Catering to the majority of player base with Automated Group content

Hi. I don't play guild wars 2 that much but i was thinking that guild wars 2 should have a dungeon finder system or a fractal finder system.

In my defense i want to use world versus world as an example. People don't seem to like to do organized meta content and like doing their own thing casually. I know in wvw people log in to "follow" random tags or just do random stuff while gaining pips and gaining track rewards.

I think what it comes down to is - some people may not want to socialize or do meta content and want a quick easy way to do random content with out communication or without too much stress from socialization.

I know guild wars 2 - you have to be social in the group finder section. I don't think that's bad or wrong, but some people don't want to associate with guilds or meta management or performing roles they don't want to do.

A random fractal finder can do scale 1-15 and reward a small box at the end ....and can take a random party of 5 people and keep doing the content. This will make fractals quick easy and painless.

I know anet would have to balance classes more fully though. I find that the meta really hurts the socialization and communication of guilds and positive community.I keep using world versus world as an example because it's where the negativity is most.

But yes people would say "play mesmer or don't be in are party / squad / dungeon / zerg" But the point of a que finder group finder is to make trivial content so any combination of classes could succeed at.

Of course people will me to get good or something but why should i play a class that is favored or unbalanced in certain modes or needs number tuning ?.

Any ways i hope anet comes out with a group finder where i could que in and get paired with random people to quickly do content. I find that communication in guild wars 2 should only be necessary for hard content and only when the people themselves are positive.

Archived