Marshal Reaper

InsaneQR.7412

I tried what you are describing. Full Marshal armor + either (Cleric or Marauder) Trinkets and Marshal Weapons. The problem I ran into is that your overall power damage output is lowish, and your burst is not great. The slight condi damage is not really enough to make bleeds (such as, say from scepter or deathly chill) "bite". In other words, you get the worst of both worlds. You heal is OK to good, BUT necro heals does not = sustain. Since you have no real defensive stats, you also take a truckload of damage from stuff when focused. Since I play WvW more than anything else now, Marshal's isn't a good fit. I had MUCH better luck with full Clerics. Still not much damage, but much more Toughness while having barely adequate power.

I can't envision this being great against Champion level targets (Bandits, etc.). It would struggle against even veteran mobs or other players.

@"Nerah.8235" said:I tried what you are describing. Full Marshal armor + either (Cleric or Marauder) Trinkets and Marshal Weapons. The problem I ran into is that your overall power damage output is lowish, and your burst is not great. The slight condi damage is not really enough to make bleeds (such as, say from scepter or deathly chill) "bite". In other words, you get the worst of both worlds. You heal is OK to good, BUT necro heals does not = sustain. Since you have no real defensive stats, you also take a truckload of damage from stuff when focused. Since I play WvW more than anything else now, Marshal's isn't a good fit. I had MUCH better luck with full Clerics. Still not much damage, but much more Toughness while having barely adequate power.

I can't envision this being great against Champion level targets (Bandits, etc.). It would struggle against even veteran mobs or other players.

Well yeah i threw the idea over board.Maybe just an aoe lifesteal reaper will do the trick.Maybe zealots could work.

Archived