How is Scrapper in PvP right now?

Kroya.1072

Hey all,

I've recently returned to engineer - and I've been playing holosmith for sPvP.

I find myself to be leaning towards the support class more - but I do not enjoy playing a guardian.Thus, I was wondering how scrapper is fairing in pvp today? I haven't really seen them around - and I know a couple of months ago they were rather supbar. But with the july changes - are they kind of viable again?

Decent but worse than Holosmith in all 1v1 matchups, with an exception now and then, and adds much less contribution in teamfights.

Scrapper is balanced around getting good value out of Function Gyro reviving yet it's near impossible to get value out of it now-a-days

@Chaith.8256 said:Decent but worse than Holosmith in all 1v1 matchups, with an exception now and then, and adds much less contribution in teamfights.

Scrapper is balanced around getting good value out of Function Gyro reviving yet it's near impossible to get value out of it now-a-days

Basically this. Even the traits that provide more damage when taking them is sub par compared to what the Holosmith can do in terms of damage. As Scrapper currently as is, one can barely run any of its build role paths, support, bunker, or duelist, on a competitive level to actually be seen as a threat, and an equal contributor to the team. This saddens me, because I really love the idea of Scrapper. It just needs a little love on its defense side to fulfill its role paths.

@Chaith.8256 said:Decent but worse than Holosmith in all 1v1 matchups, with an exception now and then, and adds much less contribution in teamfights.

@Ghos.1326 said:

Basically this. Even the traits that provide more damage when taking them is sub par compared to what the Holosmith can do in terms of damage. As Scrapper currently as is, one can barely run any of its build role paths, support, bunker, or duelist, on a competitive level to actually be seen as a threat, and an equal contributor to the team. This saddens me, because I really love the idea of Scrapper. It just needs a little love on its defense side to fulfill its role paths.

Oof... That's depressing to hear :anguished:As I'm not familiar with the spec yet (I'm at work atm). How exactly is Function Gyro not viable right now? I heard you have to step away from the dead guy and then come back again or something?Or is it hard to aim, or ..?

@Kroya.1072 said:

Oof... That's depressing to hear :anguished:As I'm not familiar with the spec yet (I'm at work atm). How exactly is Function Gyro not viable right now? I heard you have to step away from the dead guy and then come back again or something?Or is it hard to aim, or ..?

Mainly, when initiating function gyro, it takes like a second to start ressing or stomping, so it can really create some issues. as well, unless traited, it is extremely vulnerable to CC.

@Kroya.1072 said:

Function Gyro simply gets countered by many things naturally:

• 5kish health pool that is cleaved out by all the counter-res effort going in
  • Interrupted easily by all the spam CC/AOECorrupt if you apply stability to it.

Similar effects from other classes summon an AoE field that pulses revive ticks on multiple targets, can't be interrupted, killed, or targeted in any way. Function Gyro is clearly several times more easily countered. Its an adept trait that got lost

Archived