Necromancer Down State Nerf Incoming

nekretaal.6485

There's a video of a necromancer taking down the new Queens Gauntlet Endboss, Turai Ossi, down from 60% to zero with only the downed state. On Reddit, the video has attracted attention from Anet and its safe to say we'll get a nerf.

This is a shame. Even in that video, the necromancer was able to disable Ossi's sword and his shield before getting downed, meaning Ossi is supposed to be gimpy, and the necromancer died in a spot where Ossi's leap attack jumps over the downed Necromancer, missing it.

So the class will get a knee jerk nerf. I bet nothing will be done to compensate either.

Scourges are already a liability in pvp, and core / Reaper always were. The class was always a gimmick or nonexistent in raids. There needs to be a rework of core abilities, starting with the weapons, and how the weapons don't scale much additional damage with additional stats (not just armor, but might, team buffs, and buffs like Svanir/Coliseum affect the necromancer less than they do other professions). Do this, and the downed state can get nerfed.

@"nekretaal.6485" said:There's a video of a necromancer taking down the new Queens Gauntlet Endboss, Turai Ossi, down from 60% to zero with only the downed state. On Reddit, the video has attracted attention from Anet and its safe to say we'll get a nerf.

This is a shame. Even in that video, the necromancer was able to disable Ossi's sword and his shield before getting downed, meaning Ossi is supposed to be gimpy, and the necromancer died in a spot where Ossi's leap attack jumps over the downed Necromancer, missing it.

So the class will get a knee jerk nerf. I bet nothing will be done to compensate either.

Scourges are already a liability in pvp, and core / Reaper always were. The class was always a gimmick or nonexistent in raids. There needs to be a rework of core abilities, starting with the weapons, and how the weapons don't scale much additional damage with additional stats (not just armor, but might, team buffs, and buffs like Svanir/Coliseum affect the necromancer less than they do other professions). Do this, and the downed state can get nerfed.

LOL funny enough i almost killed him a few times like that myself the first few times i fought him.But your idea has nothing to do with necro itself. The down state for necro is fine as is considering the shamble that the rest of the professions kit is in.

The (Spectral Aid mastery) Makes necro down state strong and i don't see anything wrong with that. Thematically it fits perfectly for necromancer considering they are the only profession in the game that ever bothers with spectral magic in the first place.

Ideally down state wouldn't need to be nerfed spectral aid mastery's passive would need to be nerfed which would hurt all professions game wide. So lets watch the community as whole take itself down one more time "because necromancer" got up off the floor in pve when you didnt as another profession.

Beat Turrai Ossa with two dodges and no active blocks/evades/immunes on a light armor class, then we can talk about whether Necro downstate is too strong.Necros are gonna -be- down. They cant kite. Vs. an enemy that requires you to kite, it's a bit much to watch them struggle just enough to expose the enemy and win through downstate, then think the downstate does too much damage.

If anything that's an effective strategy for specifically Ossa when fighting as Necro.

@nekretaal.6485 said:Scourges are already a liability in pvp, and core / Reaper always were.

This is incorrect though. Just calling that. Scourges right now are deadly vs any melee class, and Core had minionmancer. Reaper was amazing at launch, became garbage, and now is ok.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Beat Turrai Ossa with two dodges and no active blocks/evades/immunes on a light armor class, then we can talk about whether Necro downstate is too strong.Necros are gonna -be- down. They cant kite. Vs. an enemy that requires you to kite, it's a bit much to watch them struggle just enough to expose the enemy and win through downstate, then think the downstate does too much damage.

If anything that's an effective strategy for specifically Ossa when fighting as Necro.

@"nekretaal.6485" said:Scourges are already a liability in pvp, and core / Reaper always were.

This is incorrect though. Just calling that. Scourges right now are deadly vs any melee class, and Core had minionmancer. Reaper was amazing at launch, became garbage, and now is ok.

There's a video with a Reaper that killed him without ever getting hit. Of course you can kite on necro, is just harder.

@"Warscythes.9307" said:

There's a video with a Reaper that killed him without ever getting hit. Of course you can kite on necro, is just harder.

i can assure you it took him dozens of attempts to learn the movements and rotations to the point he could do this without getting hit so im sorry but just because you found a video of some one who made a video on them doing it without a scratch i doubt it his first attempt.

Ideally as pve only thing the whole situation is not a problem to start with

But if anet insist on changing the something to make it more in line then it should be the newest thing that caused down state to be so strong on necro to start with which is the spectral aid mastery passive.

As a result a nerf to it will hurt all professions across the game and I would be fine with that. I would like to see the over reacting community hurt itself for once across the board under something that happened under one unlikely case example.

However what should not happen is a nerf to the necromancer directly when the down state skills have not changed in almost 4 years. If in 4 years the down state skills were not a problem and nothing has changed on them to make them a problem then guess what they cant be the problem...

Ideally if anet makes the wrong choice here im going to be very disappointed with them in there ability to thick reasonably and it will show if necro has any hope in the future at all.

Necro down state wont benefit your damage, does not break any real area of the game, and it does what is implied "fight to survive."

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@"Warscythes.9307" said:

i can assure you it took him dozens of attempts to learn the movements and rotations to the point he could do this without getting hit so im sorry but just because you found a video of some one who made a video on them doing it without a scratch i doubt it his first attempt.

Ideally as pve only thing the whole situation is not a problem to start with

But if anet insist on changing the something to make it more in line then it should be the newest thing that caused down state to be so strong on necro to start with which is the
spectral aid mastery
passive.

As a result a nerf to it will hurt all professions across the game and I would be fine with that. I would like to see the over reacting community hurt itself for once across the board under something that happened under one unlikely case example.

However what should not happen is a nerf to the necromancer directly when the down state skills have not changed in almost 4 years. If in 4 years the down state skills were not a problem and nothing has changed on them to make them a problem then guess what they cant be the problem...

Ideally if anet makes the wrong choice here im going to be very disappointed with them in there ability to thick reasonably and it will show if necro has any hope in the future at all.

Necro down state wont benefit your damage, does not break any real area of the game, and it does what is implied "fight to survive."

The point of that video is to show that is not impossible to kite on a necro as the previous person states because that's just vastly exaggerated. As a personal ancedote I beat him with about 5 tries and first 2 was trying to figure out what the mechanic is. Yes is definitely harder on a necro than a chrono but is not hard enough which requires this amount of whining.

If you can find the original post, the dev considered just going straight to defeated than downed.

@nekretaal.6485 said:There's a video of a necromancer taking down the new Queens Gauntlet Endboss, Turai Ossi, down from 60% to zero with only the downed state. On Reddit, the video has attracted attention from Anet and its safe to say we'll get a nerf.

That's a nonsensical assertion to be fair and it's also in a backhanded insult sort of way recognizing the strength that people tend to ignore for the Necro ... the effects they have for down state and rezzing. That's their 'special thing' that everyone claims a class needs to be desirable in this game ... and that's what it is for Necro.

@nekretaal.6485 said:There's a video of a necromancer taking down the new Queens Gauntlet Endboss, Turai Ossi, down from 60% to zero with only the downed state. On Reddit, the video has attracted attention from Anet and its safe to say we'll get a nerf.

They will probably just disable the masteries inside the arenas. I think they should've done that from the get-go.

Funny how, infinite dodge mesmers don't bring anet attention, everything is fine, insane DPS and passive regeneration on warriors, no attention from anet, everything fine, perma stealth, infite dodges on thief, no attention from anet, everything is fine, just shows how much anet hates necro, if there is anything he can do, anet act surprised and tells communty it should not work like that, just delete necro already anet...

I think OP information is not accurate. The boss you mention, once you remove the defense buff is very weak I dont know how much hp it has but I think just about 30-40k. I dont see it is a good example to demostrate that the downstate of the necro is "too powerful".

Btw, beating king with a scourge is very easy, the only caveat is the bugged portal that can fail to activate.

Archived