PVP Rev most challenging class resticted to play

Kazeshini.8210

/rant

I came back to play pvp again (stopped playing pvp rev somewhere in the middle of HoT season) just to complete my Champion Ritualist title but damn, I tried playing and alternating between core / herald / ren just to be disappointed in the end. I do enjoy playing power herald the most because they are more efficent than the others. I am not saying I am very good at playing rev but they have a very small window just to execute whatever skills against opposing team members mostly during 1 vs 1 scenarios.

I liked using Devastation just for the burst dps but I really liked the trait Assassins Annihilation but it's unreliable 50 / 50 of the time. Either I am out of reach and cucked by the long range dps or having to fight classes that dodges a lot like d / d thieves or condi axe mirage. It's having Devastation or and Innovation is where I mostly rely on dps. This is where Retribution trait comes in and replace Devastation for more solid trait line. There's the stability, retaliation / taunt, and condition cleanse they all have the requirement to dodge just to proc. Having Ret traits is way better in the long run + leadership runes + sigils that cleanses condi just stand up against condi classes.

I kinda wish there's a better alternative when there are scenarios rather than having to swap to shiro and hoping there are targets that are far away or having to use that dodge utility just to escape for tight situations.

I don't think I would be play rev again if I were to farm more things for ranked PvP rewards with their current state. It's a nice flavor class to play but their current state for playing as one is one of the toughest to play to be either kiting or waiting for an opportunity to go in and finally is to managing the energy efficiently when to use the skills at the right time.

Most PVP scenarios against condi during a 1 v 1 just to capture / defend it's either you take them down first or get taken down over time. Other power creep class I got nuked easily (mostly mesmer's stun lock) I can't rely on glint's stun break when I needed it when I suddenly using shiro or manage to dodge those sneaky stealth attacks for stability.

Archived