core specializations

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Deathmagic is completely useless

Blood magic is for pve power reapers but t1s aren't great. Also protection on wells isn't needed. Better give dmg buff instead

Spite is pretty goodSame goes for soulreaping

Scourge definetly has a theme behind their lines (1-1-1support, 2-2-2 dmg, 3-3-3corrupt)

Reaper you'll find something useful in every tier?

Necro is just lacking dmg modifiers

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Also protection on wells isn't needed. Better give dmg buff instead

That is a very narrow thought path. Not everything is about damage. Especially in that trait line.

I have to agree though, the protection seems odd, themeatically and mechanically. A increase to the lifesteal amount combined with foes in your wells take x% more damage from your attacks would be a lot better and provide more play, also the protection is only applied on casting if you are in the area. Which is a bit lame.

@Barnabus Stinson.1409 said:

That is a very narrow thought path. Not everything is about damage. Especially in that trait line.

I have to agree though, the protection seems odd, themeatically and mechanically. A increase to the lifesteal amount combined with foes in your wells take x% more damage from your attacks would be a lot better and provide more play, also the protection is only applied on casting if you are in the area. Which is a bit lame.

I'll just agree to disagree.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

I'll just agree to disagree.

Completely fair, I want to say I do like the trait, I think in general I would just love more well support.

Protection on wells is great and very needed. Not everyone wants to have soul reaping in his every build, and without it you lose a LOT of protection uptime (spectral mastery + passive spectral armor). It is important that there is another good source of protection available and that's what vampiric rituals offer. Also let's remember that outta 5 wells, three are defensive (blood well, well of power, well of darkness).

For more damage from wells slot rune of chronomancer for some quickness - there's your damage. And if you're talking raid scenarios where you want to max out damage and all the damage boons are already covered by your group - well...i got another idea how to solve that one, but that's not for this post.

@Nimon.7840 said:Deathmagic is completely useless

Blood magic is for pve power reapers but t1s aren't great. Also protection on wells isn't needed. Better give dmg buff instead

Slow down partner protection is probably needed most on reaper if you dont run Soul reaping because your life force generation gets cut down quite a bit. And the protection is the only form of damage reduction you have. Be sides Protection is is the 2nd strongest boon of the few boons necormancer can produce behind might. You really dont want to drop that for some minor damage. Ideally blood magic already provides a small damage boost without having to invest anything and all life stealing damage bypasses defenses like toughness and protection.

Of all the places to put a damage buff its is not one of them.

Same goes for soulreaping

Soul reaping is actually borderline on being bad now. Outside of Spectral mastery, Soul marks, and Vital Persistence every thing else is seriously lacking for 2018Its why many people are dropping it for Blood magic especially on reaper builds.

Gluttony could be reworked its not bad but i think most necros could do without the small boost it provides.

Unyielding Blast In 95% of situations no necro needs more vuln application this trait should beef up the shroud 1 skill a bit more, quicker casting, xfer a condition, bonus damager per condition, etc.

Strength of Undeath Should be a stronger modifier than what it is for the slot that this minor sits in. No less than 10 but no more than 15% I would have it scale up by 5% for every 1/3rd of lf you currently have stocked. 5% damage 33% and lower, 10% at 34-66%, and 15% at 67% and higher.

Foot in the Grave Needs 2 stacks of stab with a few seconds more on the duration.

Dhuumfire Needs to be stronger at its base in other words each shot of life blast should be applying at least 2 or 3 stacks of burn, reaper can have the same effect on its autos as it has to get in to melee which should be much more devastating. Scourge should have it apply 2 stacks every time it procs but it retains its cd function with that spec only. the burn duration can remain the same as it is now at base.

Scourge definitely has a theme behind their lines (1-1-1support, 2-2-2 dmg, 3-3-3corrupt)

This is a feature that only recently started being implemented with new elite specs this theme does not apply to any core lines.

Not generally reaper has a few lesser traits that ideally could be much more viable with a few twist. Specifically looking at the shout trait for the most part and maybe chilling victory too.

Yes its lacking like 1 but we dont need them in every line. Ideally curses was the 2nd damage mod line but it got changed. So the only other line with a damage mod is Soul reaping but its damage mod is too lacking in power. It should be bolstered by shroud but like many of the soul reaping triats (which focus on spectral power and boosting shroud intensely) they dont do a shroud build justice.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Deathmagic is completely useless

Slow down partner protection is probably needed most on reaper if you dont run Soul reaping because your life force generation gets cut down quite a bit. And the protection is the only form of damage reduction you have. Be sides Protection is is the 2nd strongest boon of the few boons necormancer can produce behind might. You really dont want to drop that for some minor damage. Ideally blood magic already provides a small damage boost without having to invest anything and all life stealing damage bypasses defenses like toughness and protection.

For solo content I agree. Having that prot is nice. But for group content, where other classes have easier ways to give prot? It's pretty much useless.

Of all the places to put a damage buff its is not one of them.

Same goes for soulreaping

Soul reaping is actually borderline on being bad now. Outside of Spectral mastery, Soul marks, and Vital Persistence every thing else is seriously lacking for 2018Its why many people are dropping it for Blood magic especially on reaper builds.

Gluttony
could be reworked its not bad but i think most necros could do without the small boost it provides.

Unyielding Blast
In 95% of situations no necro needs more vuln application this trait should beef up the shroud 1 skill a bit more, quicker casting, xfer a condition, bonus damager per condition, etc.

That last bonus dmg per condition would be really nice. Even if it's only on autoattack.

Strength of Undeath Should be a stronger modifier than what it is for the slot that this minor sits in. No less than 10 but no more than 15% I would have it scale up by 5% for every 1/3rd of lf you currently have stocked. 5% damage 33% and lower, 10% at 34-66%, and 15% at 67% and higher.

Foot in the Grave Needs 2 stacks of stab with a few seconds more on the duration.

Yep. Pretty weak skill to be in t3.

Dhuumfire Needs to be stronger at its base in other words each shot of life blast should be applying at least 2 or 3 stacks of burn, reaper can have the same effect on its autos as it has to get in to melee which should be much more devastating. Scourge should have it apply 2 stacks every time it procs but it retains its cd function with that spec only. the burn duration can remain the same as it is now at base.

Scourge definitely has a theme behind their lines (1-1-1support, 2-2-2 dmg, 3-3-3corrupt)

This is a feature that only recently started being implemented with new elite specs this theme does not apply to any core lines.

Not generally reaper has a few lesser traits that ideally could be much more viable with a few twist. Specifically looking at the shout trait for the most part and maybe chilling victory too.

Shout trait is amazing in PvP situations. Same goes for chilling victory.

Yes its lacking like 1 but we dont need them in every line. Ideally curses was the 2nd damage mod line but it got changed. So the only other line with a damage mod is Soul reaping but its damage mod is too lacking in power. It should be bolstered by shroud but like many of the soul reaping triats (which focus on spectral power and boosting shroud intensely) they dont do a shroud build justice.

Archived