Dead thread

Forsakens.9726

I like it from a playstyle/fitting with the rest of the class standpoint...

But, it would absolutely decimate Renegade's raid dps potential/rotation, since the second you drop one of these upkeep spirits, your energy regeneration would go out the window. It would have to be addressed somehow, and would likely result in the rotation changing back to the old boring "Channel your upkeep and auto attack" one instead of the really fun/active-cast rotation we have now.

@"narcx.3570" said:I like it from a playstyle/fitting with the rest of the class standpoint...

But, it would absolutely decimate Renegade's raid dps potential/rotation, since the second you drop one of these upkeep spirits, your energy regeneration would go out the window. It would have to be addressed somehow, and would likely result in the rotation changing back to the old boring "Channel your upkeep and auto attack" one instead of the really fun/active-cast rotation we have now.

i agree it would destroy renegade damage potential. guess my hope is almost lost for this spec. but I'm continuing to find builds in pvp and there are some good renegade builds that i have. :)

Unless you want to play like a mage/ritualist having all your skills as upkeep would not work in pvp as you’d be energy starved very often. This also often means you’re dead.

It works for Glint because most of the time you actually use the skills after activating the facets.

Would still be useless in WvW too.

To me the main issues, in all modes, are the following :

• stationary and killable charr spirits, making them quite weak and unreliable most of the time.

• Extremely costly skills from utilities to the elite to the Renegade abilities. Costs aren’t even justified either : rite of the great dwarf costs 40 energy but it has a stun breaker and 50% damage reduction for a whole party... meanwhile your charrs do very bad damage and their actual utility as utility skills is questionable. Not a single meta (even half serious) build uses the Kalla legends. Just to show you how bad it was designed. It’s like having a deadeye or mirage not using their skills. Simply crazy.

Also it explains why Revenant in general is not up to the level as spellbreaker, mirage, deadeye or holosmith. You can sadly easily tell the efforts of Anet did not go much there. Since PoF classes got invulnerabilities, crazy heals, mobility skills, crazy damage. And here you are with your ritualist wannabe spec asking foes to nicely enter the circle for some awful damage a single auto attack chain could do.

I love Renegade, I really do. I like working with the short bow. I think I'm a ranged combat type of person, using melee as a back up. Even with my Holosmith I switch to Rifle or Pistol and just use Sword/Sheild when I goof around. When I'm my Revenant I'm in Renegade arrowing things to death and putting Kalla to good use. I do the same with my Guardian in Dragonhunter mood. With that said ....... I really do wish Kalla worked in PvP or ... WvW better. I just don't like Herald. It's not my jam. But one of the things we would have to keep in mind with having lots of upkeep skills is that our weapon skills also key off of energy. There are times in PvP where I go to perform a weapon move and realize I don't have enough energy from using my utilities. Now, it's not that big of a problem, yet, but if Kalla was just all upkeep skills I think we would hurt even more as you'd then start having to chose between using Kalla or using weapon skills.

Unless weapon skills aren't tied to energy and there was just something else I wasn't noticing, in which case ignore everything I said.

PS - After folks get their greatsword I really want a long bow.

@Scar.1793 said:Unless you want to play like a mage/ritualist having all your skills as upkeep would not work in pvp as you’d be energy starved very often. This also often means you’re dead.

It works for Glint because most of the time you actually use the skills after activating the facets.

• stationary and killable charr spirits, making them quite weak and unreliable most of the time.

• Extremely costly skills from utilities to the elite to the Renegade abilities. Costs aren’t even justified either : rite of the great dwarf costs 40 energy but it has a stun breaker and 50% damage reduction for a whole party... meanwhile your charrs do very bad damage and their actual utility as utility skills is questionable. Not a single meta (even half serious) build uses the Kalla legends. Just to show you how bad it was designed. It’s like having a deadeye or mirage not using their skills. Simply crazy.

Also it explains why Revenant in general is not up to the level as spellbreaker, mirage, deadeye or holosmith. You can sadly easily tell the efforts of Anet did not go much there. Since PoF classes got invulnerabilities, crazy heals, mobility skills, crazy damage. And here you are with your ritualist wannabe spec asking foes to nicely enter the circle for some awful damage a single auto attack chain could do.

@Scar.1793 said:Unless you want to play like a mage/ritualist having all your skills as upkeep would not work in pvp as you’d be energy starved very often. This also often means you’re dead.

Im currently finding builds for renegade for pvp and so far its quite decent when you run power kalla with shiro, but it doesn't has the sustain as herald has. :(

@Forsakens.9726 said:

Remember in the pof demo stage when renegade ultilites skills was an upkeep?

I want this to return because when I’m in pvp, people would just dodge out of the summons aoe with one evade and I would lose lots of energy. There are many’s ways why renegade is so bad. Simply buffing it won’t work.

I want renegade upkeep to return so there will be more strategy involved.

So What I ask.

Energy will drain depending on each summon the more summon you have up the more energy that will drain.

If your summon is killed in combat it will punish you with a cool down (12seconds or more) so you must see your summons health so you can uncast it to prevent it from getting killed and having to deal with the cooldown.

Add this one if u like. if you spam your summons while you’re not in combat Kalla will get irritated and say something funny like “can you bring us closer to the fight”

I hope u guys enjoy please feel free to explain if this works or not ;)

i would love it cause it will feel like ritualist from gw1.yes we should micromanage the summons and also i would love if we could summon 2 of each (with a trait which effect only other allies/enemies)

if so the punishment should be bigger cd like 25 sec

breakrazor bastion - already 30 sec for a heal skill. you can summon another one which can effect only other allies but only 1 ally can be effected each secondrazorclaw - from 15 sec to 25 sec. other allies can be affected twice...and so on....

@Forsakens.9726 said:

Im currently finding builds for renegade for pvp and so far its quite decent when you run power kalla with shiro, but it doesn't has the sustain as herald has. :(

Can you link me? I've been looking for a Renegade PvP build as the Herald one is just not my cup of tea.

@Dace.8173 said:

Can you link me? I've been looking for a Renegade PvP build as the Herald one is just not my cup of tea.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Power_Bombardment

@Forsakens.9726 said:

Thanks

Archived