No Sign of Largos in HoT or PoF? Did ANet just scrap them?

I know Largos is the isolate & private race but the existing of them are almost 0.plus, Tengu, and Malyck guy seem like they have been thrown in the rubbish bin.
(but skrott is everywhere!!!)

Is there a chance that we will see them again at all ?

I don't mind if they are playable race or not. Hopefully i got to know more about them.

HoT went into the Maguuma Jungle and PoF took us to mainland Elona; the Largos don't live in either location. If there's an underwater expansion, I'm sure we'll see them there. Similarly Tengu live in the Dominion of Winds are so isolationist that we rarely have opportunities to interact with them. A notable exception is in the HoT maps, where we see pockets of Quetzal.

And skritt, of course we see them anywhere there might be shinies, which is ... everywhere.

@"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:Largos would become fish jerky in Elona, while Maguuma is a thick jungle with zero to little proper water bodies for them. I assume that, being mostly aquatic creatures, a largos wouldn't be able to live too much in these environments. Same thing why we don't see that many Quaggans I guess?

According to Lore, Largos inhabit locations across the Unending Ocean. If you look at some of the world maps, you can see that Elona has plenty of oceanside property; we just don't happen to visit any of it. For HoT, we'd have to go southwest of Dragon Stand. For that matter, south of Rata Sum, too; that's just one more area we don't visit in the game.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Knuckle Joe.7408" said:Largos would become fish jerky in Elona, while Maguuma is a thick jungle with zero to little proper water bodies for them. I assume that, being mostly aquatic creatures, a largos wouldn't be able to live too much in these environments. Same thing why we don't see that many Quaggans I guess?

According to Lore, Largos inhabit locations across the
. If you look at some of the world maps, you can see that Elona has plenty of oceanside property; we just don't happen to visit any of it. For HoT, we'd have to go southwest of Dragon Stand. For that matter, south of Rata Sum, too; that's just one more area we don't visit in the game.

True, but I guess climate woudl take a toll on them in Elona, even if there are big water bodies. They would probably used to a specific water temperature (I'm guessing mediterranean climate in central Tyria/ocean area). I assume water in Elona would be too hot for them. Tropical jungles can be devastating as well (is Maguuma a tropical landscape? who knows, seems like it judging by the location on the map).

I'm surprised everyone can be walking around happily in straight up desert in PoF, judging by the environment and skin tone of characters in central Tyria, they seem to enjoy a land with very forgivable climate. But then again, it's just a game lol, implementing a thirst/dehydration handicap would be bothersome.

I think it would have been kinda cool to come up with something though. Probably having to find oases/cacti while you explore to replenish your energy.

Archived