4K and the Trading Post

I just started playing around with 4K settings (3840x2160), as I just got a new monitor (TV) that supports it, and everything seems to run great, or at least as it used to, without any (much?) noticeable difference except one thing: the Trade Post.

It's oddly laggy, and it never was when I was playing 1920x1080. I was wondering what it is about it that makes that the one thing that is noticeable? Why would that one window be laggy at a higher resolution?

How laggy?

Not sure if you know this already, but the TP is basically a web page that loads onto your game, so it takes "time" to properly load before displaying its stuff. Dont know what resolution has to do with the "laggy" interface youre talking about, but if you got better specs on your computer too, then maybe you're feeling that is more laggy because you're getting used to a better performance on the game in general and TP is just the same.

Yeah it's weird. I never had performance issues with the TP before, and moving up to the new resolution, everything else seems to run fine, but every time I open the TP and start selling things, it's a little chunky slow, even moving the mouse around. It's very weird.

I suppose what I also need to do is see if it's not necessarily resolution related, by kicking my PC res back down and then starting the game in the matching resolution (I like to play in fullscreen borderless window mode because I'm a frantic win/alt-tabber) to see if it's still chunky. Maybe something else happened not related to me moving to a new resolution that is causing it to be slow.

Would you happen to know if it uses some sort of 'in game' control to view the web pages, or if it leverages your default browser to render pages?

Archived