Request classic server (pre HOT)

No elite specs, just core specs with the patch before HoT, specifically in 2015.

Why?

1.) You want money? You can charge people for it and there will be demand. They won't even complain even if it was $60 to access a Vanilla sPvP server with no broken Elite Specs.2.) People will "maybe" respect for your game again. Okay, launch wasn't THAT balanced either, but at least the game had a reasonable learning curve. Not like right now where everything is legit just broken and anti-fun. Even better if you can make it the patch BEFORE HoT. People will pay for that probably.3.) Maybe your game can go e-sports again and maybe this time ESL will actually take it back4.) There is still build variety, there won't be elite specs obviously but at least there won't be broken crap such as the recent mirage and etc.5.) This wouldn't even be considered a scam, this would be a win-win. The game was LEGIT more enjoyable back in 2015.

There's like plenty of reasons why you should make an "expansion" like this if possible, you'll get the old players back. Assuming that they made a June/July 2015 server for example? You'll be able to see Engi "NEEDING" to land 1200 range grenades, you'll be able to see Warrior having to be able to land high casting times, and many other plays that you don't see anymore nowadays.

This game is a joke right now, but if can make a Vanilla GW2 server/expansion, you may get the respect that GW2 deserves. ANET, it would be too stupid to not consider this idea. It's your move, keep GW2 garbage or restore it to it's former glory.

Call it living in the past, but sometimes "new" doesn't mean "better"

Will be a fun gimmick for a week or two, then people realize there is nothing to do and all the work put into it was wasted for nothing but nostalgia for a few hundred people after an initial spike of interest from those who never experienced it

The game is better than it's ever been, so you calling it garbage is just making me sigh at this point. Don't play it?

The balancing team would have an easy time balancing if there weren't any broken elite specs tbh.

And yeah, the balance team has ALWAYS been straying away from the real problem since Day 1, but if they bring back pre-HoT GW2, it would be such a win-win for them because they made their jobs easier and they got money for it.

It would be too stupid to not do this. Nobody wants to play a broken game.

P.S The patch before HoT was 2 bunkers (Two d/d ele) 3 DPS (Engi/Thief/Necro/Warrior) or 2 DPS 1 roaming support aka bunker guard. It wasn't THAT glassy, you actually had time to react to most things before HoT. See

for reference

You can keep your elite specs, I'm just saying there is demand for an expansion that only allows Core Specs and logic/patch in sPVP (Maybe even WvW but who knows, maybe elite specs are better for WvW) from before HoT

• 2 months later...

ANET, you want to make money? You want your reputation back? It's time. Do it, price it at $60 and I'm sure people will play it.

ANYTHING is better than this entitled garbage Mirage meta or w/e you wanna call it.

P.S NOBODY is saying delete elite specs, you can keep that. I just think ANET should make a Classic GW2 server when every game is absolute garbage (THIS is ANET's chance to redeem themselves, anything is better than this bad meta)

what? pay to play core GW2 only? lol are you guys serious? I know that balance is bad on the game, and elite specs pushed this to a extreme, but there will allways be unbalance, in truth, i dont think that there are any pvp games that dont suck on this...like League of Legends for example, which so many people used to talk here like it was some kind of pinnacle of the pvp games, "oh go for a actual pvp game like LoL, they have regular patches and everything!" no the game fucking sucks, its brainded and some champions completelly delete others when competing for the same roll, every new champion or rework is a abomination overloaded with skills that do damage, mobility and cc...atleast on GW2 you can allways overcome the dumb balance with your game knowladge and skill.Also, do this and people will continue to complain, will be the same thing with a diferent name, Hambow, Shoutbow, Cele Ele/Engi, Turret Engi, etc.

Archived