Infinite loading screen every single time you waypoint in WVW

I mean, wtf even is this? It's been happening for so long, every single time you waypoint in wvw when you die, you get stuck in an infinite loading screen and have to restart your game, it makes me not even want to play. At first I thought it was my computer, but it happens to so many people I play with.

okay, i dont have that every single time, but it sometimes happened to me and many other People too. it is not just loading screen. it seems the whole game step by step is crashing than. cause many People that came out of the 5 min laoding screen have further Bugs Happening. after some more time mostly your weapons and other item textures are leaving. if you still continue to play than the npc's charactermodells leaving too (their names get still shown, but on their spawn positions, even if they walk elsewhere).

many people i know already tried to repair but this bug come back. only solution is relogging if that happen...

@Zero.3871 said:okay, i dont have that every single time, but it sometimes happened to me and many other People too. it is not just loading screen. it seems the whole game step by step is crashing than. cause many People that came out of the 5 min laoding screen have further Bugs Happening. after some more time mostly your weapons and other item textures are leaving. if you still continue to play than the npc's charactermodells leaving too (their names get still shown, but on their spawn positions, even if they walk elsewhere).

many people i know already tried to repair but this bug come back. only solution is relogging if that happen...This is odd because I thought this was fixed earlier this year. It used to be a common issue but I havent heard a peep about it for many months.Have you tried a manual repair (delete the big .dat in the game folder, delete the my documents GW2 folder where settings is, relaunch as normal and let the game redownload itself)?

@"trashboat.2560" said:I mean, kitten even is this? It's been happening for so long, every single time you waypoint in wvw when you die, you get stuck in an infinite loading screen and have to restart your game, it makes me not even want to play. At first I thought it was my computer, but it happens to so many people I play with.

This happens to me when I do wvw reset. I'm perfectly fine for an hour to a hour and a half, but after that I get the same 5-10 minute loading screen if I have to waypoint. I've determined it's a memory issue with GW2 where it slowly starts consuming more and more memory. When I see my memory usage is over 3 GBs (on a 4 GB machine), I know I'm screwed and better not die or waypoint or my wvw night is over.

I think the GW2 engine isn't properly clearing memory from numerous 150-player battles, so after an hour of constant chaos at reset, it has run out of room.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Zero.3871 said:okay, i dont have that every single time, but it sometimes happened to me and many other People too. it is not just loading screen. it seems the whole game step by step is crashing than. cause many People that came out of the 5 min laoding screen have further Bugs Happening. after some more time mostly your weapons and other item textures are leaving. if you still continue to play than the npc's charactermodells leaving too (their names get still shown, but on their spawn positions, even if they walk elsewhere).

many people i know already tried to repair but this bug come back. only solution is relogging if that happen...This is odd because I thought this was fixed earlier this year. It used to be a common issue but I havent heard a peep about it for many months.
Have you tried a manual repair (delete the big .dat in the game folder, delete the my documents GW2 folder where settings is, relaunch as normal and let the game redownload itself)
?

that would Need to much time for me. i just have it sometimes at reset nights after a couple of Hours. i rarely stay that Long to have those Problems often.^^

but it is interesting what Hesacon wrote.

@Hesacon.8735 said:

@"trashboat.2560" said:I mean, kitten even is this? It's been happening for so long, every single time you waypoint in wvw when you die, you get stuck in an infinite loading screen and have to restart your game, it makes me not even want to play. At first I thought it was my computer, but it happens to so many people I play with.

This happens to me when I do wvw reset. I'm perfectly fine for an hour to a hour and a half, but after that I get the same 5-10 minute loading screen if I have to waypoint. I've determined it's a memory issue with GW2 where it slowly starts consuming more and more memory. When I see my memory usage is over 3 GBs (on a 4 GB machine), I know I'm screwed and better not die or waypoint or my wvw night is over.

I think the GW2 engine isn't properly clearing memory from numerous 150-player battles, so after an hour of constant chaos at reset, it has run out of room.

If this is the problem, are you using the 64 bit client? Most memory issues should be fixed by switching, if you aren't.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

If this is the problem, are you using the 64 bit client? Most memory issues should be fixed by switching, if you aren't.

This is using the 64 bit client. Despite the 64 bit client, the issue still happens. It's the only time in the game it happens to me, after extended big wvw fights.

This is not a fix, but a nice way to knowing whether it's really bug on the game or just pc/internet problem.Do something like this on your GW2 shortcut path "D:\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -mapLoadinfoThe -mapLoadinfo will show you the percentage of map loading screen..Short story, I've been having similar infinite loading screen issue few weeks ago. After using the mapLoadinfo, I realize that it load but reaaaaaaally slow (around 0.2-0.3%/s, even though I can play youtube video at 1080p without buffering). I suspect that this is because of my internet, so I complain to the ISP, they then call me back after few hours and said that it should be fixed and the game loading speed seem back to normal now..However, If you see the percentage is already at 100% yet the loading screen still there... I hope it got fixed soon :)

I have the same issue on occasion. My -maploadinfo says it takes exactly 121 seconds to load every time it happens. I do get a bit of warning though that it's going to happen because it happens in stages:

Stage 1: My weapons no longer appear on my character model or other playersStage 2: The character models of enemies revert to the generic modelsStage 3: All the npc character models disappear (but I can still interact with them)Stage 4: 121 seconds load screen for waypoints on the same map. Also, as noted by the -maploadinfo information, some of the models are constantly loading/reloading until they finally process and I can get into the WP.

This normally happens after I've been on a map for a while and been involved in large fights.

If I move to another map, the issue is immediately cleared up. But the map I left is usually queued so now I can't get back to it.

I get this bug occasionally in WvW after being there for a while and usually only on reset night. I get an infinite loading screen when I WP whether it's a keep or spawn point WP. What I've noticed is that I load in shortly after the "tick" has processed (ie. I'm back at around 4:50 - 4:59 on the next tick).

• 2 weeks later...

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I've never had that issue. You might consider a -repair of the client, using a VPN, and/or contacting the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

I think this is a good suggestion, trashboat. Can you update after you've tried one of these things?

Hi there! Sorry for not replying to this sooner, completely forgot. So I ran the repair tool on my laptop since that's what I was using, and it did fix the issue it seems. I'm not quite sure what causes it but it seems to run fine now!

Archived