Bring back allies from personal story please

Jarl Petter Hinrik.1409

I really dislike how our allies and friends keep being tossed away for new ones all the time. As a charr, can I get missions with my warband as henchmen instead of these guys that popped from season 1 and keep calling me boss? When Taimi was in her suit trying to kill me, I wished she died... Are we getting rid of them soon? I miss Logan and all the others. Seem like a waste to create so many characters and toss them away....

I dont dislike the current group that I am currently with, but for sure I miss characters that I only saw at the core personal story. I was very interested on knowing more about Zemzer (the charr from the iron legion storyline ghostbore musket-ash legion path that lost his warband to the ghosts) but he just joins your warband and never do something relevant in the next chapters.Or well, my sire Clement Forktail, I helped him and he just went to hero's canton to act like a regular NPC with no relevance whatsoever (A nice touch, but still disappointed because I wanted some special dialogue or anything).

well the opionions on this differ very much.. i would like to meet some People out of my personal Storys and i do with some(most times the worst of em lol+looking at u faren) im glad we got rid of some Destinys Edge members i Think Logan is in a good Place as the pacts secretary now zoija hopefully wont come back soon too. Braham is coming back now.. sadly i enjoyed him being away i never liked him and it got worse after he started his kittenmode

id like to have some "coop Mission" with ur old warband as charrbut for example it would be difficult to explain why the guy who wasnt able to watch out for himself in the ghettos of div reach is now in the middle of a war on another continentwhy do People Play norn exactly?asura an sylvari characters Show up pretty often thats always a nice - ohh isnt that the guy from yeeears ago?- moment

The charr warband is particularly tedious to bring back, since every single member is completely variable dependent on your biography or story options. They would have to write out dialogue for 5 (sparring partner) + 3 (guaranteed legion choice) + 6 (one of two second-legion choice) different warband members, and that's just counting the individual members' lines, and not any unique interactions between each other or between them and non-warband members like the PC.

And the above gets even more tedious when those you don't chose usually end up dead or traitors to the legions (especially all three Blood Legion recruits). So it's hard to just have them be there even if you're not a charr or not of your choices. For this very reason, it is highly unlikely to ever see NPCs such as Quinn or the M.I.G. lovers since their fate is variable. This is a huge part as to why the only NPCs from the early PS that show up in the later PS are those who have set-in-stone fates.

However, other individuals from the PS, whether we actually met them in the PS or not, should have reason to return. A few had done so in Heart of Thorns, though for the maps and not the instances. I imagine we'll be getting a new revisiting of such people from the Orders and Orr once the Pact makes their showing again.

How about Snarl Backdraft and Galina Edgecrusher? Though they are affiliated with Ash and Blood Legion respectively and may not have been members of the Pact. The last time we saw them, they were celebrating Zhaitan's defeat in Fort Trinity.

Galina Edgecrusher: So I said, "The thing you're best at is pressing laundry. That's why you're the Iron Legion!"Snarl Backdraft: In front of Tribune Goreblade? You Bloodies really are crazy. He hates that joke.Galina Edgecrusher: So what? Brimstone and Desertgrave laughed. Two tribunes pro, one con. The joke's funny.Snarl Backdraft: Can't argue with that—not when whiskey's a-callin'. (laughs) Come on, funny girl: let's have another!There's Scholar Octavian Inkblood, who many people remember from their home instance, but usually forget how he got there.The Gear Warband has been sighted in Ashford, fighting back Awakened during the Current Events. Maybe we'll see them in the future?

@"Castigator.3470" said:How about Snarl Backdraft and Galina Edgecrusher? Though they are affiliated with Ash and Blood Legion respectively and may not have been members of the Pact. The last time we saw them, they were celebrating Zhaitan's defeat in Fort Trinity.Agent Zrii makes mention of their off-screen status in HoT:

PC: Have you heard anything from the old Orr crew?Zrii: Snarl and Galina? Pretty sure they're around somewhere, boring Mordrem to death with their quarreling. Benn and Eilye, though...I'm not sure. No word after the crash. I'm sorry.

She also mentions a few others, including some sad unfortunate off-screen deaths:

PC: Have you heard from Barron and Fero?Zrii: Thought I couldn't get away soon enough from those two, but...Ugh, I feel terrible even admitting it. They were on my ship. The sylvari that turned, they... Sorry, Commander. Hit me kind of hard.

PC: I've worked with the Pale Reavers again, but what about Ballista Geargrind?Zrii: Ha! Who hasn't! At least her influence. The whole fleet was thanks in part to her ingenuity. I mean, not that it did us much good, but...Mordremoth.

PC: What about Elli? That little holomancer still around?Zrii: She got out after Scarlet. Think she saw too much of that madwoman's wild holomancy to keep going. She's pursuing a new line of genius now, but even I don't know the details. Hope to see her.

@"starlinvf.1358" said:The one I would want brought back is not likely to happen....

applesoutforTybalt

They already brought him back.

Twice.

Technically three times in fact, though few remember that one.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Castigator.3470" said:How about
and
? Though they are affiliated with Ash and Blood Legion respectively and may not have been members of the Pact. The last time we saw them, they were celebrating Zhaitan's defeat in Fort Trinity.
makes mention of their off-screen status in HoT:

PC: Have you heard anything from the old Orr crew?Zrii: Snarl and Galina? Pretty sure they're around somewhere, boring Mordrem to death with their quarreling. Benn and Eilye, though...I'm not sure. No word after the crash. I'm sorry.

She also mentions a few others, including some sad unfortunate off-screen deaths:

PC: Have you heard from Barron and Fero?Zrii: Thought I couldn't get away soon enough from those two, but...Ugh, I feel terrible even admitting it. They were on my ship. The sylvari that turned, they... Sorry, Commander. Hit me kind of hard.

PC: I've worked with the Pale Reavers again, but what about Ballista Geargrind?Zrii: Ha! Who hasn't! At least her influence. The whole fleet was thanks in part to her ingenuity. I mean, not that it did us much good, but...Mordremoth.

PC: What about Elli? That little holomancer still around?Zrii: She got out after Scarlet. Think she saw too much of that madwoman's wild holomancy to keep going. She's pursuing a new line of genius now, but even I don't know the details. Hope to see her.

@"starlinvf.1358" said:The one I would want brought back is not likely to happen....

applesoutforTybalt

They already

Technically
in fact, though few remember that one.

Woah, woah, woah.. Three times?

I know he's a mist champion but what are the other two?

Also, I had no idea the holomancer girl bit the dust. That's... really sad. I liked her.

@Magek.4718 said:

and
? Though they are affiliated with Ash and Blood Legion respectively and may not have been members of the Pact. The last time we saw them, they were celebrating Zhaitan's defeat in Fort Trinity.
makes mention of their off-screen status in HoT:

applesoutforTybalt

They already

Technically
in fact, though few remember that one.

Woah, woah, woah.. Three times?

I know he's a mist champion but what are the other two?

Also, I had no idea the holomancer girl bit the dust. That's... really sad. I liked her.

From how it sounds she didnt die, just left the pact to me at least.

• 10 months later...

@Jarl Petter Hinrik.1409 said:I really dislike how our allies and friends keep being tossed away for new ones all the time. As a charr, can I get missions with my warband as henchmen instead of these guys that popped from season 1 and keep calling me boss? When Taimi was in her suit trying to kill me, I wished she died... Are we getting rid of them soon? I miss Logan and all the others. Seem like a waste to create so many characters and toss them away....

DO not want to them to kill Rox cause I like her.

@"norbes.3620" said:well the opionions on this differ very much.. i would like to meet some People out of my personal Storys and i do with some(most times the worst of em lol+looking at u faren) im glad we got rid of some Destinys Edge members i Think Logan is in a good Place as the pacts secretary now zoija hopefully wont come back soon too. Braham is coming back now.. sadly i enjoyed him being away i never liked him and it got worse after he started his kittenmode

id like to have some "coop Mission" with ur old warband as charrbut for example it would be difficult to explain why the guy who wasnt able to watch out for himself in the ghettos of div reach is now in the middle of a war on another continentwhy do People Play norn exactly?asura an sylvari characters Show up pretty often thats always a nice - ohh isnt that the guy from yeeears ago?- momentNorn have the best reason to do all Story missions, it is all about The Legend and every heroic deed adds to their tale. They can fit as the hero in almost any story and their motive is the Glory. Char, humans and asura sometimes don't fit in some story steps while Norn with their Legend and Sylvary with their Knights of the round table commandments can be perfect for anything.

@Telwyn.1630 said:

@Jarl Petter Hinrik.1409 said:I really dislike how our allies and friends keep being tossed away for new ones all the time. As a charr, can I get missions with my warband as henchmen instead of these guys that popped from season 1 and keep calling me boss? When Taimi was in her suit trying to kill me, I wished she died... Are we getting rid of them soon? I miss Logan and all the others. Seem like a waste to create so many characters and toss them away....

DO not want to them to kill Rox cause I like her.

and
?

I want to see their cubs Anet!!!! And please bring PS character back

Yeah I want to see how their doing.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@"norbes.3620" said:well the opionions on this differ very much.. i would like to meet some People out of my personal Storys and i do with some(most times the worst of em lol+looking at u faren) im glad we got rid of some Destinys Edge members i Think Logan is in a good Place as the pacts secretary now zoija hopefully wont come back soon too. Braham is coming back now.. sadly i enjoyed him being away i never liked him and it got worse after he started his kittenmode

id like to have some "coop Mission" with ur old warband as charrbut for example it would be difficult to explain why the guy who wasnt able to watch out for himself in the ghettos of div reach is now in the middle of a war on another continentwhy do People Play norn exactly?asura an sylvari characters Show up pretty often thats always a nice - ohh isnt that the guy from yeeears ago?- momentNorn have the best reason to do all Story missions, it is all about The Legend and every heroic deed adds to their tale. They can fit as the hero in almost any story and their motive is the Glory. Char, humans and asura sometimes don't fit in some story steps while Norn with their Legend and Sylvary with their Knights of the round table commandments can be perfect for anything.

My male human fighter in my story is the grandson of Matthew Steel my male human ranger character from Guild Wars 1 so he is special but no one knows this cause to many people forgotten Tarwin's grandfather from guild wars 1 only Tarwin and his sister, know this and have journals of the past.

SPOILERRS AHEAD FOR LS2, HOT, LS3, POF, AND LS4.

If you pay attention you'll notice this doesn't just affect Personal Story.

Alot of characters died or went missing in LS2, HoT and LS3, although many returned briefly too. In Heart of Thorns, even the allied lesser races were shown to be prominent members of the Pact, including Ogres, Quaggans and Skritt (though not Grawl, I guess?).

In many ways, HoT and LS3 were the closing off of the Personal Story, and seems to've been intended to retire all of the characters from it, even giving closure on Forgal, Sieran and Tybalt, and some GW1 lore like the Mursaat.

Then PoF gave us some closure on some other things, like the Forgotten ,and the Human Gods.

But even in latest season of Living World, LS4, many characters disappeared permanently, for example Marjory showed up briefly in PoF ending, and her and Kasmeer were mentioned a few times after that but have never been seen again.

And now (presumably) Rox who is staying with the Olmakan. Even Canach even had barely any dialog this last episode and wasn't on the airship at the end, and Taimi's role has been repeatedly diminished to the point where in War Eternal she doesn't do anything more than have a comedic section manically destroying branded with the airship cannons.

Think about it, you'll be suprised how long its been since you've seen certain characters without realising it, or how much the roles of characters have diminished even though people seem to have the illusion that they're still heavily involved.

Logan, Rytlock and Caithe likely won't return, as their stories are over now that Kralkatorrik is gone. Eir and Snaff are dead and we've had closure to both, and the only remaining plot point is Logan as the Commander of the Pact, and Zojja, who is presumably still in a coma but will likely be involved in Taimi's final days given that her last words were "Where's Taimi?" suggesting a deeper connection than we thought.

Dragon's Watch is likely in for being the Commander, Gorrik, Zafira and Braham from now on., and its unlikely that Braham will stick around for long since like Zojja, he is also intrinsically tied to Taimi, being her adopted father-figure.

My point is, expecting them to bring back characters from years ago when they don't even have the resources to keep long-running main and side characters in the game is probably a lost cause.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:SPOILERRS AHEAD FOR LS2, HOT, LS3, POF, AND LS4.

If you pay attention you'll notice this doesn't just affect Personal Story.

Alot of characters died or went missing in LS2, HoT and LS3, although many returned briefly too. In Heart of Thorns, even the allied lesser races were shown to be prominent members of the Pact, including Ogres, Quaggans and Skritt (though not Grawl, I guess?).

In many ways, HoT and LS3 were the closing off of the Personal Story, and seems to've been intended to retire all of the characters from it, even giving closure on Forgal, Sieran and Tybalt, and some GW1 lore like the Mursaat.

Then PoF gave us some closure on some other things, like the Forgotten ,and the Human Gods.

But even in latest season of Living World, LS4, many characters disappeared permanently, for example Marjory showed up briefly in PoF ending, and her and Kasmeer were mentioned a few times after that but have never been seen again.

And now (presumably) Rox who is staying with the Olmakan. Even Canach even had barely any dialog this last episode and wasn't on the airship at the end, and Taimi's role has been repeatedly diminished to the point where in War Eternal she doesn't do anything more than have a comedic section manically destroying branded with the airship cannons.

Think about it, you'll be suprised how long its been since you've seen certain characters without realising it, or how much the roles of characters have diminished even though people seem to have the illusion that they're still heavily involved.

Logan, Rytlock and Caithe likely won't return, as their stories are over now that Kralkatorrik is gone. Eir and Snaff are dead and we've had closure to both, and the only remaining plot point is Logan as the Commander of the Pact, and Zojja, who is presumably still in a coma but will likely be involved in Taimi's final days given that her last words were "Where's Taimi?" suggesting a deeper connection than we thought.

Dragon's Watch is likely in for being the Commander, Gorrik, Zafira and Braham from now on., and its unlikely that Braham will stick around for long since like Zojja, he is also intrinsically tied to Taimi, being her adopted father-figure.

My point is, expecting them to bring back characters from years ago when they don't even have the resources to keep long-running main and side characters in the game is probably a lost cause.

I believe if that the case (I miss Rox cause I love her) my character Tarwin will be on his own and then for some reason th world forgets him like the first hero of Guild wars 1 Tarwin's grandfather the hero of Ascalon was forgotten so to will Tarwin name somehow be lost cause people do not brother to write his name down or in their ignorance they forget Tarwin and all he has done. Tarwin will not really care to much about being remembered as he knew this was going to happen and that no matter what kind legend he makes people will forget him, added that books get destroyed as will. Futhermore Tarwin is a fighter noble Ascalonain, with ties to Ebonhawk, and he has (in my story) the ability to end the forefire curse, but before he can do it the charr legions are pull into another war with what is left of Ascalon kingdom cause the female charr FUme Brighteyes somehow became the new leader of Iron Legion like she was bucking to be. Smodur fate is unknown but it can said he was unfit to lead or he was unable to lead all a sudden. And reports come in that Fume has condemned all charr who worked with humans as tratiors and is forcing all charr who want to remain loyal to the legions to spit the peace treaty with Kytra and Ascalon and to kill the humans, Banger of the Blood Legion supports Fume but he may be using to increase his own power. The Ash Legion has gone underground as most charr in that Legion support the peace treaty many charr who fought with Tarwin and had his help refuse tofight the humans of ascalon, as to many charr respect humans they fought with and admire them, and beleive they were suppose to have peace many, these charr who are in Ascalon are put in concentration camps by Fume and banger, and force into hard labor till they die this includes the charr cubs who were suppose to be guests in Ascalon and Kytra human cities, any cub who did not want to enter the humans cities as conquers but as guests of honor as they were promised too, are kicked out of the Legions and sent to camps to work till they die.Many charr who did not want the war to happen and or once wanted to support to the war against the humans are shocked at this morbid method Banger and Fume are using but any who speak against them both are condoned as human peace supporters and killed as an example, warbands arcoss all the Legions have fallen apart, and their is chaos as many warbands had charr who were working with humans many warbands either fall apart to arguing and infighting or lose the will to support the Legions with how their bonded warband partner is contemned a traitor. Tarwin meanwhile is in Ebonhawk forgotten by everyone not an Ascalonian or a close friend like lord Faren, decides it time to rebuilt the kingdom of Ascalon from the ground up to do that is by expanding southward and undoing the curse of the foefire Tarwin has gained the sword Malabar, and he needs the sword Solathan as well, and sends a letter to Rytlock that he needs the sword once more, Rytlock had been kicked of Blood Legion and many of Rytlocks children are either dead for being against another war with Ascalon, or hate their father cause he fought with humans and is not a true charr for that reason, Rytlock is bitter and angry, thrown out of the Legions he bled for and they defeated most of the elder dragons and now the legions under new leader ship is going back to war with the human and kicking all charr who fought with humans in including the male and female charr pact commanders out. (in my story their are number of pact commanders from the 5 races.)Tarwin never hated the charr but finds his home city Ebonhawk once again under siege once more and is force to fight the charr he fought side by side with, Ebonhawk dose not fall its fall to strong, Tarwin also by his choice proclaims himself as the heir and king of the human Kingdom of Ascalon and the one to end the curse of the Foefire, the Searing, and that he can undo the branded strip, and restore Ascalon to the beautiful land it once was before the searing and restore the four seasons of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. The humans of Ascalon realize Tarwin is the last member of Ascalons royal family besides Tarwins human sister (from the personal story.) Tarwin rallies the human of Ascalon to help him free the countless charr who are being force to fight them, and to make one last daring charge to free Ascalon from curse that has left Ascalon a scar of what it once was, to undo it Tarwin has to go to Ascalon city to where the foefire and the searing had began. Tarwin rallies also the charr of the pact and all charr npc allie and friends we made thought out the Legions more then half of Iron, half of Blood Legion and almost all of Ash LEgion side with Tarwin, the Orgers also side with Tarwin as he proclaim Ascalon is just for humans but for charr, Ogres and all races who call Ascalon home they are all ascalonain no matter what race they are. This makes Tarwin even more popular ever after the world seem o have forgotten him in a short few years Tarwin is able to restore his to memeory but that is not why Tarwin is doing this, Tarwin is fighting to stop another war that nations are trying to start just cause the elder dragons are all dead or asleep, Tarwin is not going to let FUme and Banger destroy all he had fought to save. Tarwin is also able to show the Ghosts of Ascalon and King Aldbern that he Tarwin himself is the heir to Ascalon and that he has come to restore AScalon and become it King, but before he can he needs the aid of the ghosts to defeat the hostile controled charr Legions, (similar to in Lord of the Rings.) Tarwin with the aid of his military, and his charr, oger allies and the ascalonain ghosts Tarwin is able to defeat Fume and Banger both, Fume being force to surrender and attmiting that Smolder is Alive and that she desposed him of his leader ship, but with help from and other charr allies of her's, Banger is killed trying to fight Tarwin, but is killed by Rytlock who wanted his reveage for all Banger did and the lives he destoryed and for almost destorying the Legions.

What is left of the Flame Legion attempt to attack the Legions at their weakest now that Tarwin and his allies (all charr who sided with him.) defeated Fume and Banger. But the Flame legion if overwhelmed by the ghosts of Ascalon and Tarwin unleashers another foefire that is controlled and destroys only the brainwash male charr of the Flame Legion and frees the female charr part of the Flame Legion.

After this Legions arr in bad shape not crittcally weaken but in shambles thanks to the chaos and warband facing the risk of falling apart with the charr at risk of killing each other an going survial of the fittest again and their is still no Khan ur to unit the charr, and Smolder is weaken from being a prisoner and dose not have the pwoer to restore his strentgh just yet, and the blade of the Khan ur by the way was destoryed as Tarwin shatters the blade of the Khan ur when Banger tried to use it against Tawrin only for him shatter the blade to show the charr the title Khan ur and the blade was nothing but a both figurehead and a simple powerful blade that can be broken and that meant nothing the charr are at a lost no khan ur means they cannot take over the wolrd like they wanted to nor can the wage wars without a good reason and having problems with everyone. It will take alot of effort from all charr the Olmakan, Rytlock, Smodler, Malice, to try and rebuilt but their is fear by charr they will collepse into infighting.

Tarwin with everyone gathered to watch, is able to undo the curse of the foefire and the searing, and the branded strip. Tarwin shouts out then. "Ascalon I free you from the curse of the Foefire and the Searing." And with those words strikes both swords into the heart of Ascalon city, and with that a powerful magic blast goes and echos arcoss the land, Ascalon's pre searing beauty is restored and heals, the land that was torn and ripped up and twisted by the searing crystals, and the brand is undone like it never happen, the pine trees of Ascalon grow big and tall, and land become green once again, Ascalons seasons returns, the human stone cities, and towns and villiages and castles rebuilt themselves as if the searing never happen and the great wall is restored like it was never destoryed, and the Black citadel, and charr buildings somehow are moved off all the humans cities and towns by powerful magic they never were their and are moved next to the human cities and instead, and frees the ghosts of ascalon who are no longer ghosts but human once more the humans of Ebonhawk and the former ghosts of Ascalon bow to Tarwin and hail him as their King.

Tarwin is hailed a hero by all the world for stopping a war that could have seen so many lifes lost and for restoring Asclon to what it once was and for unitning the races of Ascalon together. This was all made up by me and written in paper so its made up of course how I see will happen to my human character Tarwin.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Dragon's Watch is likely in for being the Commander, Gorrik, Zafira and Braham from now on., and its unlikely that Braham will stick around for long since like Zojja, he is also intrinsically tied to Taimi, being her adopted father-figure.

I'm sure it's more like Brother-Sister, i don't think Braham is that old to be a father-figure