How do you unlock repair hammers?

severn.3120

@severn.3120 said:Then how are people repairing Siege? I see it all the time

You are seeing people build siege in structures that come from upgrading those places, cannons, burning oil, mortars.When they are destroyed, after a while the siege build site comes back up for you to build with supply.You cannot repair them once they've been built, you cannot repair player made siege either.

The repair hammer was beta tested and then the players voted not to have it implemented permanently.

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:Ah yes, another defensive advantage that was voted into extinction because attackers abused it to repair their "fight" golems.

And sadly another way to troll/grief supply siege :\

WvW is so..but so badly designed....that hardly anything Anet does to WvW can result decently, even if they look good changes/adddons initially.

Maybe I'm seeing things wrong but I've been with other players that build siege and then the enemy damages it and I see a red "X" over it. Then players run up to the siege and the red "X" disappears and the siege is healed again. Is this not some kind of repair taking place?

@"severn.3120" said:Maybe I'm seeing things wrong but I've been with other players that build siege and then the enemy damages it and I see a red "X" over it. Then players run up to the siege and the red "X" disappears and the siege is healed again. Is this not some kind of repair taking place?

Nope. The red 'X' is from a disabled. It ends after about 1 minute and then the 'X' disappears, and players can use it again.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"severn.3120" said:Maybe I'm seeing things wrong but I've been with other players that build siege and then the enemy damages it and I see a red "X" over it. Then players run up to the siege and the red "X" disappears and the siege is healed again. Is this not some kind of repair taking place?

Nope. The red 'X' is from a disabled. It ends after about 1 minute and then the 'X' disappears, and players can use it again.

And if you're are trolling, there is a special place in hell for you. :grin:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:Ah yes, another defensive advantage that was voted into extinction because attackers abused it to repair their "fight" golems.

WvW is so..but so badly designed....that hardly anything Anet does to WvW can result decently, even if they look good changes/adddons initially.

Why do you hate WvW so much? You're only trashing it whenever you talk about it, which is really doesn't deserve. Is it perfect? No, but it's not badly designed what the hell are you talking about. Please stop planting that idea into people's heads, if a new person reads this and just believes it that is bad enough.

And on topic: Nothing to add. You can't repair sieges, there is no way to do so in the game. The red X is a "Siege Disabler" effect being active on the siege

@Blocki.4931 said:

Why do you hate WvW so much? You're only trashing it whenever you talk about it, which is really doesn't deserve. Is it perfect? No, but it's not badly designed what the hell are you talking about. Please stop planting that idea into people's heads, if a new person reads this and just believes it that is bad enough.

And on topic: Nothing to add. You can't repair sieges, there is no way to do so in the game. The red X is a "Siege Disabler" effect being active on the siege

It is badly designed though, from the server system to having multiple maps to having meaningless currencies to having overpowered siege to the design of the desert BL itself.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Trashing??? criticizing it has flaws and could be 10x times better
for every one
, it is bad designed cause it leads to several issues, sometimes changes that ment change something that leads to even more issues sometimes, meanwhile i point possible solutions...WvW lacks, it is a good has a base ground to something else and needs to envolve, something that Anet kinda obtusely , so i like to point that out.

Now if u accept everything mindlessly do me a favor, ignore my post's like a good sheep, and go back to your herd and be a good sheep... society loves tamed sheeps.

(edit) if u dont like the way i talk and point stuff directly dont quote me, i like to talk to players that dont have afraid of pointing possible issues.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@"severn.3120" said:Then how are people repairing Siege? I see it all the time

You are seeing people build siege in structures that come from upgrading those places, cannons, burning oil, mortars.When they are destroyed, after a while the siege build site comes back up for you to build with supply.You cannot repair them once they've been built, you cannot repair player made siege either.

The repair hammer was beta tested and then the players voted not to have it implemented permanently.

I actually loved the idea of having tools to repair several objects, that kinda wides the sandboxing effect, but grieffing trolls and make game super super basic is more important for Anet, still maybe repair hammers can still be used in game at late game, at least to give some meaning for asuran elite golems(When Anet will decide to give some meaningfull usage for racial skill.. even those are useless and some out of theme :) , since they actually could reapair Golems siege and reduce the disabled effect on them :P , it was just needed a different supply variables, has in mechanical supplies with a far far small pool in keeps.

That could balance out the usage of "every one proxy catas", now players would have another option, Omegas for example are easy(kinda, at least jalis effects them ;) thats 50% damage cuted) to defend, and some asuran new players at least could be introduced and use their pve golems with some usage on WvW.I gave this example about omegas cause they are kinda easy as well to counter, if group managing dont know how reflects work.

Archived