Griefing prevention - Please need a number next to icon

I like to have a number next to the profession icon that show on the mini map in a pvp match, especially when there are 2 of the same profession, to avoid griefer/griefing, please and thank you.

Several times now, players are accusing people for being afk when it is them who was afk because the icon was the same.

Guys went afk in the holding, when they finally return to play, they said someone else with the same profession/icon was afk-ing, thus all hell broke loose and then blah, lost match when it was going well. .. just ... please. thank you.

It's not really just the griefing, sometimes it does make it hard to know who is who. Even without stacking elites, you can have a Druid and a Soulbeast which are both entirely different in gameplay, and never know who is who until you're right in their face, because not even elite specs are allowed.

At this point i'd rather see maybe the player's portrait, something like a round masked version of the party UI portrait. MOBAs usually show a portrait instead of a icon, and it would definitely make the map more readable.Also, maybe coming up with the chat messages for pings would be great as well!!

I also don't see it as a griefing thing. I see it has a better map awareness. i've had issues where I need to make a snap decision, but find myself mousing over to see if the guy i'm running to help is our DPS guardian or the support guardian

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Also, maybe coming up with the chat messages for pings would be great as well!!pings are contextual. if someone is pinging an empty node that means probably the point is in danger of being decapped. this seems like a good idea. but seems like it would be awkward in practice.

@James.9071 said:I also don't see it as a griefing thing. I see it has a better map awareness. i've had issues where I need to make a snap decision, but find myself mousing over to see if the guy i'm running to help is our DPS guardian or the support guardian

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Also, maybe coming up with the chat messages for pings would be great as well!!pings are contextual. if someone is pinging an empty node that means probably the point is in danger of being decapped. this seems like a good idea. but seems like it would be awkward in practice.

Have you ever played any other game that isn't GW2?The only awkward thing are GW2's pings, even with the updated ones.That same ping on an empty node can also mean that someone is going there from your team (but you don't know who).

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@James.9071 said:I also don't see it as a griefing thing. I see it has a better map awareness. i've had issues where I need to make a snap decision, but find myself mousing over to see if the guy i'm running to help is our DPS guardian or the support guardian

Have you ever played any other game that isn't GW2?The only awkward thing are GW2's pings, even with the updated ones.That same ping on an empty node can also mean that someone is going there from your team (but you don't know who).

You realize you can ping icons right?

@Faux Play.6104 said:

You realize you can ping icons right?

You realize that even with the new changes it's still ambiguous, and you still DON'T KNOW WHO PINGED IT!!Seriously, go play a couple actual pvp competitive games, look at how they handle things, then comment back.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:It's not really just the griefing, sometimes it does make it hard to know who is who. Even without stacking elites, you can have a Druid and a Soulbeast which are both entirely different in gameplay, and never know who is who until you're right in their face, because not even elite specs are allowed.

At this point i'd rather see maybe the player's portrait, something like a round masked version of the party UI portrait. MOBAs usually show a portrait instead of a icon, and it would definitely make the map more readable.Also, maybe coming up with the chat messages for pings would be great as well!!

An icon of their character's face is not a good solution because of standard models. I think instead we should have icons of elite specializations, and if there are more than 2 equal specs, then a different colour for each respective player would be nice. But this is a valid suggestion that I hope Anet will address (not because of the griefing, I don't think it has anything to do with that) but because of general quality of life improvements.

@buzzle.9347 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:It's not really just the griefing, sometimes it does make it hard to know who is who. Even without stacking elites, you can have a Druid and a Soulbeast which are both entirely different in gameplay, and never know who is who until you're right in their face, because not even elite specs are allowed.

An icon of their character's face is not a good solution because of standard models. I think instead we should have icons of elite specializations, and if there are more than 2 equal specs, then a different colour for each respective player would be nice. But this is a valid suggestion that I hope Anet will address (not because of the griefing, I don't think it has anything to do with that) but because of general quality of life improvements.

They can apply the character face to the party interface and the icon before rendering the standard models. It's more unique, and as easy to understand for map readability.

Archived