New Bosses New Challenges Underwater

Texas.4861

While fighting Dragons and Dragon influenced enemies has been interesting, we need a new type of challenge.Giant Jade Squids and there spawn, attacking places around the globe. It would break the grsp on land and introduce more underwater fighting which is almost a 3D environment.Underwater fight are some of the most challenging because your sense of direction up down left right are all skewed. If so please not un-dead or dragon minions.

@Teratus.2859 said:The only reason to make focused content like that would be around the sea dragon.

I'm all for it though I love underwater combat in gw2 and I've been long awaiting some sea dragon activity.

While I definitely agree the first sea expansion needs to be the sea dragon, there’s more potential than that for ocean maps. But even if there wasn’t, sooner or later Anet will run out of GW1 characters to somehow keep alive for centuries then kill, and when that happens they’ll need to do what most normal shows, movies, and games do - make something new up!

@kharmin.7683 said:Fix aquatic combat first; then we can discuss things like this.

They kinda already did..Granted there's still a lot of improvements that could be done (more weapons and skills + Underwater mount) but the current state of underwater combat is more than good enough to say yeah.. give me a big mag that's mostly covered in water ^^

@Teratus.2859 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Fix aquatic combat first; then we can discuss things like this.

They kinda already did..Granted there's still a lot of improvements that could be done (more weapons and skills + Underwater mount) but the current state of underwater combat is more than good enough to say yeah.. give me a big mag that's mostly covered in water ^^

Its still not fixed, the fixes they did where needed yes, but it definitely wasnt enough to make underwater combat bearable in any way, it helped a little, but builds are still locked out of their skills(stances on ranger for example) which is just unacceptable to me. I would hope that they did a complete overhaul of all underwater content including combat should an expansion happen where its vastly underwater.

@Dante.1763 said:>Its still not fixed, the fixes they did where needed yes, but it definitely wasnt enough to make underwater combat bearable in any way, it helped a little, but builds are still locked out of their skills(stances on ranger for example) which is just unacceptable to me. I would hope that they did a complete overhaul of all underwater content including combat should an expansion happen where its vastly underwater.

Some builds are that's true and I agree that we should pretty much have underwater forms of pretty much all skills.. or at the very least viable replacement versions.It does suck when you put a lot of effort into a build and trait setup only to get shafted when it doesn't work underwater and your forced to either make do with lesser skills or constantly change your traits when entering or leaving water.

I wouldn't say it wasn't enough to make underwater combat bearable though.. the changes they made were significant enough to make the content far more enjoyable for me.

I support the request for more UW content, the changes ANet made in the last 6 months, reworking skills introducing the chests and the infusion made me confident, that we will see more UW content in the future. I think it will hapen at the end of the current LS and be a theme in the expansion.On the no more dragons part, I don't mind that much. Sure, Forces of nature without motivation don't make good villains, but with the story of GW2 as it stands now, it's unlikely that we will ever going out for the kill in the near future. Most likely we will, as in PoF, have to roll out against some more interesting villain who wants to kill a dragon.

Dragons are not good, safe only out of necessity. Soon Asurans will invent magic regulation technology on a global scale and then it is back to mounting some dragon teefs and claws into major cities as monuments.

Also spoiler :

More "space gods" are coming to Tyria, and uh Grenth is really a female. "He" is just the preferred pronoun.

Archived