Counter to Winds of Disenchament?

PhantomKnight.2183

@Ulion.5476 said:So you want a counter to the counter of a boons/conditions? It may bring back the hammer train style of play or players may just go with a pirate ship meta. It just come down to the commander on timing his push.

I mean, if they did a full balance patch and reduced the amount of conditions/boons being shat out by all classes then we wouldn't have as much of a need for winds of disenchantment in the first place. Personally I think it was the worst possible way to solve the issue, since it didn't actually addressed the issue, it just gave an even more OP solution to the problem at hand.

Choose other gear to deal with the PoF specs.

Get your own spellbreakers to use it, if no1 has buffs its even

Get your buffs up again, EXPECT some bubbles. If you have seen 2-4 bubbles, go full empower

Dont stand in them, watch the red line around until it gets fixed for better visuals.

That does not work, the moment you run in to the bubble whole squad goes down, seen it way too many times recently. If you see it you have to instant dodge away or you are dead no matter what. There is no stunbreak/heal that can save you. Only exceptions are teleports that work trough stun.

TBH there is no counter. The only counter is to play better, have even more and kill faster the enemy using it as well.

Personally I would buff resistance and make it impossible to be boonstripped and prevent boonstripping. This would also fix the condi plague.

Omg Junkpike without signature just ain't right. D:

Besides the obvious of dodging out. Use more non-boon buffs (super speed, auras, barrier, and maybe even Soulbeast stance share). Barrier being the big thing PoF added of course.

Keke, and of course as mentioned...bait it. Unless they're running like 10 of them. Then I guess all hope is lost.

@Haematic.4913 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

@Haematic.4913 said:Pirate ship

It blocks projectiles i am not sure if that going to work.

What Spellbreaker is going to use WoD to block projectiles? lol.

WoD for swiftness blasting i know!

Its a question of if you use WoD to go in on a group of Pirates the melee can use the WoD for protection from the ranged attks. WoD becomes both a def and attk skill at the same time. So even if your doing that max ranged the mix of WoD and fire brains stab should get you though most ranged bombs. Unless you intend the pirates to use WoD too but then only ground targeted skills are going to land i guess we could see well necros come back any thing out side of that (i do not see ele nor weaver staff being dmg) i am not sure where your ranged dmg is coming from.

Don't stand in the bubble.

Most run a load of scourges. Barriers aren't boons. Condis such as weakness , slow, blind make it harder to hit.

Have tempests run auras + Elemental Bastion. Overloads double as a stunbreak.

Have chronos run distortion + Blurred inscriptions , along with the Inspiration traitline. Most chronos run Gravity Well.

Have guardians run mace + shield for block / heals.

Have some revenants run tablet for burst heal , Rite of the great Dwarf . Have Renegades use Soulcleave's summit.

Holosmith Spectrum shield is too short a duration, but it would also mitigate damage.

P.S. most Necros run Soul Marks which makes marks unblockable.

@Miyafuji.1340 said:Most of the range damage (the condibombs) is done by Necros using marks and wells. None of those are projectiles, the anti-projectile stuff mostly puts the weaker classes in to even bigger disadvantage, I kinda don't understand why Anet is going that direction.

@Miyafuji.1340 said:Most of the range damage (the condibombs) is done by Necros using marks and wells. None of those are projectiles, the anti-projectile stuff mostly puts the weaker classes in to even bigger disadvantage, I kinda don't understand why Anet is going that direction.

I don't think they know how to create something that blocks aoe. lulz. Poor poor projectile users :anguished:

Make it a full no magic zone. No boons, no friendly and no enemy boons. No conditions, No condi CC . Only Heavy cc like warrior hammer stun. It would still be a field were the warrior would shine.It would be more in Line with spellbraker theme also. And not so freaking broken AS it is now.Condi complain, make it shorter duration maybe.

@Sovereign.1093 said:gear matters a lot actually. =) thats why a few good guys can beat many.

skills being similar.

It matters up to a point, no amount of toughness and vitality gear will save you if you get stuck in an enemy push no matter which way you cut it. Only an invuln or stab+resistance will get you out of that which won’t because WoD completely negates it leaving stunbreak and invuln.

I know the response people will say in a snark fashion “don’t get caught in an enemy push hur durr” but it’s not so easy if you get stripped by a scourge, even worse if you are TheMightyTeapot and get com focused with full boon strip, moa, pull etc. Let’s be clear here, PoF massively increased the boon strip and when most 30-50 man groups are 40% scourges that’s an aweful lot of corrupts.

Archived