Zerker Soulbeast meta not an issue for anyone in wvw?

Xtinct.7031

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lahmia.2193 said:Glass cannon. They hit hard but break very easy. Annoying yes, but not really a problem in the scheme of things.

Thats not really true at all, just like any build they can be very tough and still hit hard. In fact I bet no one is even running zerker, at the very least its marauder and probably getting toughness from runes or traits or skills, or being clever about gear choice (easy to sacrifice some precision for toughness for example) instead of going single type.

Soulbeast is in a pretty good place for roaming at the moment IMO when played well. They can easily rival thieves and mesmers. Druids likewise due to higher stealth uptime than mesmer.

As a roamer, I dont really have problem with them. You pick whats best for you.

I've been playing zerker soulbeast and using the trinkets with 18 vitality attached to them but more specifically the build that hit for 60k in sPvP...My numbers only get to about 50-55k though on tower lords so haven't quite perfected the build yet....bamNDWI.jpg

While yes it's completely overpowered in some aspects, the rest is utterly useless against any player worth his salt... Not only that but to get the damage amplification costs quite a bit of set up or using cool downs so if you end up missing the burst hit, you're pretty much screwed.Conditions too, slight bit of sustained condition pressure and it's all over.

The burst set up is pretty obvious too not sure how others do it but as I said, there's a bit of a set up:Strength of the Pack > Merge with pet mid animation > Barrage if theres a few enemies or Rapid Fire if only a single target > Hunters shot > Switch weapon while arrow is still in flight > We Heal As One to double the might stack > Sick Em > Maul > Worldy Impact (traited for taunt on beast skills)

I won't comment on the other builds as I only play zerker soul beast or druid trapper.

Soulbeast is in a pretty good place for roaming at the moment IMO when played well. They can easily rival thieves and mesmers. Druids likewise due to higher stealth uptime than mesmer.

As a current mesmer main, I typically beat soulbeasts...druids tho are another thing all together. I find they are more of a challenge.

I've seen a LOT more SBs lately, and fighting in SMC the other day I swear I saw almost half the enemy zerg standing on inner with their mobile arrow cart classes basically untouchable. It's pretty annoying, and is making WvW even more unfun lately. Time for another break, I guess.

@Odinens.5920 said:I've seen a LOT more SBs lately, and fighting in SMC the other day I swear I saw almost half the enemy zerg standing on inner with their mobile arrow arrow cart classes basically untouchable. It's pretty annoying, and is making WvW even more unfun lately. Time for another break, I guess.

I wish Barrage was as good as you think it is....

@ OP, Mesmers and Thieves have been doing what you describe since forever, and arguably current Deadeye still does it better, and both have way more defensive options than a SB who has to sacrifice every defensive option to go full glass cannon.

I get that people are disappointed that Rangers aren't just free bags anymore, but that isn't a reason for nerfs.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Odinens.5920 said:I've seen a LOT more SBs lately, and fighting in SMC the other day I swear I saw almost half the enemy zerg standing on inner with their mobile arrow arrow cart classes basically untouchable. It's pretty annoying, and is making WvW even more unfun lately. Time for another break, I guess.

@ OP, Mesmers and Thieves have been doing what you describe since forever, and arguably current Deadeye still does it better, and both have way more defensive options than a SB who has to sacrifice every defensive option to go full glass cannon.

I get that people are disappointed that Rangers aren't just free bags anymore, but that isn't a reason for nerfs.

Wait? I'm not suppose to be a free bag with daggers on Soulbeast?

D:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

D:

OP specifically said 'Zerker in the title, so if you're running power daggers.....well, at least you'll draw fire from the Necros and Eles ^_^

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

D:

OP specifically said 'Zerker in the title, so if you're running power daggers.....well, at least you'll draw fire from the Necros and Eles ^_^

It's how I role when I RP. Get it? Role...nevermind I'm outtie!

D:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

D:

It's how I role when I RP. Get it? Role...nevermind I'm outtie!

D:

Sounds pretty accurate.

Ranger is so OP I don't allow them in my squad. I wouldn't wanna win with such abusive mechanics. :trollface:Power soulbeast is pretty strong for roaming, but 9/10 rangers are just scrubs trying to pewpew from safety. They're rarely smart, good or problematic. Unless they're on your team; in which case they can be very difficult to get rid of.

Ranger doesn't have much use in wvw, except maybe as scout or havoc buster/pin sniper, or for roaming. You can show up and burst down support in a heavy sustain group through the blocks pretty easily. Once the sustain is down, you can just walk away while your side finishes off the havoc if you want, cause your job/usefulness is done. It's just not as useful for anything else or for the tag because it's not a useful zerg class (except maybe to hit poorly placed 3rd floor ac's, but ele is still better for the splash damage). I say this and I play soulbeast in wvw.

The only thing I would say about it, is that it kind of emphasizes the movement skills on weapons. I think it's weird that some skills require a target and others just let you cast them. I get that they did some of it with mobility in mind, but mobility is not even close to balanced even with the weapon choices. It got me thinking that they should make everything that doesn't use a ground target require an enemy, except for the 1 skill to hit stealthed enemies.. That way skills like greatsword 3 can't just be used to run away, but would be used in combat. Once they get rid of the "run away" weapon skills, they could do a better job of balancing mobility and weapons across the classes.

I don't think 1800 range 5-8k fast autoattacks are okay. Playing condi engi, my engagement distance is ~900 range. When you factor in OWP and sigils, a soulbeast can literally 'pew pew dead' by pressing 1 and kill me from twice my max range. Even if I spec full tank, that only saves me from one more autoattack. 'pew pew pew dead'.

I'm not saying Soulbeast is necessarily OP. I can definitely kill them if I get close, but I have to get close and to do that I need to abuse stealth (before they can sic-em).

That's to say nothing of the ~40k quickness-unblockable rapid fire.

I'm not sure what a class with no access to stealth or a teleporting gap closer is really supposed to do about it. It's just not very interactive gameplay. There should be some back and forth in a fight.

Again, it's not OP, it's just bad gameplay.

It is strong, it can have a 1 insta kill hit trough blocks as well under some circunstances, but also it melts, basicly is ment to be easy to carry most players with easy access to high damage, buit also will die if some high damage hitters sneezes on them, unblcokables will help.

Maybe some excessive reading throughout the entire thread here but @Shadelang.3012 and @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" include a lot of insight to the current state of SB damage. Especially of interest is the potential of bugged traits further scaling damage. Hope it helps shed some light.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50267/wordly-impact-needs-a-serious-nerf#latest

@coro.3176 said:I don't think 1800 range 5-8k fast autoattacks are okay. Playing condi engi, my engagement distance is ~900 range. When you factor in OWP and sigils, a soulbeast can literally 'pew pew dead' by pressing 1 and kill me from twice my max range. Even if I spec full tank, that only saves me from one more autoattack. 'pew pew pew dead'.

I'm not saying Soulbeast is necessarily OP. I can definitely kill them if I get close, but I have to get close and to do that I need to abuse stealth (before they can sic-em).

That's to say nothing of the ~40k quickness-unblockable rapid fire.

I'm not sure what a class with no access to stealth or a teleporting gap closer is really supposed to do about it. It's just not very interactive gameplay. There should be some back and forth in a fight.

Again, it's not OP, it's just bad gameplay.

Completely agree. The only complaint I have with ranger is the fact that their range on LB is much farther than advertised.

Archived