Suggestion: Rope tool

Yesterday, playing with friends in the new map areas I started thinking "hey, wouldn't it be cool if we could help each other up by a rope?"What I mean is that with a rope tool you could help people climbing up to higher positions, kind of like a portal but with some limitations...Let's say that it would be a unlimited use tool that disappears from the map once you start moving.I know, some people will say that we have portals that you could also buy so why having a rope, but think about it! It could be cheaper, and everybody would be able to help other players up when they can't make it with jumps.It might be a silly idea, but I like it :DWhat do you think about it?

The portals work fine imho. Yes a rope would be neat and would be an immersive way to solve the same problem mesmer/necro portals solve already, but I'd rather have them work on something else. Also screen clutter, also trolls spamming ropes everywhere causing performance issues.

Interesting idea, especially as a consumable. They'd have to be banned from JPs just like mounts of course, else a portion of the player-base would complain. Still, it could be a neat thing to use for map exploration, although for that one might as well use the springer mount.

Archived