Deadeye must be nerfed

Malediktus.9250

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Let's nerf Deadeye then complain when the bunker meta returns because the thieves don't lend their services to pvp anymore, instead of telling people to dodge or learn how malice works..

(#)Whydidntyoudodge(#)DamnyouPavlov

Well certain people would rather have things removed instead of actually working to get better or achieve better.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Let's nerf Deadeye then complain when the bunker meta returns because the thieves don't lend their services to pvp anymore, instead of telling people to dodge or learn how malice works..

The hilarious thing is all the images people are posting of themselves supposedly being murdered by deadeye in one global

Then you look at the image and see four hits from double tap and then a stolen skill and a deaths judgement

That's 4 malice lol ¯\(ツ)

I dont mind the damage itself, the issue is being unblockable and Anet dont care(game is made for scrubs mostly) to make block/absorption/reflect their own mechanics with their own counter, so the 1 button unblockable skills will bypass everything on that.

It is to easy to high damage trough unblcokables since counters more than block.

@Aeolus.3615 said:I dont mind the damage itself, the issue is being unblockable and Anet dont care(game is made for scrubs mostly) to make block/absorption/reflect their own mechanics with their own counter, so the 1 button unblockable skills will bypass everything on that.

It is to easy to high damage trough unblcokables since counters more than block.

There’s more counters to the skills besides just block/projectile hate..... but that’s the difference between more skilled players and less skilled players.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:I dont mind the damage itself, the issue is being unblockable and Anet dont care(game is made for scrubs mostly) to make block/absorption/reflect their own mechanics with their own counter, so the 1 button unblockable skills will bypass everything on that.

There’s more counters to the skills besides just block/projectile hate..... but that’s the difference between more skilled players and less skilled players.

I know, but having 1 countering 3 types rather than make atacker pay atention to wich is target is using... its a slacker counter made to be easy counter for those effects has in offender dont need to worry nor pay much atention compared with the target.

I dont mind the unblockables counter all those 3, but the punishing effects at least should be different.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

I know, but having 1 countering 3 types rather than make atacker pay atention to wich is target is using... its a slacker counter made to be easy counter for those effects has in offender dont need to worry nor pay much atention compared with the target.

I dont mind the unblockables counter all those 3, but the punishing effects at least should be different.

Not really the effects achieve similar results, ie stopping attacks from reaching the target, some are just more niche than others, but they are similar style of skills, so having one effect, Unblockable to go through them makes more sense.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Not really the effects achieve similar results, ie stopping attacks from reaching the target, some are just more niche than others, but they are similar style of skills, so having one effect, Unblockable to go through them makes more sense.

Maybe it is the duration of some classes and the damage output on those unblockables make it feels way to strong.

For example using shield on revenant if u block with the amount of unblocks game has and since shield roots rev in one place... it is a self kill skill 80% of the time, being at range or melee.Even some mobs in pve shred rev trough it lol...

It seems like people are complaining about DJ damage and (supposed) lack of counterplay when really, they're looking for counterplay in the wrong places.

If a thief ever actually DJs you, you've already messed up. The counterplay is to deny them might/malice stacks by mitigating the skills they use to build might/malice. And with the bug fix that let 'em build malice/w/e on other targets, there's no longer the excuse...you got marked and let them build enough might/malice to nail you with a DJ, that's on you.

I'd say stop letting it pierce through blocks, otherwise, leave it alone. There is a good amount of counterplay to it. First of all, in order to "one-shot" you, they must have their malice stacked (unless you decided to be squishy to also do insane damage). In order for them to actually stack malice, they need to hit you at least a couple of times. Also, there is a small margin of time where you should be able to dodge the DJ. There is an orange beam that shows for about a split second that can definitely be dodged before the bullet hits you.

Also, there are builds that hard counter deadeyes. They're squishy and have low escape capabilities compared to a Daredevil.

I find it odd that nobody ever complains about ranger (at least not that I've seen) when it can be almost, if not, as bad as Deadeye. Longbow ranger has knockback, stealth, longer range, AoE, less counterplay (no obvious mark), stronger and longer rapid fire, vulnerability stacks, and can make their arrows unblockable for a short time. Did I mention they also have a pet, don't require malice, and dont need to kneel?

or... learn to dodge. listen... with all due respect. if you are getting hit with DJ, it probably means you were originally marked by that same deadeye. the tell is obvious. and if you see it you have moments to close distance and counter as fast as you can. if you have been hit with DJ, it either means a: you moved too slow to counter, or b: you were ignoring the blatant tell-tale mark.that said.... learn to dodge a bullet. kthx

It's the stupid combination of insane mobility, never ending stealth, and high damage that makes thief over the top. I'll take mesmer and scourge OP meta over this crap any day. Oh and even if you dodge DJ a few times, they just dodge into another stealth and hit you with it again.

@Rufo.3716 said:It's the stupid combination of insane mobility, never ending stealth, and high damage that makes thief over the top. I'll take mesmer and scourge OP meta over this crap any day. Oh and even if you dodge DJ a few times, they just dodge into another stealth and hit you with it again.

Deadeye has insane mobility? Thief is by no stretch of the imagination OP once you reach higher than gold. Now you think scourge and mirage are better? I bet you think firebrands are better as well.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Bunker meta was way more fun than the last few metas

Why, was it due to the false sense of being good at PvP and people being forced into higher tiers just for participation?

Because running around till the timer hit and whoever capped a point first won wasn’t any indication of skill or fun.

• DE has 1 un-blockable attack (if they bring basilisk instead than meld, they are free kill 100%)
  • For the attack to hit hard (20k) they have to successfully hit you as a marked target (not just anyone but you while marked) with several blockable attacks
  • All attacks can be LOS with terrain, most attacks LOS with pets
  • All of the attacks are dodgeable, but choose which attacks to dodge, because you don't have unlimited dodges.
  • You have to die in PVP, bunker meta is gone.

If you don't play ranger, engi, or guardian don't expect to keep the point away from a DE indefinitely when you are alone.If you get marked in a fight, yep...keep ignoring the mark and rounds hitting you, but prepare to respawn.

People got to use to smashing their f-skills and wiping the opposite team, or forever bunker.

I am an average player, and the people on the forums and in game who I know for a fact are good (because they have always been good, not just since PoF), are not on any of these threads or in the game whining about DE. They made a slight adaptation and made them irrelevant, and I bet most even celebrate when they know they have one on the other team in a match LOL.

yeah OP, learn to play man, a long range attack from stealth that can one shoot you and is also unblockable is in no way shape or form op at all, completelly balanced...and people wonder why the game is in such shit state right now...cant wait for the next expac and see what kind of abomination of specs Anet gonna bring and see all these players defending broken stuff throwing around "just L2P bro".

@"Felipe.1807" said:yeah OP, learn to play man, a long range attack from stealth that can one shoot you and is also unblockable is in no way shape or form op at all, completelly balanced...and people wonder why the game is in such kitten state right now...cant wait for the next expac and see what kind of abomination of specs Anet gonna bring and see all these players defending broken stuff throwing around "just L2P bro".

Yeah, no.

First of all, DJ can't one shot you at the start. It requires prep that can definitely be prevented. Second of all, DJ can be dodged. There is a visible orange beam that appears before the bullet hits you. Anyone above gold should be able to dodge this comfortably unless the thief is superior or you're being outnumbered. Third, DJ is the only unblockable attack. Everything else can be blocked which prevents malice stacks. Fourth, there is an obvious tell. You must be marked, which you can see above your head, for DJ to be effective. Fifth, Deadeyes are countered by guardians or rangers (who are worse IMO) and have less mobility. Sixth, other thieves counter Deadeyes by using their mobility and evades against their lack of them.

@King Nutella.4570 said:

@"Felipe.1807" said:yeah OP, learn to play man, a long range attack from stealth that can one shoot you and is also unblockable is in no way shape or form op at all, completelly balanced...and people wonder why the game is in such kitten state right now...cant wait for the next expac and see what kind of abomination of specs Anet gonna bring and see all these players defending broken stuff throwing around "just L2P bro".

Yeah, no.

First of all, DJ can't one shot you at the start. It requires prep that can definitely be prevented. Second of all, DJ can be dodged. There is a visible orange beam that appears before the bullet hits you. Anyone above gold should be able to dodge this comfortably unless the thief is superior or you're being outnumbered. Third, DJ is the
only
unblockable attack. Everything else can be blocked which prevents malice stacks. Fourth, there is an obvious tell. You must be marked, which you can see above your head, for DJ to be effective. Fifth, Deadeyes are countered by guardians or rangers (who are worse IMO) and have less mobility. Sixth, other thieves counter Deadeyes by using their mobility and evades against their lack of them.

...okay, so all comes down to the "you can dodge" kind of thing? Wow, didnt see that one coming...how about we buff DH longbow again, i mean, would be perfectly balanced, afterall, you can dodge it! While we are at it, buff Killshot from war, and gunflame from Berzerker, by...i dont know, 150% more damage, cause you know, just dodge and zero damage, super balanced...Rev hammer could use some buff too...to hell with it, just buff everything to the point that if someone as much as it farts on the spawn it will be able to wipe the whole enemy team...

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Felipe.1807 said:yeah OP, learn to play man, a long range attack from stealth that can one shoot you and is also unblockable is in no way shape or form op at all, completelly balanced...and people wonder why the game is in such kitten state right now...cant wait for the next expac and see what kind of abomination of specs Anet gonna bring and see all these players defending broken stuff throwing around "just L2P bro".

Yeah, no.

First of all, DJ can't one shot you at the start. It requires prep that can definitely be prevented. Second of all, DJ can be dodged. There is a visible orange beam that appears before the bullet hits you. Anyone above gold should be able to dodge this comfortably unless the thief is superior or you're being outnumbered. Third, DJ is the
only
unblockable attack. Everything else can be blocked which prevents malice stacks. Fourth, there is an obvious tell. You must be marked, which you can see above your head, for DJ to be effective. Fifth, Deadeyes are countered by guardians or rangers (who are worse IMO) and have less mobility. Sixth, other thieves counter Deadeyes by using their mobility and evades against their lack of them.

...okay, so all comes down to the "you can dodge" kind of thing? Wow, didnt see that one coming...how about we buff DH longbow again, i mean, would be perfectly balanced, afterall, you can dodge it! While we are at it, buff Killshot from war, and gunflame from Berzerker, by...i dont know, 150% more damage, cause you know, just dodge and zero damage, super balanced...Rev hammer could use some buff too...to hell with it, just buff everything to the point that if someone as much as it farts on the spawn it will be able to wipe the whole enemy team...

I think it is less about "you can dodge" but more like "don't let him set up the attack" I mean even if you can't block DJ you can still block the Three Round Burst which prevent malice build up.Even if they run Mercy and Malicious Intent they will only have 3-4 malice which is not enough to oneshot you.What can they do after the initial burst failed? Auto attack you to death?If all else fails, you can dodge.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Bunker meta was way more fun than the last few metas

I see you clearly now~If you wanna press buttons and watch pretty things happen with no life drops, there's an indestructible target golem in the lobby.

@ZeteCommander.4937 said:dodge can be stealth for more than 3 seconds,It's the most disgusting design I've ever seen

Aren't you a mesmer main?

Archived