Can we get a Well elite skill

Barnabus Stinson.1409

I like wells, they have some good trait support (although I would love to see a simlar trait to guardians and symbols) but the lack of an elite well I think is a real shame. This s amplified by for a power build you only have the golem. I would love to see a well option come in to give another option.

Here is my idea:

Well of Undeath

Area: Slightly larger than other non elite wells, more akin to plaguelands size or slightly smaller.

Damage: Similar per tick to that of well of suffering, but lasts longer at 10s

Additional effects: The well sucks the life out of your foes to keep your allies fighting, granting a boon on every pulse.1 - 1 stack of Stab 4s2 - 2 stacks of might 8s3 - Protection 4s4 - Resistance 4s5 - Fury 8s6 - Regen 4s7- 1 stack of stab 4 seconds8- aegis 4s9- Fury 4s10- Stab prot and reistance 4s

This would give the necro a time to really take the fight to an enemy granting some much needed stability, but on an elite CD. Additionally offers good counterplay of just disengaging and letting the buffs wear off as they are all relively short term.

Note the timings and order are more place holder and could easily be adjusted and reorganized to better balance.

This would be thematically anticlimatic. The necromancer is not known for it's ability to grant boons. Your best shot at a necromancer's elite well would probably be a well of fear. A well that last a few second and fear foe in it every seconds for 1 second on an heartachingly long cool down.

I like the idea of a party buff but I'd say make it an offensive one instead. Something like:Well of HellfireTarget area pulses damage and burning. Allies in the area are granted Hellfire each second.Damage (x6): 1,596 (6.0)?Burning (1s)Hellfire: Your next attack deals increased damage against burning foes.Number of Targets: 5Pulses: 1sDuration: 6sRadius: 240Combo Field: FireRange: 900Unblockable

As much as I want all 'incomplete' core skill sets to be completed so they all have 1 healing, 4 utility and 1 elite, I don't think this fits the bill.

Necromancer wells are mostly a support tool, but that doesn't mean they have to give boons. Support can also be giving enemies soft cc like weakness and blind so their attacks hurt less, or slow so they hit less often.

I would go with something more like:

• Well of Ruin:
    • Activation 1s.
    • Recharge: 150s.
    • Description: Target area pulses, chilling and slowing enemies and stealing life from them to heal allies. Each consecutive pulse has a stronger effect on each target hit.
    • Damage: Slightly above average.
    • Healing: Average.
    • Slow: 2s.
    • Chilled: 2s.
    • Pulses: 6
    • Pulse interval: 1s
    • Bonuses per consecutive pulse: Damage +50%, Healing: +33%, slow duration +0.5s, chilled duration: +0.5s.
    • Combo field: Ice.
    • Number of targets: 5 enemies, 5 allies.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:This would be thematically anticlimatic. The necromancer is not known for it's ability to grant boons. Your best shot at a necromancer's elite well would probably be a well of fear. A well that last a few second and fear foe in it every seconds for 1 second on an heartachingly long cool down.

GW2 description:"Practitioners of the dark arts, necromancers summon the dead, wield the power of lost souls, and literally suck the life force from the enemy. Necromancers feed on life force, which they can use to bring allies back from the brink or cheat death itself.

— GuildWars2.com Necromancer"

"Necromancers are masters of the dark arts. They summon the dead to fight for them, channel blood energy and rend their enemies' souls. Necromancers draw on life force and use it to strengthen or heal themselves and others. As a scholar profession, necromancers wear light armor. "

So, Necromancers CAN give boons, AND even healing!!!!.Just more proof that the Arenanet themselves are incompetent and does not even know what to make of the necromancer. (tho the class idea is very simple).

I will start a new tread.... and ask people on this forum: "What is a Necromancer to you".Hope you write your idea of a necro, iam curious.

@Dadnir.5038 said:This would be thematically anticlimatic. The necromancer is not known for it's ability to grant boons. Your best shot at a necromancer's elite well would probably be a well of fear. A well that last a few second and fear foe in it every seconds for 1 second on an heartachingly long cool down.

I dunno it provides quite a lot that should speak to necros themeatically and what the class really lacks. Being a master of death and so near unkillable is a large part of the class identity. This well would really tap into that... I am the master of death, you can not kill me inside my area.

@Barnabus Stinson.1409 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:This would be thematically anticlimatic. The necromancer is not known for it's ability to grant boons. Your best shot at a necromancer's elite well would probably be a
well of fear
. A well that last a few second and fear foe in it every seconds for 1 second on an heartachingly long cool down.

I dunno it provides quite a lot that should speak to necros themeatically and what the class really lacks. Being a master of death and so near unkillable is a large part of the class identity. This well would really tap into that... I am the master of death, you can not kill me inside my area.

Well... remove the self condition on plagueland and we have an elite well that just fit your definition.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:This would be thematically anticlimatic. The necromancer is not known for it's ability to grant boons. Your best shot at a necromancer's elite well would probably be a
well of fear
. A well that last a few second and fear foe in it every seconds for 1 second on an heartachingly long cool down.

Well... remove the self condition on plagueland and we have an elite well that just fit your definition.

Apart from wells are power based, plaguelands is condi. Plague does good damage but doesnt keep the caster alive. So plaguelands does nothing close to what I said.

well of fear

Apart from wells are power based, plaguelands is condi. Plague does good damage but doesnt keep the caster alive. So plaguelands does nothing close to what I said.

Who said wells have to be power based? What about well of power and we'll of darkness then?

@Nimon.7840 said:

well of fear

Who said wells have to be power based? What about well of power and we'll of darkness then?

Well they arent really condi either? They are more just situationally useful. I would still say the wells have a more power vibe. None of them are overly condi, heck none do any condi damage. Plus on the elite side, a condi damage well would just be plaguelands. But without the corruption support.

well of fear

Well they arent really condi either? They are more just situationally useful. I would still say the wells have a more power vibe. None of them are overly condi, heck none do any condi damage. Plus on the elite side, a condi damage well would just be plaguelands. But without the corruption support.

And traditionally, it has been the corruption/suffering well combo that has been the staple of power builds in pve, pvp and wvw.

Archived