Chat In Ranked sPvP

TheGrimm.5624

Uhhh do you mean turning off chat between teams or players?

Players on the same team should always be able to communicate. An argument can be made to keep from conversing with the enemy team.

I'd be more or less fine if you couldn't say anything to the enemy team or vice versa.

I think a "PVP RANKED" only chat should replace everything other chat when enter a RANKED match, return to normal when out of match.

IE: nothing else, keep ranked chat in ranked chat. Just pvp chat, that you can't turn off. even chat from players you have blocked ( since Anet keep matching them up after you already blocked all those afk and trolls) especially need to remove whisper and guild chat in a match, because some people just goes on talking even when they are suppose to be concentrating on the match. cos i see my guild chat, some ppl just talk non stop in guild even when they pvp.

@"SweetPotato.7456" said:I think a "PVP RANKED" only chat should replace everything other chat when enter a RANKED match, return to normal when out of match.

IE: nothing else, keep ranked chat in ranked chat. Just pvp chat, that you can't turn off. even chat from players you have blocked ( since Anet keep matching them up after you already blocked all those afk and trolls) especially need to remove whisper and guild chat in a match, because some people just goes on talking even when they are suppose to be concentrating on the match. cos i see my guild chat, some ppl just talk non stop in guild even when they pvp.

You can set a chat panel where you can only see team chat for this. You would just switch to that chat while playing and then switch back when not doing PvP.

Chat is important imho. The thing I would change is if I block someone in chat for being "a nice person to my mother" I shouldn't be seeing their aggressive pinging on the server.Also chat can be hidden if someone doesn't want it

while It is a avenue for trash talk and salt. but i've made few friends via cross team communication. (IE: Nice use of {insert skill or strat here}. and we end up teaming up after the match].

team chat is very important, "2 inc(incoming) home, some decap far" or "their guardian is squishy, burst them first"I like trying to work with my team, make call outs, and just generally communicate before and during a match. so the idea of turning off your chat is handicapping yourself.

@"SweetPotato.7456" said:I think a "PVP RANKED" only chat should replace everything other chat when enter a RANKED match, return to normal when out of match.

yes, some people can be rather talkative(I used to be). I feel like talking unnecessarily during a match(guild chat/whispers) is something better players don't do. how often do you see your guildie in plat having long conversations in guild chat during a PvP match? further the say chat trash talk can be dismissed similarly, when people trash talk, they are leaving themselves open while they type, or already dead.

and things like whispers and party chat(for duos) is also nice to have. in one circumstance I was playing duo with a friend and were discussing our teams strengths and weaknesses without being rude(IE our necro fought off point for 2/3s of the match last game I had with them)

Archived