Griffon run speed.

Aya.7503

I was very happy to learn there was a griffon mount and I couldn't wait to get it. I was very sad when I learned that the mounts normal running speed was really slow compared to the other mounts. For the 250g price and the work needed to get the mount I feel that it should have the same running speed as the other mounts, and by making it run slower it's kinda disappointing and I feel cheated in a way. Does anyone else feel the same?

The Griffon is the most powerful mode of travel, excluding way points, when flying with max masteries... it's actually insane.

I think the Griffon is well designed because it's slower than the other mounts on the ground. I think it's impressive that even with all 5 mounts, all of them still see use; that slower movement speed on the ground is part of it.

I wouldn't want them to increase griffon's speed. The other mounts should retain some viability and shouldn't be instantly negated just because you can afford the most expensive mount in the game. Unlike other mounts griffon can glide, it has it's own niche of expertise and lets keep it like that to keep all mounts relevant.

Besides, if they make four mounts "almost" obsolete for travel they will never be able to implement skins for them in gem store (if they are planning it), or no one would want to waste money on any mounts that will be replaced by a single one later down the line. I mean, even with griffon, gliders still have a use given they can use updrafts and ley-lines on maps that feature those.

Although given how they retained all that magical aura feel throughout LW3, I miss these features in PoF (but I think of LW3 as prequel to PoF given story rather than conclusion of HoT, thus retaining those feature would make sense and could be explained by Balthazaar's appearance, but meh, that's totally different cup of tea so sorry to bring that up).

@Sublimatio.6981 said:imo they should at least increase it to the speed of the skimmer/springer on ground.

Given it can already fly over most obstacles that used to be gated by a skimmer, i don't see it as a good idea either. There is almost no place on any map that cannot be reached with griffon (vertically), given enough altitude. Skipper at least you may argue will always have viability as you still need it in order to use griffon in some places (to get to a spot of enough altitude), but Skimmer's speed is the only value it has over the griffon.

Archived