Hi, Returning Player Here...

Red Raven.7824

It's pretty much the same. Same maps, still conquest, seasons, pve rewards, etc. As far as balance goes, it's still not great. Warriors and guardians are still fine though. The only profession that's significantly weak is ele ATM, and mesmer is still a little over tuned. The damage is through the roof and all of the defensive amulets were removed, as well as a bunch of runes and sigils.

Sorry if that's not really helpful. It's not much of a change overall, though. You can still just grab a build off of metabattle and mess around until you get used to it again.

In my opinion, balance-wise the game feels generally ok. As kako stated, mesmer is a little overtuned and ele is a little weak but it is manageable. Powercreep has gone through the roof though. Every build feels cancer and that kinda takes some of the fun away from the game to me because it feels too spammy. That kinda forces every class to play one or two specific builds if they want to go top tier, so build diversity is kinda low right now. But that is a matter of preference.

Rewards wise, it is definetly much better. Pip tracks are now a thing in rankeds and they provide decent rewards for ascended items and gold. Regular reward tracks also work in paralel for any kind of queue. There are also Automated Tournaments which happen every ~5 hours, that can provide up to 25g reward for just a few matches, but that requires a 5 man team.

Ranked queue is still solo/duo up until 1600 rating. Once you're past that, the system forces you into only solo queueing. Imo that is a good thing, as having two experienced players who can communicate can be a hugh advantage on high tiers, but that is a controversial topic. Unranked is still unrestricted as for how many people can queue together.

Conquest is still the only real game mode and Stronghold isn't really played much or given any attention. There is no ranked queue for Stronghold anymore.

Specifically speaking, Guardian has two main builds right now which are Firebrand support and Core glass cannon, with either greatsword or hammer. Of course, there are some variations around and people who make offmeta builds but those two are definetly the main ones around. Both are good, with firebrand being usually the one to go for if you're tryharding. Warriors are mostly spellbreakers now, playing side node contender role, trying to force 1v1s or stalling 1vXs. It doesn't do too well on team fights because it can be easily kited due to being full melee. Some still make core warrior work, it can be just as good but requires a lot more skill imo. Dragonhunter and Berserker are hardly seen.

That is my personal opinion. I hope i helped and welcome back.

Archived