got my mats ready for my power rev for wvw - build?

skystorm.9280

I saw a build ages ago like soldier armor with surging runes or leadership runes cant remember, zerker trinkets and weps, S/S + Staff and like invocation, devastation, herald traitlines but like i said I dont want to invest in those ascended armors/ trinks and then find a better build for them. Playstyle is I like to be in there with melee, dont really like the whole hammer backline but i have a hammer either way.

@skystorm.9280 said:Just wondering if there is a streamer or YT vid to check out or a good build to follow for a power rev/herald for wvw small group roaming.

I have my mats for the most part just wondering what gear to make for him and which trinkts to buy for him.

Check the channels of Aka Cryptic, Tubby Two Ton, Gobling King, Hobozert Gaming and Nici amongst others. The build is pretty much the same since HoT.

• Glint/Shiro
  • Maruader/Zerker/Zerker+Valkyrie Mix as needed... Go as much Zerk as you feel like you can get away with. (Personally I use Maruader Chest/Legs, Staff, and OH Sword... The rest Zerk, except one ring and one trinket are "Berserker + Valkyrie" from Fractals.)
  • Durability Runes. (Leadership or Surging are also strong choices.)
  • Mix of Power/Toughness WvW Infusions.
  • Sword/Sword/Staff (Hammer for Zergs) Lots of sigils work here... Personally I use either Air/Force/or Blood on my swords and Hydro/Energy on my Staff.
  • Devestation 2-3-X, Invocation 1-3-3, Herald X-1-1 (All the grandmaster traits in Dev are really good) (All the first tier traits in Herald are okay, I usually go superspeed on stunbreak or Hardening Persistence to make up some toughness.)

That's my standard roaming setup... It transitions pretty well and lazily into Zerg play by just swapping in a Hammer. Although obviously someone in full zerk + scholar runes is going to out dps you, it's a zerg, so it's whatever. :bleep_bloop:

@"narcx.3570" said:

• Glint/Shiro
  • Maruader/Zerker/Zerker+Valkyrie Mix as needed... Go as much Zerk as you feel like you can get away with. (Personally I use Maruader Chest/Legs, Staff, and OH Sword... The rest Zerk, except one ring and one trinket are "Berserker + Valkyrie" from Fractals.)
  • Sword/Sword/Staff (Hammer for Zergs) Lots of sigils work here... Personally I use either Air/Force/or Blood on my swords and Hydro/Energy on my Staff.
  • Devestation 2-3-X, Invocation 1-3-3, Herald X-1-1 (All the grandmaster traits in Dev are really good) (All the first tier traits in Herald are okay, I usually go superspeed on stunbreak or Hardening Persistence to make up some toughness.)

That's my standard roaming setup... It transitions pretty well and lazily into Zerg play by just swapping in a Hammer. Although obviously someone in full zerk + scholar runes is going to out dps you, it's a zerg, so it's whatever. :bleep_bloop:

Always go full offensive infusions, that +% guard damage matters.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"narcx.3570" said:
  • Glint/Shiro

Unless that was mostly just /s, I kind of gotta disagree and say the opposite is almost true...

Guards die in seconds to a Power Herald whether you have infusions or not, but the %dmg reduction is actually super helpful for when you get ganked while clearing a camp or if you're chasing down an enemy kill into his camp. Because like, guards on their own are not a problem, but if an enemy is there too, you're most likely going to be focusing down the player and tanking the guard hits, not the other way around.

Plus, while moar power is always awesome for those bursts, I think 100-180 extra toughness goes a lot further in solo roaming when you're already wearing so much Zerker gear... It could be just what you need to survive until that next i-frame or heal comes off cooldown when yer taking dives or fighting outnumbered.

@narcx.3570 said:

• Glint/Shiro

Unless that was mostly just /s, I kind of gotta disagree and say the opposite is almost true...

Guards die in seconds to a Power Herald whether you have infusions or not, but the %dmg reduction is actually super helpful for when you get ganked while clearing a camp or if you're chasing down an enemy kill into his camp. Because like, guards on their own are not a problem, but if an enemy is there too, you're most likely going to be focusing down the player and tanking the guard hits, not the other way around.

Plus, while moar power is always awesome for those bursts, I think 100-180 extra toughness goes a lot further in solo roaming when you're already wearing so much Zerker gear... It could be just what you need to survive until that next i-frame or heal comes off cooldown when yer taking dives or fighting outnumbered.

Wonder what scales better, if the damage is really noteceable or the 100 toughness really makes it worth, since skills that crit hard will still crit hard even with high armor.

I use Vitality just for a placebo effect :\

@narcx.3570 said:

• Glint/Shiro

Was thinking the tougher guards like supervisors, tower & keep lords and of course iron guards. There is also the ability to rally off of them. If you want more survivability look to -10% foods.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food#Damage_Reduction

@narcx.3570 said:

• Glint/Shiro

if you do more than roaming only (bigger groups, zergs), the +dmg is worth more imo.how many times have i been defending and a nasty 17% more dmg on lord from our enemies and we would have lost the keep. how many times have "we" been in a battle and trying to kill the lord and 17% more damage could have done the job?!

i'd take dmg reduction foods (works for both, roaming and zerging) or dodge food over dmg reduction infusions. foods are a lot more flexible.

@Aetatis.5418 said:

• Glint/Shiro

if you do more than roaming only (bigger groups, zergs), the +dmg is worth more imo.how many times have i been defending and a nasty 17% more dmg on lord from our enemies and we would have lost the keep. how many times have "we" been in a battle and trying to kill the lord and 17% more damage could have done the job?!

i'd take dmg reduction foods (works for both, roaming and zerging) or dodge food over dmg reduction infusions. foods are a lot more flexible.

Was the OP not asking about solo/small group roaming builds...?

@narcx.3570 said:

• Glint/Shiro

Was the OP not asking about solo/small group roaming builds...?

one of the reasons of my wording "if", "more than roaming only" and "foods are easier adjustable"

Archived