Need Help choosing a new Main with focus on fire animations

Opferlamm.3150

Hi there

so I'm returning after a two year break and I can't decide on a class to play and hope you can help me find the right choice. I haven't got the Path of Fire expansion yet and I am propably getting it in Septembre or OctobreI am solely playing PvE and most of it Solo so I don't care for highest damage but just want to enjoy the experience.

What I want to do is using either fire or a lot of grenades because I just like the idea of it and I am torn between Elementalist, Warrior or Engineer.I already have each profession on lvl 80 but will start a new character from scratch.

The Berserker appeals to me for its use of melee and burning but somehow I feel I have a harder time surviving with it than with Ele or Engi.While I will learn to play it right by learning the profession again I am afraid it could get boring and repetetive over the time.

On the other hand Engineer and Elementalist seem to be more versatile and I like the animations of all Firespells as well as the grenades but from a roleplaying perspective i would like to use as little other attunements or kits (apart from bombs and Flamethrower) as possible.

I am totally willing to learn the proper way to play each profession as to not hinder my group when I am not playing solo, but solo-play is my main focus, where I am willing to be less effective as long as it is still enjoyable.

Been Playing all three professions the last two days but still can't decide, so I hope your suggestions will help me solve my problem

@Opferlamm.3150 said:I am totally willing to learn the proper way to play each profession as to not hinder my group when I am not playing solo, but solo-play is my main focus, where I am willing to be less effective as long as it is still enjoyable.

Been Playing all three professions the last two days but still can't decide, so I hope your suggestions will help me solve my problem

The warrior is an easier profession to play compared to the elementalist and the engineer. Berserker can be a lot of fun if you enjoy the primal burst mechanic and dealing burning damage on your foes.

The only good fire skills for the elementalist are the dagger and staff skills. The staff is both a high damage weapon while attuned to fire and it's a great support weapon while attuned to water. The dagger is more faster paced in terms of combat and is a more fitting weapon for a combat wizard or a combat mage.

As for the engineer, despite being the most difficult profession in the game, the best advice I can give you is have fun being a pyromaniac with the flamethrower.

Berserker is far better at doing damage with the actual "burning" condition. Ele has some top notch fiery animations though, and they look awesome, but ele is much harder to play. You'll have to learn to attunement hop and commit all 20 weapon skills to muscle-memory - it takes a lot of practice. In the meantime, it will be squishy and frustrating.

I'd recommend Berserker to the average player, or one who wants a condi build, but Ele can be more rewarding in the end if you're willing to stick with it and master it.

No Guardian? The only class whose only significant condi damage is Fire? With an elite spec named "FIRE Brand", which shoots fire out of its fire books, with fiery effects, and, and just spreads fire everywhere, and buffs allies so they can do fire attacks, and your attacks trigger a fire trait that adds more fire, and have more traits that give you AOE fire, and triggers fire more often, and can set yourself on fire, and get damage bonuses against people on fire, and set people on fire when you block their attacks, and has a spell call purging flames that burns people as it clears conditions off you, and torch skills that spew fire, and killing enemies resets your Justice skill, so you can keep using fire to immolate everything in your path........ and in Lore theres a Guardian who specialized in an offensive school of combat, that made the Legendary Torch Rotgort, because his justice flame become so powerful he couldn't use it without hurting himself... so the Torch could channel that power, and he could just burn everything left and right.

So much fire you could Cosplay as Balthazaar and everyone would try to kill you, cuz they think you're the real thing.

Guardian has plenty of sources of fire damage, but few of them have fire animations, and most of them are blue fire.

For the most true fire animations you’re going to want Elementalist or Berserker warrior.

The drawback to Ele is that you will need to make use of more than just fire to really play the profession effectively.

I really think Berserker warrior (condi, Sword/Torch + Longbow) would please you with its abundance of fire animations, damage potential and fun playstyle.

@Opferlamm.3150 said:Hi there

so I'm returning after a two year break and I can't decide on a class to play and hope you can help me find the right choice. I haven't got the Path of Fire expansion yet and I am propably getting it in Septembre or OctobreI am solely playing PvE and most of it Solo so I don't care for highest damage but just want to enjoy the experience.

What I want to do is using either fire or a lot of grenades because I just like the idea of it and I am torn between Elementalist, Warrior or Engineer.I already have each profession on lvl 80 but will start a new character from scratch.

The Berserker appeals to me for its use of melee and burning but somehow I feel I have a harder time surviving with it than with Ele or Engi.While I will learn to play it right by learning the profession again I am afraid it could get boring and repetetive over the time.

On the other hand Engineer and Elementalist seem to be more versatile and I like the animations of all Firespells as well as the grenades but from a roleplaying perspective i would like to use as little other attunements or kits (apart from bombs and Flamethrower) as possible.

I am totally willing to learn the proper way to play each profession as to not hinder my group when I am not playing solo, but solo-play is my main focus, where I am willing to be less effective as long as it is still enjoyable.

Consider using a Firebrand, Guardian's PoF elite. The F1 tome skills are heavily fire-oriented and much more visually impressive than anything Ele or Engi have to offer. The game play is simple, yet rewarding.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Consider using a Firebrand, Guardian's PoF elite. The F1 tome skills are heavily fire-oriented and much more visually impressive than anything Ele or Engi have to offer. The game play is simple, yet rewarding.

I disagree. While Firebrand has nice fire animations, ele has some too: meteor shower, fiery greatsword, dragon breath... They are more visually impressive than FB. The latter is more about discrete flames while the former shows impressive concrete elements.Finally, berserker has very nice primal burst animation. I especially like sword one.

However, I would probably vote for FB because you can use them more. Ele must use other elements and berserker need its rage (torch is quite good too).

I suppose it is very subjective.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

I disagree. While Firebrand has nice fire animations, ele has some too: meteor shower, fiery greatsword, dragon breath... They are more visually impressive than FB.

I don't agree. Perhaps this is just me spending a lot of time in D3, but MS animation here never managed to impress me in any way.

• 2 weeks later...

@InsaneQR.7412 said:For pure fiery rage: Condi BerzerkerFor more diverse combat: Elementalist (all of them, but specially weaver)For EXPLOSIONS: Take engineer/Holo (if you want some flashy animations to the EXPLOSIONS)

Note: for all of you that played Bl2 please read EXPLOSIONS like Mr. Torque.

One of the best voice acting characters in that game.

Pair Unload spamming Thief with Vladoff: “You don’t need to be a better shot, you just need to fire more bullets!”

Archived