Anet moving forward

Vicariuz.1605

As a player who has been here since beta gw1, I'd like to know the future projected by Anet for pvp in guild wars. I've spent thousand upon thousands of hours in both games, and hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. At this point I'm at a loss as to what the future looks like in this game other than what I've experienced for the last year. No surprise to many, it's not a favorable outlook.

Is there a roadmap for this game mode? I don't mean what's stickied here, I'm asking about a roadmap that encourages and enables any kind of logical progression of skill for players.Is it even on the radar for Anet devs that the VAST majority of your pvp playerbase is INCAPABLE of playing conquest at this point? We can see this demonstrated especially well in NA.Do you have ANY plans to increase the population of the game mode so that your jerry rigged mm and mmr system can actually function in a reasonable way? If you do, what should we be getting excited about? Is there anything to be excited about?

I don't even care about class balance at this point, I will play whatever garbage Anet can come up with regardless of class; however I do care about the weight of players who simply are ignorant to conquest win conditions, and no amount of player driven content will solve that, sorry to inform.

Are any devs even remotely curious why there are the problems there are? Do any of you actually have a genuine pursuit of knowledge regarding that question, or do you think that because money is still coming in via other game modes, it's not something "worth" your effort?

I'm just genuinely asking because I can see neither one way or another what the people developing this game are actually concerned about, if they have ANY concerns at all.

TL:DRDoes Anet care about increasing the quality and quantity of players in pvp?

PvP in MMOs has never been something that was focused on primarily. It's usually PvE and raids.

PvP is treated like a minigame but more bigger; following the end of eSports for GW2, Anet maybe decided to update PvP casually rather than intensively. In other words PvP isn't being handled as much compared to games centered on PvP (e.g. Smite, LoL).

@"Abelisk.4527" said:PvP in MMOs has never been something that was focused on primarily. It's usually PvE and raids.

PvP is treated like a minigame but more bigger; following the end of eSports for GW2, Anet maybe decided to update PvP casually rather than intensively. In other words PvP isn't being handled as much compared to games centered on PvP (e.g. Smite, LoL).

As I've been in the game since gw1, like I posted in the OP, I'm aware of these things, these are non of the issues I asked about.

I am asking what the future looks like in a dev's eyes, for the increase of quality of players. I don't care about "esports"

Archived