good build to speed through map completion?

Jay.3409

Power Staff Daredevil - Best cleave for Thief. You can also set the Unbound Dodge for mobility and swiftness.You can Have Short bow (mobility), P/P (ranged damage) or D/D (Single target damage) as secondary set.

DeadEye also works well since it has a lot of access to quickness on open world. You can use S/P with it and rifle secondary.

Yep Staff with P/P and mounts. With Invigorating Precision, the build is near unkillable and wrecks fast.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAW6al8MhSnYjTwwJw+EL+EmXRoK8CmDgHwI4WA41EgA-jBSBQBP4IAkRlfmUJYCV/5K7PgHdDR4CAAgHCQAgDAuOAIDg+WA-e

On hard hitting bosses I swap the heal to Channeled Vigor. On stunning bosses, I swap the Assassin Signet to Bandit's Defense. If Ascended is out of reach, Zerk/Valk mix works well. In areas where Invigorating Precision is not needed, No Quarter is disgusting. For larger scale fights on end bosses, a Viper build is much better as the DPS is insanely good but for clearing hearts this build is the best I have found.

@"Straegen.2938" said:Yep Staff with P/P and mounts. With Invigorating Precision, the build is near unkillable and wrecks fast.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAW6al8MhSnYjTwwJw+EL+EmXRoK8CmDgHwI4WA41EgA-jBSBQBP4IAkRlfmUJYCV/5K7PgHdDR4CAAgHCQAgDAuOAIDg+WA-e

On hard hitting bosses I swap the heal to Channeled Vigor. On stunning bosses, I swap the Assassin Signet to Bandit's Defense. If Ascended is out of reach, Zerk/Valk mix works well. In areas where Invigorating Precision is not needed, No Quarter is disgusting. For larger scale fights on end bosses, a Viper build is much better as the DPS is insanely good but for clearing hearts this build is the best I have found.

do i just spam staff 5 for best aoe dmg?

I actually preferred S/P with P/P for map completion (SB pre-PoF instead of P/P).Used that same build as Straegen linked, with some minor changes. Mainly Pulmonary Impact instead of Staff Mastery and Full Berserker gear instead of Marauder).I found the multiple strikes delivered during the Pistolwhip evadeframe to feel like even more of a breeze to play with.

EDIT#1:If you do use Staff instead, no, don't just spam Vault, you'll run out of Initiative at times where you really don't want to...Sure it'll work against most trash mobs, but in general the best thing to do is simply using AA's and using Vault's evade when needed etc.Another quick bit of DPS is done by casting Weakening Charge into a Steal.

EDIT#2:Another thing that popped to mind that I should mention (especially for S/P with P/P variant), is that I'd switch from "Unhindered Combatant"/Dash to "Bounding Dodger"/Bound in Daredevil traitline against tougher enemies. Having access to Stealth by Bounding through your pistol off-hand number 5 skills 'Black Powder' is super convenient if you need to get a quick breather during a tough fight

Archived