Healing effic. inconsistent with tooltip and formula?

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I read the wiki page on healing to get a grasp on how to calcuate healing ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing)The reason is because when i use the medkit on engineer it says one thing on the tooltip for i.e vital burst nr4 skill. But shows something else once you use it, and shows a third number on allies when you have outgoing healing on traits, all of these seem to be inconsistent with both the tooltip and the formula used to calculate the healing you will get.

So I'm basically wondering if I'm missing something or if the medkit just doesnt work properly with outgoing healing and/or doesnt show the right numbers?

edit: just as anexampleI got 1439 healing power and Vita Burst is supposed to heal me for 2452,xx if im correct, the tooltip shows 2909 and the actualy heal is 2666.This seems to be a running theme with all the medkit skills

Do you have a weapon with healing stats? The interaction between (used or stowed) kits and equipped weapon might be represented wrong in the tool tip. You can try what happens if you don't use a weapon / heal traits etc. and maybe find out what's exactly going on that way.

It's consistent, you misinterpret the trait : Health Insurance. It gives 10% healing to ALLIES in medkit AND 10% increase in ALL healing, including yourself, passively. This 10% increase does work on yourself.

(942+(1.03 x 1439)) x 1.1 = 2666 = tooltip value.

I recently rechecked the math on medical dispersion field, regen and medkit blast 1 for heal scrapper optimization and the healing calculations on those were all regular as you'd expect. If your calculations are off, it's most likely a calculation / interpretation error. Many GW2 traits don't function the way you'd imagine based on reading them once.

@"Etheri.5406" said:It's consistent, you misinterpret the trait : Health Insurance. It gives 10% healing to ALLIES in medkit AND 10% increase in ALL healing, including yourself, passively. This 10% increase does work on yourself.

I recently rechecked the math on medical dispersion field, regen and medkit blast 1 for heal scrapper optimization and the healing calculations on those were all regular as you'd expect. If your calculations are off, it's most likely a calculation / interpretation error. Many GW2 traits don't function the way you'd imagine based on reading them once.

Ah i forgot I made this thread in the engi forums too. I've alreayd figured out how it works and posted the info here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50437/healing-effi-inconsistend-with-formula-and-tooltip#latest

Also I'm curious what nubmers you get when you have higher numbers of outgoing healing? I had about 57,5% outgoing healing and 1439 HP and the tooltip for Vital Burst stays at 2909 whereas my calculations says 3393. The actual healing done (on allies) however seem to be correct. It is just the tooltip that doesnt seem to update fully (?)

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

@"Etheri.5406" said:It's consistent, you misinterpret the trait : Health Insurance. It gives 10% healing to ALLIES in medkit AND 10% increase in ALL healing, including yourself, passively. This 10% increase does work on yourself.

Ah i forgot I made this thread in the engi forums too. I've alreayd figured out how it works and posted the info here:

Also I'm curious what nubmers you get when you have higher numbers of outgoing healing? I had about 57,5% outgoing healing and 1439 HP and the tooltip for Vital Burst stays at 2909 whereas my calculations says 3393. The actual healing done (on allies) however seem to be correct. It is just the tooltip that doesnt seem to update fully (?)

I don't know. Tooltips in this game are often way off. Also keep in mind healing on you and healing on allies is separate and I don't think the tooltip takes "outgoing healing" into account. Not sure. I go by wiki or patch notes values / modifiers and calculate from there. I don't really use the tooltips for any numeric values ever. Almost all calculations end up "correct"... Sometimes requiring some trial and error with the weird "inconsistencies" regarding multipliers. (Additive versus multiplicative versus random mismatches of both, and some traits working on some stuff but not on other stuff.) Normally DPS modifiers are multiplicative and healing modifiers are additive, but it's anet so the only consistency is spaghetticode.

Also... taking the values you just gave me I'd get :((942+(1.03 x 1439)))*1.575 = 3818which is neither of the values you just gave me. Either I fucked something up or you did, but I don't have the info to figure out which.

@archmagus.7249 said:Healing you do to others can be checked in the combat log.

Medical dispersion Field only works when you heal yourself for damage you've taken. Healing yourself at full health will not make the trait work.

I suggest you read the OP again if that's what you're replying to

Yeah didn't read it properly. Where are you testing this? A Zerg in wvw? Or in a guild arena?

@archmagus.7249 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:Healing you do to others can be checked in the combat log.

Medical dispersion Field only works when you heal yourself for damage you've taken. Healing yourself at full health will not make the trait work.

I suggest you read the OP again if that's what you're replying to

Yeah didn't read it properly. Where are you testing this? A Zerg in wvw? Or in a guild arena?

I tested it on my bulwark gyro in a controled environment in WvW. Also as I stated in a previous post I made a different thread in the GW discussion and made a more elaborate explanation there. :)

here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50437/healing-effi-inconsistend-with-formula-and-tooltip#latest

@archmagus.7249 said:Medical dispersion Field only works when you heal yourself for damage you've taken. Healing yourself at full health will not make the trait work.

They fixed that at some point. In WvW I am often healing people with medkit-F1 when I am full HP myself.In the past, this was the biggest limitation of mdf, but now being able to heal 5 people with F1(8k self, 50% mdf, +78% Outgoing) by 7.1k disregarding your own health, it became very relyable. medkit-4 is equally strong, since the AoE heal will also trigger mdf and thus you get a multiplier of not +50%78%, but +150%78%, with 3850 base heal, you get 10.2k. Not sure, if you heal yourself with AoE, if you are full, though, since allies might get priorized.Typically I get lower numbers, since people are full already and I don 't wait long enough, but it seems consistent to mdf being my main healskill with ~70% in WvW and getting to a consistent 12k/s heal when under constant pressure...

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:Medical dispersion Field only works when you heal yourself for damage you've taken. Healing yourself at full health will not make the trait work.

They fixed that at some point. In WvW I am often healing people with medkit-F1 when I am full HP myself.In the past, this was the biggest limitation of mdf, but now being able to heal 5 people with F1(8k self, 50% mdf, +78% Outgoing) by 7.1k disregarding your own health, it became very relyable. medkit-4 is equally strong, since the AoE heal will also trigger mdf and thus you get a multiplier of not +50%
78%, but +150%
78%, with 3850 base heal, you get 10.2k. Not sure, if you heal yourself with AoE, if you are full, though, since allies might get priorized.Typically I get lower numbers, since people are full already and I don 't wait long enough, but it seems consistent to mdf being my main healskill with ~70% in WvW and getting to a consistent 12k/s heal when under constant pressure...

I think thats unintended. Not all heals does this. The heal on swiftness/super speed trait works with full health but not vital burst, just as an example. And then theres alot of healing effects that doesnt even work with MDF at all, like regeneration boon.

They fixed that at some point. In WvW I am often healing people with medkit-F1 when I am full HP myself.In the past, this was the biggest limitation of mdf, but now being able to heal 5 people with F1(8k self, 50% mdf, +78% Outgoing) by 7.1k disregarding your own health, it became very relyable. medkit-4 is equally strong, since the AoE heal will also trigger mdf and thus you get a multiplier of not +50%
78%, but +150%
78%, with 3850 base heal, you get 10.2k. Not sure, if you heal yourself with AoE, if you are full, though, since allies might get priorized.Typically I get lower numbers, since people are full already and I don 't wait long enough, but it seems consistent to mdf being my main healskill with ~70% in WvW and getting to a consistent 12k/s heal when under constant pressure...

I think thats unintended. Not all heals does this. The heal on swiftness/super speed trait works with full health but not vital burst, just as an example. And then theres alot of healing effects that doesnt even work with MDF at all, like regeneration boon.

The only self heal effects which don't affect MDF are heat therapy and backpack regenerator. But once you reach full health, it will stop healing allies.

78%, but +150%

As I said, AoE heal will probably priorize hurt people, so it will only trigger mdf in cases where you are hurt, too. But even if you have 18k/19k Life, you can easily heal others by 6k with this skill.I have also taken videos where I heal people with F1 with 4-6k while being at 100% health myself (also all the small heal ticks from my own regeneration and rapid regeneration triggering MDF), so I'm quite sure that mdf also triggers at 100% health.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

78%, but +150%

As I said, AoE heal will probably priorize hurt people, so it will only trigger mdf in cases where you are hurt, too. But even if you have 18k/19k Life, you can easily heal others by 6k with this skill.I have also taken videos where I heal people with F1 with 4-6k while being at 100% health myself (also all the small heal ticks from my own regeneration and rapid regeneration triggering MDF), so I'm quite sure that mdf also triggers at 100% health.

The description says that the healing you apply to yourself. It's not healing if you're already at full health, so it shouldn't be healing allies. Rapid regeneration will heal allies until you fill your health.

Archived