Help me for 'support chrono' build.

SidewayS.3789

Hello guys. Through my days of pugging fractals for CMs+T4+Recs i've seen exceptional chronos and...well holy hell bad chronos. And i started to get bored playing core war/holo. Now i've looked at both snow crows/dT sites and i have seen both of builds, aka : Minstrel and Zerk+Comm. Now, why is i want some help from you guys...? Because a lot of ppls told me "pick this" others "no no no pick this one" aka "Choose Minstrel if you are pugging CM,because you'll be pretty much immortal and you'll drag your pugs (if they are bad or the druid is bad". Others told me "don't go minstrel because its overkill for CMs+T4 and you'll diminish druid's role" and so so on...My idea was to make a boon sharing chrono with inspi/domi build and since i have boxes for 1 full set ascended, i want some advices about building my items around of of those builds (minstrel or zerk+comm).Thank you.

first of all: i'm not a chrono player myself. i do have a fully geared chrono, but i didnt have the time to learn/play it yet^^i can only repeat what i have "learned" from talking to several chronos in my guild.

since you are talking about pugs, "dont go minstrel because its overkill" is kind of a weird argument.if you ask me, there is no overkill for pugs ^^

however, if you are in a rehearsed team and want to minmax, zerk+comm is the way to go. simply because you can rely on your healers to keep you alive, so you can do basically the same job while offering more personal dps.

@"Hyrai.8720" said:first of all: i'm not a chrono player myself. i do have a fully geared chrono, but i didnt have the time to learn/play it yet^^i can only repeat what i have "learned" from talking to several chronos in my guild.

since you are talking about pugs, "dont go minstrel because its overkill" is kind of a weird argument.if you ask me, there is no overkill for pugs ^^

however, if you are in a rehearsed team and want to minmax, zerk+comm is the way to go. simply because it does the same job while offering more personal dps.

Thank you kindly, but i dont have a static team for Cm+T4. 99,99% i'm puggin the hell of fractals ^^. No idea why they told me "its overkill" that's why i came here to get some help about the stats.

a shot in the dark at what they mean by "its overkill":as a chrono, your job in fractals is basically: sharing boons. hence the concentration on both builds.since your healer "should" be able to keep you alive anyway you don't need the additional toughness and vitality from minstrel gear (<- "overkill"), so you can run zerk/comm instead for higher personal dps.

however, we both know pugs can be pretty weird^^ so you always have to expect your healer to fuck up. in this case, minstrel gear helps to keep yourself and the rest of the group alive, which will result in overall higher group dmg.

Zerk-comm is the minmax build with just %100 boon duration with Sigil of Concentration. I'd say that's more of a static group build since it kinda relies on it's healer.

Minstrel is nice, but does literally zero damage. If you wanna mix in some damage while keeping high toughness and concentration i'd suggest a full commander's set. Less tanky - more dps.

Archived