[sPvP] Why can all classes get a "viable" dps build and elementalist can't ?

First ... i'm not mad while writting this. It's just an attractive topic title.

Then I'll try to see what build each class can have an impact with. I might forget some and might be outdated on others.

Necromancer

• Scourge deadshot
  • Power Reaper

Mesmer

• Power mirage
  • Condi mirage

Ranger

• Power Core Ranger
  • Power Soulbeast

Engineer

• SD holosmith and HOlo in general

Thief

• the class is design around dmg so ...

Revenant

• Power herald (came back finally !)

Warrior

• Demolisher Spellbreaker + rampage hmm hmm not even sure they bother with demolisher sometimes LUL

Guardian

• Core hammer guardian
  • Dragonhunter (kinda dps wise ... pretty meh)

Elementalist

• We once got core FA ... then weaver came and anet destroyed the scepter weapon

In term of damaging capabilities , I'm not sure ele has something left in sPvP at least .

What do you guys think? Why ele can deals a lot of dmg in PvE (at least could before last balance patch) and can't place a good enoug burst to kill someone in spvp?

I think they haven't completely separated PvP and PvE yet, but even if they did, ANET wouldn't really know what to do even then cause they're just that incompetent. They're just most likely gonna mess things up.

They might be thinking somewhere along the lines of, "if we buff Ele PvE, they might get OP in PvP" or some BS ass reason. Seriously if what you're saying is true, jsut give Ele a damage build, and it probably won't be OP in PvP anyways. And I'm saying this because there's no character development in ANET. I honestly think ANET hasn't improve ever since that screw up with the Quickness nerf back in 2012-2013 which screwed Warrior for like 4 months or so, they just figured out a way to repeat history it looks like.

@Liberis.9573 said:Core zerker glass staff still works!

Works really well,... for the opposing team.

The issue is that ele does not have enough dmg to be a burst spec in spvp with the current ammulets.

Ele has stat deficiency, where it gets lower defensive stats without any compensation on its offensive stats or weapon coeficients.For instance, dmg of sword first auto attacks (from the wiki):Guardian: 293 (0.8)Thief: 293 (0.8)Engi: 323 (0.88)Ranger: 257 (0.7)Ele Fire: 242 (0.66)Ele Air: 282 (0.77)

Not to mention that the auto chain also takes longer on ele sword than other classes.

This goes for a lot of other skills and weapons on the elementalist.

The thing is, to do anything, the ele needs to invest way more than any other class.While a warrior can take zerker amulet and still have great sustain due to its traits mechanics and higher stats (defense and hp) an ele needs every stat to have sustain (vit, toughness, healing power, boon duration) and then it has no dmg. And if the ele invest in dmg stats, it becomes so vulnerable, that in a game mode where you are easily chased by classes with teleports and limited map area (and capture point mechanics), the ele becomes just feed, unable to deliver the dmg.

The core FA or weaver burst specs are a clear example.To be a burst spec they need to go full dmg and kill opponents before they get killed, now this is just not really possible, with other classes delivering better burst from stealth or while maintaining high invul/block uptime.

Because ele trait lines are too specialized in there game play. So you cant have that added def line that can be pushed to doing dmg and def like other classes. Your going to have to run fire or air to do dmg and run earth or water to do def there is no mid ground in this type of game play.

To preface this, I'm not disagreeing with what you said, @Jski.6180, but I think your point could be expanded upon. The trait lines are specialized, yes, but there are some traits which add to damage. Trouble is those traits are just too weak or have conditions for their extra damage which just makes them undesirable/unwieldy when compared to what air or arcane offer and they haven't been touched at all by balance updates since the specialization update back in June 2015.

Serrated Stones and Strength of Stone, for instance, would require that eles have some kind of working condi build, perhaps a hybrid, and that's unlikely to come about until the next expansion. Even then I expect such a build would fall flat on its face.

Then there's Piercing Shards with its hefty +20% damage, but that only applies to attacks from water attuned skills. You know, the ones eles jump to when they want to do damage. Not only that but it requires the target have vulnerability on it, which, seeing as water has very few abilities which reliably inflict vulnerability, suggests the trait should be used with air attunement or a sigil to make it actually work. That's not even getting into which weapons are a good idea to use.

@Arkaile.5604 said:To preface this, I'm not disagreeing with what you said, @Jski.6180, but I think your point could be expanded upon. The trait lines are specialized, yes, but there are some traits which add to damage. Trouble is those traits are just too weak or have conditions for their extra damage which just makes them undesirable/unwieldy when compared to what air or arcane offer and they haven't been touched at all by balance updates since the specialization update back in June 2015.

Serrated Stones and Strength of Stone, for instance, would require that eles have some kind of working condi build, perhaps a hybrid, and that's unlikely to come about until the next expansion. Even then I expect such a build would fall flat on its face.

Then there's Piercing Shards with its hefty +20% damage, but that only applies to attacks from water attuned skills. You know, the ones eles jump to when they want to do damage. Not only that but it requires the target have vulnerability on it, which, seeing as water has very few abilities which reliably inflict vulnerability, suggests the trait should be used with air attunement or a sigil to make it actually work. That's not even getting into which weapons are a good idea to use.

The GM tell it all when you have 3 types of dmg effect on air and 3 types of def support on water that nothing to what say a necro who had an dmg a def and an utility on there GM.

Archived