Tegon (LS Into the Volcano - Heart of the Volcano) Bugged, Preventing Story Progress

Tegon at the very last bit of this long, tedious episode bugs out and keeps regenerating after the other dog dies for the second time. I've experienced this twice now and I don't think I care enough to try any longer. It goes like this:

Kill Tegon > scan the thing in the center to glide up > immediately Tegon regenerates back up to 30% or so. Rinse and repeat.

As it immediately regenerates, no green target marker shows up above it, meaning tricks like condi > preemptive glide up do not work. Massive waste of time.

• 1 year later...

I just lost an hour of my life trying to complete this story. I've taken down a god and friggin' dragons. And I can't get these two dogs down. I am not that bad of a player, hell I raid mythics in other MMOs, so there is no excuse for this mechanic to be this bad. It's poor design and poor execution. It needs to be nerfed, fixed, and otherwise explained so that I don't need to spend my entire life studying this friggin fight. I am so pissed I'm ready to go back to other mmos and abandon this game. Again.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Still happening in 2021. But I may have figured out what causes it. When he won't move I notice that there are blue and red energy balls in the air. Go get them, even if Tegan is not dead yet and disperse them. Then he'll start chasing you again and die. At least that worked for me.

Edited by StormyFae.2761
  • Like 1

I'm having same issue :(  HA and ofc game just crash; so that probably ruin my whole night. I cannot do any more of this now.

What do you guys keybind that extra action key to? I find its placement just SO BAD.

Edited to add: Yep ty. I get to do the whole HAND KILLING thing over again. 

Edited by Islyn.8019

i just went through this issue and mine kept regenerating right when i killed it. what i tried was getting the last hound to get away from the machine in the middle of the platform. it took a couple of minutes of melee combat to coax the hound to the outer portion but when i did it let me progress. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Can confirm that this still happens December 4, 2022.

The supposedly dead hound corpse gets stuck in a loop that lets it restore health by 25%. Killing or fighting doesn't break the loop.

I noticed it triggers when getting downed right as we try to collect dragon energy. I tried the tip the people in this thread said. (To not have to repeat the instance, such a waste of time if we did.)

I'm not sure what I did right. Since this bugged loop happened in the same try twice. And I got downed by AoE just as I was about to go up twice. *cries* I also retried from checkpoint maybe 3 times? The first time deliberately.

First of all, I unsummoned my Mechanist pet. (The loop tended to trigger when my 'pet' was up.) I played this on a Soulbeast 2 years ago and suffered the same loop. I suspected having a pet/minion/clone contributes to the loop -- like that instance we trained Aurene against a Mordrem and having a pet causes that to endlessly loop.

Second, like the others in this thread. I tried collecting all the dragon energy. The first try, dispersing the energy (by landing on the platform) and reviving the hound ended the loop as it finally revived the hound and broke the loop (it returned that green story target on the corpse).

The second time (since I downed again mid energy collection lol, imagine the despair), landing with the collected energy didn't revive the hound. But throwing the energy at the corpse, and then scanning and dispersing the energy around the ground caused the loop to break.

Hope it helps those who QA/playtest it.

Coincidentally, I think I have an OBS recording of the bugged loop if the people who want to fix it need it. 

Edited by Chrysline.2317