Are balance patches the most "exciting" thing to look forward to?

Are balance patches every 3+ months the most exciting thing to look forward to? No one knows if there's another expansion and for what year IF there's one. We have no eta on alliances, it could be ready by 2025. LS offers 30-45 minutes of story per six months, for the rest of its content, its all gem store related. In other words, LS sole purpose is to introduce new Gem store items into the game. Festivals offer nothing (just look at the current one). So just like LS, it offers very little gameplay, but introduces new Gem store items.

Is this exciting for MMO standards? Aren't developers supposed to add content, rework old content to keep its playerbase busy?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not so much about being excited constantly. It's more like a burst of interest every 2-3 months. Not every release interests the same ppl of course. Raiders, PvPers and the like are usually more interested about the balance patches. What are the new builds? Is something new viable? Has something fallen out of the rooster? Things like this. Other ppl couldn't care less about the balancing and want to enjoy the new story and the new map. Those ppl also tend to get more out of said content as 45min by redoing the story with different chars, doing map completion on multiple alts or going for achievements.

To each their own. And in the end, this is GW if something doesn't appeal to you, there's a way of getting around. And if you don't like playing at all, check out for a month then come back, GW2 let's you do that and many players appreciate it.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I look forward to each of the new releases. Apparently the OP has a more narrow set of preferences for content, so I would imagine that yeah, for them, balance patches are all that will be interesting for a long time to come.

Then those who are looking for more meaningful pve content and pvp related content are boned. For a long time to come indeed.

No, no they arent. Because it is a > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

Word on the street is that alliances will be here by the end of the year. But I have not seen any hard evidence to back that up.

"Word on the street"...? I dont think i have read any dev comment on a specific or even vague date

@Voltekka.2375 said:No, no they arent. Because it is a > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

Word on the street is that alliances will be here by the end of the year. But I have not seen any hard evidence to back that up.

"Word on the street"...? I dont think i have read any dev comment on a specific or even vague date

Hence why I said I haven't seen any hard evidence to back it up. I have heard from streamers and other people in WVW that they want to get it up and running before 2019. There are certainly people that get insider information about things, like when the new elite specs got leaked last year, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I look forward to each of the new releases. Apparently the OP has a more narrow set of preferences for content, so I would imagine that yeah, for them, balance patches are all that will be interesting for a long time to come.

Agreed. I've enjoyed the festival very much, with tons of fun things to do. In fact since hot, I've only truly hated 2 pieces of content drop ls3,6 and ls4,3 on personal pref.

We are pretty spoiled with a lot of decent content in pve in this mmo, esp vs others which often put out a lot less, less often.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Agreed. I've enjoyed the festival very much, with tons of fun things to do. In fact since hot, I've only truly hated 2 pieces of content drop ls3,6 and ls4,3 on personal pref.

We are pretty spoiled with a lot of decent content in pve in this mmo, esp vs others which often put out a lot less, less often.

Yet, according to the OP, Guild Wars 2 is the most dull, boring game ever.

It makes me wonder with which criteria they are measuring by. Sadly, they've yet to explain it.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

It makes me wonder with which criteria they are measuring by. Sadly, they've yet to explain it.

Guild Wars 1.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:Are balance patches every 3+ months the most exciting thing to look forward to?

Im pretty sure we get balance patches more often than that.

No one knows if there's another expansion and for what year IF there's one.

We dont have any announcement that there wont be an expansion so the chance of having one is pretty high also the devs look comfortable with adding an expansion every 2 years aprox.

We have no eta on alliances, it could be ready by 2025. LS offers 30-45 minutes of story per six months,

Im pretty sure its every 2-3 months (and im as mad as thee next guy that they had delays for the last 2 with the latest one going for almost and extra month but thats 4 months of w8, not 6.

for the rest of its content, its all gem store related. In other words, LS sole purpose is to introduce new Gem store items into the game.

Was jsut running around doing collections and lvling up my beetle. I didnt have to pay money tho u sure your client isnt bugged or something?

Festivals offer nothing (just look at the current one). So just like LS, it offers very little gameplay, but introduces new Gem store items.

Im possitive the festival has content (albeit not as exciting for me because i was expecting the gauntlet to be harder) but theres ppl will collection stuff to do yet which is a bonus

Is this exciting for MMO standards? Aren't developers supposed to add content, rework old content to keep its playerbase busy?

They do add content (slowly... very, very slowly...) Old content gets updated less often, ppl would rather to have new content instead. Its subjective really, i might not like the content anet focuses most on or the way its done but i cant say they dont release content.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

Guild Wars 1.

Been playing, having a blast so far (kinda sad that anet did a180 insted of a 90 degrees turn while making gw2)

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

That's up to them. The rest of us can enjoy the fun gameplay in GW2 and be happy. This isn't going to be gw1 - after 6 years there is a tiny section that wont ever accept that and there isn't really anything that can be done to help them. At the end of the day, I find this game vastly superior to its more limited predecessor and I'm happy with it for the most part.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

Guild Wars 1.

What about Guild Wars 1 are you measuring by? What is it that you preferred?

Six years in, Guild Wars 1 was, for me; repetitive, dull, and remarkably easy on 'hard mode.' Comparatively, Guild Wars 2 is still challenging, and the combat refreshing.

It's interesting how opinions work.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

Guild Wars 1.

Six years in, Guild Wars 1 was, for me; repetitive, dull, and remarkably easy on 'hard mode.' Comparatively, Guild Wars 2 is still challenging, and the combat refreshing.

How exactly is gw2 combat system refreshing after six years? If you said that in 2012, i'd agree, but not in 2018. Finding gw1 on HM easy but gw2 challenging must be some kind of a joke lol.

I have nearly 9000 hours since launch and still thoroughly enjoy it for many reasons wherher it's the combat, the exploring, the ambience, the challenge, the social aspects, the cooperative aspects and so forth. Enjoying gw2 is not a problem. Being happy in the game is not a problem.

Why the need exists to insult people because they enjoy the game is baffling.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

Guild Wars 1.

Yeah they can be wrong too. Esp on the hard mode being easy than gw2 in any form.

Archived