[Idea] Week Event: No Builds

Menzo.2185

How about we play WvW for a week like PvP?

You enter, pick an amulet, rune and sigils from an existing selection and have fun. Is not good?You go back to respawn/base, choose another combination you prefer or want to try, and return to the fight.

This would solve, for a week, a huge gap that exists in the game between advanced players and new ones. Beside, this could attract more PvP and casual PvE players to WvW. Don't?

*Sorry my bad english

sigh Amulets are for PvP... even there ugh.... my vote on this is no no no no no... what you would get is a huge drop (I bet) in the regular WvW'ers playing that week.

Also, it wouldn't solve any gap. The new players still need to learn to play, they still don't have WxP so no mastery (or very little) in the rank skills etc etc.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:sigh Amulets are for PvP... even there ugh.... my vote on this is no no no no no... what you would get is a huge drop (I bet) in the regular WvW'ers playing that week.

Also, it wouldn't solve any gap. The new players still need to learn to play, they still don't have WxP so no mastery (or very little) in the rank skills etc etc.

It would not solve, but it would be helpful. And... ONE WEEK only.

Honestly if anything PVE players have more of an advantage with the current WVW system since all the ways to make gold in game is through PVE, so they would have the gold to be able to try different builds, and also the dungeon currency. You cannot bring gold cost to this argument, because the average PVE player probably has a lot more gold than the average WVW player.

I'd probably quit playing WvW altogether if they implemented the same system as spvp, it's way too limited. Best part of WvW besides large fights is the huge variety of builds and gear you can make. I've never run a full set of one stat in years now.

It's necessary for spvp because of bunker builds being OP not dying while defending points and to make it more fair. In WvW it's not needed at all.

@LaGranse.8652 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:the only thing id like to see are some stat combos that are available to spvp but not to wvw/pve like the demolishers amulet for example

You can mix different stat gear to simulate demolisher stats, that's one of the great things about WvW. I personaly have 4 different kinds of stat combinations on my ele.

you can, yes but you will most likely lose statpoints because 4stat gear has more statpoints added together than 3 stat armor

@RedShark.9548 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:the only thing id like to see are some stat combos that are available to spvp but not to wvw/pve like the demolishers amulet for example

You can mix different stat gear to simulate demolisher stats, that's one of the great things about WvW. I personaly have 4 different kinds of stat combinations on my ele.

you can, yes but you will most likely lose statpoints because 4stat gear has more statpoints added together than 3 stat armor

I guess that is part of the point though: you also get the option to tweak it slightly to reach thresholds in different areas.

But, yeah, having some availability of some of the stats might be good.

I figure some of them (and I do not know demolisher) have been held out of PvE and WvW because of scaling issues, but I'd be lying if I tried to say I knew.

@RedShark.9548 said:

That is true. A full set of 4 stat ascended armor gives 3612 points of stats in total while a full set of 3 stat ascended armor gives 3303 points of stats in total, in short you would lose 309 stat points.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I guess that is part of the point though: you also get the option to tweak it slightly to reach thresholds in different areas.

I figure some of them (and I do not know demolisher) have been held out of PvE and WvW because of scaling issues, but I'd be lying if I tried to say I knew.

well demolisher would be exactly like marauder, just vita swapped out for toughness, which shouldnt affect gameplay much, toughness for me as warrior is just more beneficial than even more vitality

@RedShark.9548 said:

well demolisher would be exactly like marauder, just vita swapped out for toughness, which shouldnt affect gameplay much, toughness for me as warrior is just more beneficial than even more vitality

I can see that. Toughness on zerker though....,

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I can see that. Toughness on zerker though....,

toughness on zerker? whats the problem with that?

I find the stats are way too restrictive in PvP and I would absolutely hate seeing the amulet system be implemented. WvW allows for a wide variety of builds since you can tweak stats to get exactly what you want by swapping gear in/out, unlike in PvP where all stats (for gear) are determined by a single amulet. If anything, I'd rather see PvP remove the amulets and go back to using armor+trinkets for stats. Perhaps then we would see different builds for once, and dare I say the PvP scene wouldn't look so bad.

Archived