her guide. The wiki is correct and this is easy enough with mounts & gliding.)
  • Transfer chaser (1). Time consuming but easy
  • Triple Trouble (1). Also easy by joining an organized run.

Again, I apologize for not directly answering your question, but as you see, I don't consider any LS2 mastery unlocks to be on the list of "do these first."

Dragons Reach 1 potentially, but it kinda depends if you are doing it on your own or cheesing it with friends. I know my guild took a lot of ls2 and we took it turns with one person doing the work and the other(s) who needed the achievement basically hanging back until they needed to tag. DR1 was one of the easier chapters for doing this.

Entanglement is another. I have a feeling I did a lot of that solo and I'm not a great player

If you are on EU, I would be holding out for a Triple Trouble run. Successful runs are usually daily (not sure if same during festival, but probably) via Open Community

LS2 Central Tyria mastery points are not easy. I'd argue they are the hardest to get in the game. I'd really suggest having a look over Illconceived Was Na.9781 's list and trying to find some there you haven't completed yet. In lieu of that; as others have said, look for a Triple Trouble run, they are probably the simplest to get, it just requires a little advanced searching for an active map:

• Type "/wiki et" in your chat bar to bring up the official Event Timer
  • Look for commander/s advertising in the Looking for Group tab of your Contact and LFG window 30 minutes ahead of time or head to Bloodtide Coast then (or earlier) to find one.

Good luck!

If you're serious about the LS2 achievements, Echoes of the Past and Tangled Paths are the "easiest". They're both soloable. Echoes of the Past is mostly just time-consuming. Tangled Paths has one easy instance, and one that's like pulling teeth. Dancer in the dark and snack pack are a royal pain, but it's doable if you're careful.

If you have one or more very patient and kind friends you can cheese seeds of truth achievements by helping just enough to get bronze then cowering in a corner while they do most of the heavy lifting.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Easiest is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think any of them are "easy" for some people; I don't think any of them are difficult for others. My personal list doesn't include any LS2 masteries as "easy." I labeled them all as "tedious," meaning a lot of effort for little gain.

Since I am unable to answer your question as currently phrased, I'll instead list the 54 I strongly recommend you complete first. I'm sure you've done many of these already and I apologize for repeating them, without knowing which of they you've already done. Since only 49 are required, you have some wiggle room:

Simplest 27

• Koutalophile (1), it's really just a matter of patience.
  • Karka Queen (1)
  • FotM (12): Carrier Cacophony, Fancy Footwork, Flawless Fins Foil Foes, Holo-Hornpipe, Hop, Skip, and Jump, Horrik's Horror, If We Only Had Marshmallows, Open GraveOut of Cluck, Take a Bow, The Floor Is Lava. Don't Step In It, Weapons Tester — all of these can be cheezed or done with help from guildies or lfg.
  • PS (2): reaching L80 & completing first chapter of the personal story
  • Mastery Insights (9): ;nuff said
  • JP (1): Hidden Garden.
  • Silverwastes: retrospective runaround (a JP)

A Matter of Timing 11 (total = 38)

• Triple Trouble (3). Despite what you say, this is just a matter of joining a few of the organized runs by the guilds that do this regularly.
  • Dry Top (1): Ruler of Shinies. Join one of the LFGs or organized runs. Show up at the right time and done.
  • FotM (1): Twilight Oasis. This is more difficult than other fractal achievements, but any three people familiar with it can carry two others at the lowest tier.
  • Silverwastes (5): kill all the legendaries. This is a profitable endeavor: join Silverwastes "RIBA" runs in LFG. You don't even need to know what that means until you get there. Inevitably, all these bosses appear at some point. It might take many runs, but if you process the loot efficiency, it's profitable.

Laborious 16 (total = 54)

• Conservation of Magic (1): Side story achievements. Very time consuming, but easy.
  • Explorer (2): Dive Master & LA Exterminator. Not So Secret: get a port from a mesmer or use teleport to friend. There are a number of helpful vids on how to get this. (Best tip: have someone in party wait at the drop location and target them.)
  • Fractals (2): Shockwave Skipper, Subject 6 Deep-Sixer — both these require some effort (as opposed to previous FotM that can be leeched/cheeze). The second one can also be leeched but needs a group that knows the mechanics a bit.
  • Hero (4): finish all the dungeon stories, plus the first four chapters of LS4
  • Justice of the Blade (1), a side story
  • Other fractals (2) Nightmare & Shattered Observatory, both leechable from a decent group at tier 1. Both totally doable by a new group with more effort
  • Tequatl (1)
  • Silverwastes (1): go for gold (careful not to use Dulfy's numbering system; it doesn't match the one in game, created after her guide. The wiki is correct and this is easy enough with mounts & gliding.)
  • Transfer chaser (1). Time consuming but easy
  • Triple Trouble (1). Also easy by joining an organized run.

Again, I apologize for not directly answering your question, but as you see, I don't consider any LS2 mastery unlocks to be on the list of "do these first."

Thanks for posting this.. may not have helped the OP but sure has helped me a bunch. :+1:

Just want to include that if you have the option (and are insistent on doing the LS2 achieves for Masteries), consider doing one of the last four chapters because (iirc) those four are needed for the Luminescent collection. That way if you decide to do it at some point, you've already made progress.

I recall Echoes of the Path being quite easy. I was intimidated by the number of mechanics at first, but it worked out pretty easily for me in the end.

I believe Tangled Paths was easy as well, but the times I've repeated it on alts for Keys I've found it much more difficult than I remembered avoiding the Lurcher. Mind you I'm not exactly -trying- to avoid it, but it always seems to catch me so it may not be as easy as I remembered it.

Seeds of Truth is hard. Dodgy Crowd especially (I think. Maybe it was Wicked Rodeo? Or both?). I quit or left the instance several times completely naked from gear breaking. Supposedly its pretty easy with a friend but I hadn't tried that.

Point of No Return I recall being considerably easier than Seeds of Truth with the exception of "It's All About the Timing." I managed it solo but just barely. With friends it's probably a piece of cake.

@"Glacial.9516" said:I believe Tangled Paths was easy as well, but the times I've repeated it on alts for Keys I've found it much more difficult than I remembered avoiding the Lurcher. Mind you I'm not exactly -trying- to avoid it, but it always seems to catch me so it may not be as easy as I remembered it.

Avoiding lurker is actually very easy although there might be some slight RNG elements to it. You can wait for it to aggro on Caithe and have it stick to her the whole time completely removing it from the equation. It can and will switch to you if you get close enough so where it aggro'ed initially does make a difference.

Dodgy Crowd would definitely be easier with a friend. Mainly for the sand pools. The sand wall needs to be avoided regardless considering how much damage they do but IIRC they are actually projectiles that can be destroyed by various anti-projectile skills.

"It's All About Timing" can be made much easier with stealth for the last parts where you are getting the crystals, similar result can be achieved with helpers going off to kill the enemies while you run the crystals.

I've only done the last 4 episodes (for the luminescent armour) but of those 4 I'd say Tangled Paths was the easiest. It did involve doing Into the Labyrinth 3 times (not including the initial completion) but as long as I knew what to do none of the achievements were difficult to complete, and I'm not the best player.

But if you'd prefer to do the Triple Wurm then I'd recommend that. If you can get to the map about 30 minutes before it's starting and/or find an organised group in LFG you can almost guarantee it'll succeed.

Archived