Obsidian Shard Sink?

@"Hesacon.8735" said:Any chance of getting an obsidian shard sink? I have thousands of these despite making legendaries at a rate of several per year.

Donate to a guild member? or a RL friend? or me? (just kidding)

You could also make an event in guild that rewards that?

This is a "rich people's problem". Meanwhile, I am struggling to offload a bunch of crystalline dust or whatever from my inventory.. Just dont know what to use them for..

@torakun.9638 said:

@"Hesacon.8735" said:Any chance of getting an obsidian shard sink? I have thousands of these despite making legendaries at a rate of several per year.

This is a "rich people's problem". Meanwhile, I am struggling to offload a bunch of crystalline dust or whatever from my inventory.. Just dont know what to use them for..

If I could donate I'd give them away for nothing, but they're account bound. I'd rather have crystalline dust because there are merchants that accept it.

@torakun.9638 said:

doesn't crystalline dust have coin value on the TP? or do you mean crystalline ore?

@starlinvf.1358 said:

doesn't crystalline dust have coin value on the TP? or do you mean crystalline ore?

I think they mean crystalline ore too. Dust could be easily sold.

@"Hesacon.8735" said:If I could donate I'd give them away for nothing, but they're account bound. I'd rather have crystalline dust because there are merchants that accept it.If you mean Crystalline Ore, there's a lot of sinks for that already (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystalline_Ore) Among them are 18 unique guild armor pieces (Ornate) and 16 weapons (Shimmering/Tenebrous - one recipe purchase gets both). Recipes for those are 40 crystalline ore each, so crafting all of them will take 1360. There's also a bunch of minis you can buy with them that will need several hundred more. There are also some special inscriptions and insignias, and cooking recipes, however it might be cheaper to buy those with WvW currency instead.

If a player isn't interested in any of those options, or they somehow managed to buy them all and still have more, then they may want a new sink. I'd like to see them add more options for using Guild Commendations as well as Shimmering/Tenebrous Crystals, but I'd be ok with new options also requiring some Crystalline Ore if necessary. Right now, I'm not sure there needs to be more sinks for Crystalline Ore.

As for the original question about Obsidian Shards, I seem to obtain them significantly faster than I use them, but thus far I've only crafted 3 legendaries. I have also made some fulgurite to help crunch down auric dust and leyline sparks which has used up a couple hundred Obsidian Shards in the process. My current inventory of obs shards is over 1500, so I'm set for making several legendaries which is more than I have plans for at this point. An extra sink for these might be useful, but I'd like to see a lot of other too-abundant items addressed first.

I don't think every account bound item in the game needs to have a sink for the outliers who end up with more than they can use. Slow the acquisition and those who need it the most will run short too often; up the rates and there will always be a few people who end up with too much, because they prefer the content that distributes it like water in a rainstorm.

It's easy enough to delete stuff. (My preferred method is to throw it all on a keytoon before creating the next.) I'd like to see some account bound mats with vendor value, even if it means needing more invisible bag slots, because that would make it even easier to delete.

In generally, if ANet is going to time building long term sinks for stuff that piles up, I'd far prefer they apply their efforts to stuff that everyone accumulates in bulk, such as gossamer or orichalcum or foxfire clusters. I can live with deleting bloodstone/empyreal/dragonite; I cry when I vendor crafting materials.

Here's a short list of overly abundant mats that I'd like to see addressed before any others:

• Auric Sliver
  • Resonating Sliver
  • Milling Stone
  • Eye of Kormir

Even many grey junk items sell for more than these. While all the junk items can be sold with 1 click, I need to sell each of these 1-by-1 which adds up over many selling visits. A great quality of life change would be an ability to select specific items to tag as junk or be selected with junk to allow selling of them in one step. That would also help with selling minor runes and sigils.

@Hesacon.8735 said:Any chance of getting an obsidian shard sink? I have thousands of these despite making legendaries at a rate of several per year.

I am usually running short on those all the time. Only recently, when I finished equipping all my characters with 100% ascended gear, I am finally starting to stockpile them (although I will lose many again once I craft my next legendary for sale).

Perhaps make them tradeable so that people like me can buy them? ;) Just kidding, will never happen (and would devaluate said items).

haha sorry guys, shows how noob I am.. didn't even know that it was an account bound item..

Also need to correct myself again.. I meant to type BLOODSTONE DUST. Do'h.. dont know why I typed crystalline.. I got 750 bloodstone dusts that I dont even know what to do with it.. I wish it can be traded for obsi shards or something..

Also, how did you guys able to get that many obsidian shard?

@torakun.9638 said:haha sorry guys, shows how noob I am.. didn't even know that it was an account bound item..

Also need to correct myself again.. I meant to type BLOODSTONE DUST. Do'h.. dont know why I typed crystalline.. I got 750 bloodstone dusts that I dont even know what to do with it.. I wish it can be traded for obsi shards or something..

PvP/WvW awards them abundantly. You get a bunch every time you finish a reward track, for example. And when you don't actively craft a Legendary, they pile up quickly. Personally I have 3 Legendaries, Aurora the most recent one, and I'm still sitting on a full, fully upgraded storage of Obsidian Shards. I delete them regularly.

@"torakun.9638" said:haha sorry guys, shows how noob I am.. didn't even know that it was an account bound item..

Also, how did you guys able to get that many obsidian shard?For bloodstone dust, you've got a few options. If you have high enough crafting levels, you can crunch them in to bloodstone bricks for ascended crafting. Another option is to use one of the converters (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Converter) that eats bloodstone dust such as Mawdrey or Herta.

For obtaining obsidian shards, I originally bought several from the NPC in Balthazar Temple (2100 karma each) back when there weren't many uses for karma and we were obtaining it much more quickly. Since then, I've gotten most of them from PvP and WvW reward track chests. Usually the final chest in a track has about 8 to 15 of them. After doing dozens or hundreds of reward tracks, those really add up. Note that PvP/WvW reward tracks are a great way to get mystic clovers, transmutation charges, or tomes of knowledge if you need those.

@torakun.9638 said:haha sorry guys, shows how noob I am.. didn't even know that it was an account bound item..

Bought for karma, running Silverwastes.. lots of ways to acquire a decent stash of Obi Shards

Archived