PVE Power Firebrand Build

Aorin.9168

Hi All,

I’ve put together what I find to be an extremely flexible, fun, and sturdy Power Firebrand build, centered around boon uptime for Might, Retaliation and Quickness. I’d like to share it with you all in the hopes others might enjoy it as well, but I’m also curious what others may think of it, or any tweaks/suggestions you may have.

This link shows a mace slotted, but I frequently sub in Sword for easier content that I don’t need the additional tankiness that Mace provides.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApdRnsADFChNCDGBDEEhl4BzaDkviUVBgGQ9a/lWT3pA-jRDBQBA4QAgGlgKU9H8pD4jKVqwRA4cmVuwDAgf7PcRlV5RTQAOBAtQLAA-e

Lot of group utility in the build in the form of frequent quickness and aegis sharing, not to mention the F2 and F3 skills that provide stability, condi cleanse and regen.

I use a similar build, although I use Mystic Rebuke for porcupine AOE fun, but Symbolic Avenger is def better for single targets..

I've found that Weighty Terms actually gives more quickness uptime then Stalwart Speed, since that lets both Potence and Solace cast more often. Wrathful Spirit is also major helpful for retal uptime, you basically don't have to deliberately manage retal at all you just always have it. You have more boon duration then I do though, so maybe you don't need it.

I've used this build with GS, Sword, Mace, and Scepter, depending on needs at the time, and it can basically carry a group through any kind of situation except for raids and high tier fracs, and can solo almost any champion NPC I've ever met. It's a top notch all-purpose PVE build for sure.

Stalwart Speed makes the F3 skills 1, 2 and 5 grant quickness, as well as the Mantra Heal. I can basically rotate through the shout, mantras, F3 and F1 skills and end up with 30ish seconds of quickness. The mantra’s recharge fairly quickly so I can keep it going pretty well. The shout cooldown comes around before it falls off so in long fights I end up with near perma quickness.

My main sources of retaliation are combos in light fields and light aura from activating F1 frequently. I also sometimes sub in Save Yourselves in place of Mantra of Lore, which gives me 15ish seconds of retaliation. I’ll try Wrathful Spirit though, that might be worth more than 7% flat damage if it gives me more Retaliation uptime.

@Rhyse.8179

I've found that Weighty Terms actually gives more quickness uptime then Stalwart Speed, since that lets both Potence and Solace cast more often.You have more boon duration then I do though, so maybe you don't need it.

I don't think this is true. I do think weighty terms is better in a lot of scenarios, but still your reasoning is plain false I especially for low boon durations. Too lazy to recalculate it tho.

@Aorin.9168 said:Stalwart Speed makes the F3 skills 1, 2 and 5 grant quickness, as well as the Mantra Heal. I can basically rotate through the shout, mantras, F3 and F1 skills and end up with 30ish seconds of quickness. The mantra’s recharge fairly quickly so I can keep it going pretty well. The shout cooldown comes around before it falls off so in long fights I end up with near perma quickness.

How do you get 30 seconds? Let's round up from the builds and go 3s stalwart, 3s liberator, 3s haste, 3s haste, 5s haste (on CD), 11s FMW. I mean all those traits you mentioned have an ICD. You don't have perma quickness on group during long fights. Only on yourself if you burn tomes.

@Aorin.9168 said:I said 30ish and you just listed 28s worth so off the cuff, about accurate.

Because I'm rounding up durations and counting more stacks than quickness stacking allows (5), yet still you can't get to 30s. So if i'm being very generous regarding your quickness stacking and I assume you burn your entire quickness mantra forcing you to recharge it... then you still don't get to 30s.

You can basically rotate through all your stuff and... you will NEVER end up wish 30 ish seconds of quickness on you coming just from yourself.

I’m not calculating it the same way, burning it all and then looking at the time of the buff. I’m calculating by real world time from cycling through all the skills and how long, consecutively, I can keep the buff up before I run out or get low on skills to keep it going.

Archived