I can't really decide between 2 classes

So , after finishing my WvW/PvP Necro , done with gears and etc , I wanted to find a new class to start mostly for PvE things like Raids and Fractals ... I found two classes that I loved the moment I saw them , Ranger and Revenant ... I can say that I like Revenant a bit more but I've heard he is not that viable while Ranger/Druid is quite viable , but I heard his healings got nerfed ... Based clearly on your own opinion guys , what class do you think I should start ?

@GrManosXD.3807 said:So , after finishing my WvW/PvP Necro , done with gears and etc , I wanted to find a new class to start mostly for PvE things like Raids and Fractals ... I found two classes that I loved the moment I saw them , Ranger and Revenant ... I can say that I like Revenant a bit more but I've heard he is not that viable while Ranger/Druid is quite viable , but I heard his healings got nerfed ... Based clearly on your own opinion guys , what class do you think I should start ?

After the recent patches, Revenant is quite nice.Druid is also great and will always be essential in Raids and Fractals.If you want to play DPS, then go for Revenant, it's the top dps on large targets and usually higher dps than Soulbeast.If you want to play something more safe that will be always needed in Raids and Fractals then play Druid.

@GrManosXD.3807 said:Based clearly on your own opinion guys , what class do you think I should start ?

If you've never played any of the more complex professions like revenant, guardian, elementalist and engineer, play ranger. It's a great profession for both DPS and support, the support specialization Druid being essential in fractals and raids.

Revenant wasn't doing too good until the recent balance patches. They've made revenant a viable DPS profession especially when it comes to fighting bosses with huge hitboxes.

Depends what you prefer. If you want to play support then go for a Druid as he is the defacto healer for raids mostly cause of the support that he adds on top of the heals. There is also a good healer Herald build but even though it does good healing the less support (compared to a druid) means people will not usually pick it expect for specific niche cases (like Deimos hand-kiting).

If you like DPS both classes have good power DPS builds on the soulbeast and the herald. Power soulbeast is better currently but a bit more tough to play since is has less cc and less cleave and full melee. Power Herald is a worse build but it is still viable and much easier to pick up. Both also have equally good condition builds with condi renegade being slightly better.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@GrManosXD.3807 said:So , after finishing my WvW/PvP Necro , done with gears and etc , I wanted to find a new class to start mostly for PvE things like Raids and Fractals ... I found two classes that I loved the moment I saw them , Ranger and Revenant ... I can say that I like Revenant a bit more but I've heard he is not that viable while Ranger/Druid is quite viable , but I heard his healings got nerfed ... Based clearly on your own opinion guys , what class do you think I should start ?

After the recent patches, Revenant is quite nice.Druid is also great and will always be essential in Raids and Fractals.If you want to play DPS, then go for Revenant, it's the top dps on large targets and usually higher dps than Soulbeast.If you want to play something more safe that will be always needed in Raids and Fractals then play Druid.

All of that is true, but also power Soulbeast is much better right now for fractals (especially 99/100 cm) and any raid fight that has phases (sloth, gorse, sam, kc, etc...) It's burst is crazy, and that's exactly what you want/need in encounters like that... While power herald's benchmark is pretty competitive right now, it's burst is very meh, AND you have to utilize the targeting bug--which is always annoying.

On the flip side, there's a good chance power SB will get nerfed in the next major balance update, but that's always the risk you take when gearing a dps class.

You have to understand that rev, mosty melee class. Ranger is the most varied class in the game.Ranger because:

! 1. "Stronger than you aura" (Soulbeast fusion)! 2. Pokemons! 3. "4" longbow! 4. Traps! 5. Stances! 6. Can turn into healer (Druid spec)! 7. Greatsword! 8. Can shout loudly (STRENGHT OF THE PAACK!!!!!!!! and others)!Rev:! 1. DUAL SWORD WIELDER! 2. Was born to run (Speed+Superspeed + blinks through walls)! 3. Have unique green glowing plate that can heal! 4. Ez rotation! 5. Can summon felines! 6. Gain passive respect from other revenant-players! 7. Heavy armor fashion! 8. Got unique shotbow projectile(no need for legendary)! 9. Permanent forearms glowingI prefer revenant, because it has "mana" mechanics and i like everything about Shiro legendary (except Impossible odds without quickness).

Archived