Mounts for EOTM!

ori.5829

Isnt EOTM just absolutely unused? How about adding mounts and their abilities to EOTM to atleast get a few people to have fun on the map while being in queue for the real WvW?EOTM should be so much fun that you might even go there. Right now its almost always empty. Not that it being empty is bad, its just a waste of resources of Anet. Let us use mounts there so people wont ask for mounts in real WvW. Thanks!

I'm not a WvW player but EotM is one map I did enjoy playing on tbh.

Maybe it's the ability to troll people by knocking them off the map.. that is fun and I have a fond memory of deflecting a Ranger's point blank shot back at him and knocking him off the map with his own attack.. hehe still makes me laugh ^^

The rest of WvW has never really been fun to me.. running around in a Zerg capping the same things over and over gets really old very fast.. but EotM was fun and I don't why..Perhaps it was the limited terrain space which encouraged actual large scale battles more often.. I just don't know.All I do know is that EotM is fun to me but the rest of WvW is boring as hell 99% of the time..

Maybe what we need are smaller WvW maps that are designed to encourage huge battles instead of just runing around capping.. and capping.. and capping.. and capping.. and capping..

@Teratus.2859 said:

Maybe what we need are smaller WvW maps that are designed to encourage huge battles instead of just runing around capping.. and capping.. and capping.. and capping.. and capping..

Here is an idea: stop them from capping. It's what makes WvW interesting.

Camps are not often capped by Zergs though it does happen.

It's usually 1-4 players. Perfect time to troll them.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Here is an idea: stop them from capping. It's what makes WvW interesting.

Camps are not often capped by Zergs though it does happen.

It's usually 1-4 players. Perfect time to troll them.

True mostly is a few players but that's usually when the online numbers are low..But even when the numbers are high it's not much different.. instead of groups of 1-4 players it's a zerg more or less doing the same thing just adding keeps to the rotation.Least that's always been my experience for the past 5 years each time i've dived into WvW.

@Aury.1367 said:EOTM isnt WvW.It isn’t WvW, because ANet fails to update the map and its mechanics.WvW got all these nice updates:

• new guild claming system
  • (guild) tactics
  • synthesisers
  • gliding
  • reward pips

But EotM recieved none of these. They really need to bring EotM up to date or it will die even more.You also can only do a few guild missions on it, since generators don’t count as camps or there aren’t any tiers, so you can’t do “capture and hold”.

Going EotM at the moment is like playing the game core-only—its stuck in time.

@Aury.1367 said:Isnt EOTM just absolutely unused? How about adding mounts and their abilities to EOTM to atleast get a few people to have fun on the map while being in queue for the real WvW?EOTM should be so much fun that you might even go there. Right now its almost always empty. Not that it being empty is bad, its just a waste of resources of Anet. Let us use mounts there so people wont ask for mounts in real WvW. Thanks!

Can i knockback you off the cliff in EOTM? Those loot look delicious!

@starhunter.6015 said:

@starhunter.6015 said:Mounts for WvW of any kind is a big no

EOTM isnt WvW.

EoTM was made for WvW over flow, sadly they have not kept up on it's updates as they have with the main WvW maps. But EoTM is still WvW , it affects the the WvW maps when one of the 3 sides when the skirmishes.

The only effect eotm has is supplies in Citadel.

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

@Aury.1367 said:EOTM isnt WvW.It isn’t WvW, because ANet fails to update the map and its mechanics.WvW got all these nice updates:
  • new guild claming system
  • (guild)
    tactics
  • synthesisers
  • gliding
  • reward pips

But
EotM
recieved none of these. They really need to bring
EotM
up to date or it will die even more.You also can only do a few guild missions on it, since
generators
don’t count as
camps
or there aren’t any tiers, so you can’t do
“capture and hold”

Going
EotM
at the moment is like playing the game core-only—its stuck in time.

Yes, we need eotm to take people away from actual WvW yet again. This neglected, poor mode called wvw is EXACTLY what it needs, another pve map to drain it of people.

EOTM was my favorite place to hang out back in the day. Shame it died out ever since you stopped gaining exp there.

I would literally spend hours in EOTM in 2014. It was my favorite part of the game for a long time.

But adding mounts would be a bad idea. Folks without PoF wouldn't be able to keep up with the zerg so limiting the number of people who can participate in an already dead map, isn't the answer to revitalizing it.

Archived