Holosmith has a huge lack of Combos Fields/Finishers

LUST.2305

I was hoping to combine Photon Forge's pistol burst "Photon Blitz" with Hard Light arena to Remove Conditions (since it's a light field).In fact, a lot of the Holosmith skills don't even combo well because there isn't anything to combo with. A lot of skills can be blocked/reflected because they are treated as "projectiles".If anything, they need to have these finishers or make some these skills unblockable.

I understand the whole "it's light, it cant be physical" possible argument...but there is literally no combo potential to really sustain.

Trait:

• Crystal Configuration: Storm* is a "explosive" projectile, but doesn't trigger any combos. It should be at least be physical and have more range.

Toolbelt:

• Blade Burst is a projectile, but isn't counted as such.
  • Particle Accelerator is actually counted a Physical Projectile

Skills:

• Forge: Corona Burst is an explosion, but doesn't trigger combo fields.
  • Forge: Holographic Shockwave seems like it should be a leap/blast finisher...but isnt.
  • Forge: Photon Blitz isn't a Projectile Finsiher
  • Elite: Prime Light Beam should give a light field
  • Sword: Refraction Cutter is a projectile, but doesn't have a Projectile Finisher
  • Utility: Coolant Blast isn't a Blast Finisher...
  • Utility: Laser Disk should count as 'Combo Finisher: Whirl', like Shredder Gyro was. Same concept.

Explosions aren't actually a combo finisher, they're specifically on engi to work with traits that trigger from explosions (shrapnel).

I would like to see more finishers as well. The holographic shockwave IMO shouldn't lock you in place either, feels weird in an intense environment, like being in a big fight in WvW where tons of stuff is going on.

Also as some others have mentioned I think we could get more interaction with light fields and aura. Maybe even an increase in functionality of the aura (though that might be too much to ask).

@Arimas.3492 said:[...]Also as some others have mentioned I think we could get more interaction with light fields and aura. Maybe even an increase in functionality of the aura (though that might be too much to ask).Neat idea, but feels like a material for another elite spec tbh.

I definitely would like to see more finishers. At least a blast on Corona Burst and leap on sword 3.

Archived