All stances should have instant cast

ROMANG.1903

Right now they have only 2 stances with a cast time: Aquatic Stance (healing) and Weave Self (elite).

Considering that, like all stances, these skills do not apply their full effect directly (as opposed to others stances, they even have the particularity of requiring others actions after their cast to be fully effective), I'm wondering if a cast time for these is really necessary. The healing one wouldn't be too strong considering the weakness of the first heal (and the elementalist needs more viable healing skills anyway), and the elite skill wouldn't change mutch because it has to be "charged" with all elements.

I've always seen the weaver as a very fluid gameplay and I feel like these skills break with this idea. I think it would be worth reconsidering this part of their gameplay.

Aquatic stance is trash, you have to stay sit for 5 seconds hitting a target to get a decent heal, risking being hit. It should be like gliph of empowerment. And cast time is too long, youre already dead when you finish the cast. Also, the healing is bad too.

There is a thread detailing how bad it is.

But for weave self i can make an exception because is a good skill and the cast time is not too large.

@"Conqueror.3682" said:Aquatic stance is trash, you have to stay sit for 5 seconds hitting a target to get a decent heal, risking being hit. It should be like gliph of empowerment. And cast time is too long, youre already dead when you finish the cast. Also, the healing is bad too.

But for weave self i can make an exception because is a good skill and the cast time is not too large.

@"Conqueror.3682" said:Aquatic stance is trash, you have to stay sit for 5 seconds hitting a target to get a decent heal, risking being hit. It should be like gliph of empowerment. And cast time is too long, youre already dead when you finish the cast. Also, the healing is bad too.

The thing is this is more then just about the healing one so it dose fit to make a new thread that and threads start and die on the ele forms with nothing ever fixed or resolved this is the void forms. Devs. do not post here for a year + now.

@Jski.6180 said:

The thing is this is more then just about the healing one so it dose fit to make a new thread that and threads start and die on the ele forms with nothing ever fixed or resolved this is the void forms. Devs. do not post here for a year + now.

Im not native speaker in english, but i find difficult to understand what you said, can you elaborate?

@Conqueror.3682 said:

Im not native speaker in english, but i find difficult to understand what you said, can you elaborate?

Its not just about the healing stance and no on is talking in that other threat at all.

@Jski.6180 said:Its not just about the healing stance and no on is talking in that other threat at all.

I see, but anyway my opinion stays the same, cast time for aquatic stance is too large, apart from all the other problems this skill have.

And now for the other stances with cast time there is only weave self, but i havent problem with this skill having cast time because isnt too large and the situations where you need to use it are not so urgent like when you need to use a healing skill.

@Conqueror.3682 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Its not just about the healing stance and no on is talking in that other threat at all.

I see, but anyway my opinion stays the same, cast time for aquatic stance is too large, apart from all the other problems this skill have.

And now for the other stances with cast time there is only weave self, but i havent problem with this skill having cast time because isnt too large and the situations where you need to use it are not so urgent like when you need to use a healing skill.But at the same time, because you have to charge it with all elements before actually triggering its full effect, is a cast time really useful?

@ROMANG.1903 said:

And now for the other stances with cast time there is only weave self, but i havent problem with this skill having cast time because isnt too large and the situations where you need to use it are not so urgent like when you need to use a healing skill.But at the same time, because you have to charge it with all elements before actually triggering its full effect, is a cast time really useful?

True, while no other stance has a cast time. At least we should be allowed to move... but no... would be OP, I guess.^^

@Megametzler.5729 said:

True, while no other stance has a cast time. At least we should be allowed to move... but no... would be OP, I guess.^^

My point is more about the first cast, the one that you need to do before swapping to all elements. This one doesn't need a cast time. But I think the AOE stun needs a cast time to allow counterplay, but yea being able to move would be a nice thing.

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:Its not just about the healing stance and no on is talking in that other threat at all.

My point is more about the first cast, the one that you need to do before swapping to all elements. This one doesn't need a cast time. But I think the AOE stun needs a cast time to allow counterplay, but yea being able to move would be a nice thing.

Since when does ele has the right to move when casting "big" hitting spells with long cast times? Or when it is allowed to move there is always a delay, big things suspended forever in mid air and what not. There was even a trait that increased your toughness when channeling skills. The trait is gone, not the channels. In the meantime, some specs have perma quickness.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:Its not just about the healing stance and no on is talking in that other threat at all.

Since when does ele has the right to move when casting "big" hitting spells with long cast times? Or when it is allowed to move there is always a delay, big things suspended forever in mid air and what not. There was even a trait that increased your toughness when channeling skills. The trait is gone, not the channels. In the meantime, some specs have perma quickness.

I don't really get your point. Are you against the idea?

@ROMANG.1903 said:

I don't really get your point. Are you against the idea?

I'm not. Just saying eles can't have nice things without a heavy price.

Archived