provisioner tokens still suck

I have everything else I would need for another two sets of legendary armour.I just can't bring myself to hold onto a pile of partially completed weapons, craft, then wp hop daily for 60 days to finish it.

I wonder how many others could make more legendary armour, but just can't be bothered with this stupid aspect of it.

Edit:

it wouldn't be so bad if we could craft up stackable weapons a la Basic Mithril Dagger but with several recipes like the mystic curio's. & the ability to turn in 12/day at one provisioner. The timegate would be exactly the same, but the delivery would be soo much less tedious.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@Raizel.8175 said:I don't like it either. But it's still better than farming GoBs for weapons I guess?

At least that can be fun/ actual gameplay.there's nothing fun about crafting/hoarding a bunch of weapons then going to a bunch of wp's.

WvW is pretty dependant on the server you're playing on. For me, it's pure kitten.

At least that has a change in the pipeline (hopefully it ends up being an improvement..)

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:

@Raizel.8175 said:I don't like it either. But it's still better than farming GoBs for weapons I guess?

At least that can be fun/ actual gameplay.there's nothing fun about crafting/hoarding a bunch of weapons then going to a bunch of wp's.

WvW is pretty dependant on the server you're playing on. For me, it's pure kitten.

At least that has a change in the pipeline (hopefully it ends up being an improvement..)

Well, true...

...if you're in a good WvW-guild I guess. Else it's pretty much gambling.

Knowing ArenaNet, the WvW-overhaul will probably take another year or so anyway.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@Raizel.8175 said:I don't like it either. But it's still better than farming GoBs for weapons I guess?Trust me, it isn't.

Well, I have one set of legendary armor and I'd rather do the provisioner-kitten than farming a GoB.

And I have like 9 Gifts of Battle in my storage, but I'm not doing PTs for a next armor set despite having the LIs. You're arguing over subjectivity.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Raizel.8175 said:I don't like it either. But it's still better than farming GoBs for weapons I guess?Trust me, it isn't.

Well, I have one set of legendary armor and I'd rather do the provisioner-kitten than farming a GoB.

And I have like 9 Gifts of Battle in my storage, but I'm not doing PTs for a next armor set despite having the LIs. You're arguing over subjectivity.

Well, the whole thread is about subjectivity in the first place, isn't it?

@Raizel.8175 said:

Fair point. But I could argue PTs are just poor design. They aren't tied to a part of the game in a way that makes you play it. They aren't engaging, or fun.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Fair point. But I could argue PTs are just poor design. They aren't tied to a part of the game in a way that makes you play it. They aren't engaging, or fun.

True, it would probably be better if they were replaced by something like Crystalline Ore or stuff like that which has a real connection to HoT.

Not disputing that the system sucks. I just finished my 2nd set of legendary armor. I will tell you my method. The secret to making it less awful for me, is to simply park your alts at each merchant. I log onto each character, exchange 1 weapon, and then swap to my next character. I only use the merchants that are permanently available, all together I get 7 tokens per day. I also have a perm tp merchant in account wide slot, so I don't even move the alts to pick up more weapons. True end game right here.

This strategy is really good if you have every class geared, because you will inevitably only use your chrono anyways, leaving 8 characters to park for tokens.

I feel you, I am so happy I decided to keep collecting them after having to get them for my first armor (having to collect PT for close to 4 weeks). Was at close to 600 for my second armor and have been sitting on 300 for weeks now waiting to get the last few LI for the third armor (3 more weeks).

Best thing is to bite the bullet, get 3 characters you don't play and load them up with the rares, then log through them daily (1 per map is what I did) turning in 7-10 tokens (7 for the always available ones, 10 for the moderate priced ones, 12 if you turn in all of the possible rares).

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:

@"Malediktus.9250" said:I dont think the timegate is bad. You should have started it when you started raiding

timegate isn't the problem, the tedium of the "gameplay" is.

This. There's nothing enjoyable about being forced to jump to 150 different waypoints to give different weapons, which don't stack to NPC's on different dates. Being forced to do an event doesn't actually make that any better either. Also zzzzz chak eggs; altho I guess that's gameplay. Not sure why it makes me wait 10 minutes after the event is done to access the extra chests tho.

@Etheri.5406 said:

@"Malediktus.9250" said:I dont think the timegate is bad. You should have started it when you started raiding

timegate isn't the problem, the tedium of the "gameplay" is.

This. There's nothing enjoyable about being forced to jump to 150 different waypoints to give different weapons, which don't stack to NPC's on different dates. Being forced to do an event doesn't actually make that any better either. Also zzzzz chak eggs; altho I guess that's gameplay. Not sure why it makes me wait 10 minutes after the event is done to access the extra chests tho.

at least having to do an event for chak eggs is actual gameplay.. spamming wp's isn't gameplay.

@Feanor.2358 said:Fair point. But I could argue PTs are just poor design. They aren't tied to a part of the game in a way that makes you play it. They aren't engaging, or fun.This. I can understand a mat sink. I can understand the timegate. There would have been far better ways to achieve the same results without it being so totally unfun. Seriously, i'd rather get LIs than those (in fact, i do have LIs for my second set, and haven't even tried to get PTs for it yet), and i don't even like raids in the first place.

@Artemis Thuras.8795 said:at least having to do an event for chak eggs is actual gameplay.. spamming wp's isn't gameplay.Exactly. Tokens were far more tedious for me, even though they required far less actual effort.

Archived