Query regarding upgrading a free to play account

Hello,A friend of mine is currently playing on a free to play account. They would like to upgrade to a full account and also purchase one of the expansions at the same time. Having never been in this position myself as I started playing long before the f2p model, I am actually unsure what is the best way to go about this. Does purchasing either expansion also give you the full core game, or does that also need to be purchased separately?

Anyone able to shed a little light on the Anet store options would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• ArenaNet Staff

If your friend purchases either expansion, they will receive the core game without additional cost. They can make an upgrade to a paid account in the game or on the website, and they will receive whichever of the XPs they select and the core game. Thanks for asking!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:If your friend purchases either expansion, they will receive the core game without additional cost. They can make an upgrade to a paid account in the game or on the website, and they will receive whichever of the XPs they select and the core game. Thanks for asking!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Either expansion includes the core game; your friend need only purchase one or the other, or both. Make sure to remind him to add the Serial Key to his/her existing account if purchased outside the game.

Good luck.

Thank you both, that answered the question.

Gaile you are a treasure as always :)

Archived