Labyrinthine Cliffs, Can we keep it please? And other semi-related suggestions — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Labyrinthine Cliffs, Can we keep it please? And other semi-related suggestions

Hi there

I know it's a festival map and therefor designed around it. But it's the only map, where a festival takes place, that isn't available the rest of the year. For me it feels strange that the LC are cut off from the rest of tyria, much like it feels strange that we can't access Claw Island outside of two story instances. In a lived in world, these places would still exist outside their function, one being a festival ground, the other being a story instance, and we could travel there because we live in a Tyria that has WPs. Now I wouldn't expect anything big to happen there. Keep the griffon adventures, maybe add a generic Karka attack or some other timed event like a pirate raid or something. The traders would most likely move on, but keep the Zephirites and give them a new home in LC. Keep the boatride and the beach, maybe add the fishing from sandswept isles and some toys to costume brawl with, a beach ball for example(akin to the light orbs in Arah, a bundle that can be thrown from one player to the next). Maybe add something similar to the beach in Southsun Cove.

I know it's a tiny thing and ressourcecs are limited, so it's not going to happen. But one can dream, right? I know the recreational areas don't serve a purpose other than RP and I'm not even into that, but I like that they exist. ;)

Have a nice day.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Might be difficult as there are no Waypoints there. (They just look like Waypoints.) When the Festival ends, the Hot Air Balloons and Ship will be removed, so there won't be a way to travel to Labyrinthine Cliffs.

I suppose they could work on the content, again, and add Waypoints, but they probably want to keep it available only during the Festival. It makes the content more desirable to many.

Good luck.

• Khailyn.6248Khailyn.6248 Member ✭✭✭

I have to agree with Inculpatus. While it is certainly possible to keep a ship or balloon permanently available in lions arch to access LC all year round, I believe AN will remove it and keep it like Super Adventure Box where rather than the content getting duller over time, that each year it brings with it renewed hype and excitement.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe add an option on griffon so our griffon can fly us there

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

Then we’d lose an annual festival.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, I wasn't suggesting to keep the festival all year round. Then it would get old very fast, hell, the festival is getting old already for me(my fault for rushing all the content, but nevermind). I just thought it would be neat if we kept the map as a recreational area with only few events like Southsun Cove and turn it to non-festival mode.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭

They could have non-festival events on the map or just make it a non-event map with nodes and races. They could add a candle lanterns release points at night so players can honor the dead. Nothing wrong with a easy going map to relax on. I'd also like to see some weather such as rain, storms and fog. If they added a portal scroll, some crafting stations and various merchants it could double as an open lounge map. I'm sure people would buy the portal scroll for a direct jump. LA changes during Halloween, this map could change during the Festival of the Four Winds.

It'd be nice if they expanded it a bit east and west a bit. The eastern side could connect to the cold part of Desert Highlands by way of an old dwarven tunnel that the Zephyrites used as a secret passage through the mountains. To the west of the map it could connect to the entire waterway on the east side of Mount Maelstrom. The whole water way could be a map transition portal. That would draw PoF maps in contact with core Tyria.

I've been requesting Claw Island to be made into a regular map for awhile. They could expand it to include various small islands in the region, pirate attacks and a Inquest shipwreck that releases karka and pocket raptors that the Inquest were breeding as weapons. Access to the map could be done at the water way leading out of LA's bay.

• I like the idea of the Mount Maelstrom portal. It always bugs me when zones right next to each other have no connection. Lake Doric and bitterfrost did it right, the portals were exactly where you expected them to be and really helped them feel integrated with the world. On the other hand, stuff like there being no way to get into siren's landing from the straights of devastation, or the locked door in dry top that should lead straight into my guild hall are really annoying.

I guess I can understand the point of view that "If we could go there year round, it wouldn't be as special," but at the same time I don't think it would hurt to have a few maps where nothing much was happening for most of the year. Take down the WPs, maybe leave a regular merchant and a quartz node, and the zephyrites go back to business as usual in their quiet little corner of the world. If a player wants to go out of their way to get there to hang out or RP or something, what would the harm be in that? Well, I suppose it would take some dev resources to make a "clean" version of the map, so they'd probably never be able to justify the time needed to make it happen.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.