Should be account XP Gain shared with Wxp?

vaper.3586

I've been thinking about this... I guess there should be a way in which we could increase at least something the amount of Wxp we get in WvW. The other day I was playing and thought about that. It won't be an awesome increase of the Wxp but we could notice it somehow. And it wouldn't break the game so maybe could be a good point for us because it would just work only for beating the enemies, what do you think guys?

Share your thinks please :+1:

Presumably we are talking about the achievement based XP bonus and how it should affect WXP. While I dont really see the issue, I dont really see the point either. You already have ways to increase the WXP gains. +10% for free, then all the boosters and outnumbered etc. Its +250% or somewhere around there if you max it out I think, I cant remember it exactly.

@steki.1478 said:Ranks have no roles in wvw except getting shiny skins and those skins are already too easy to obtain, just take long time for the sake of balance with other modes.

I also dont understand what you mean by sharing xp with wxp.

I'm talking about the achievement based XP bonus, by sharing it with wxp I mean I think it could be good if this bonus could be used for Wxp too, not only for pve xp.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Presumably we are talking about the achievement based XP bonus and how it should affect WXP. While I dont really see the issue, I dont really see the point either. You already have ways to increase the WXP gains. +10% for free, then all the boosters and outnumbered etc. Its +250% or somewhere around there if you max it out I think, I cant remember it exactly.

I know there are boosters already, but I think it would be a good and little increase for the ones who work out with achievement points. If you live in wvw it's pretty easy to increase your level as people told me, but if you don't have so much time, to me is something really painful...

I already knew a lot of people probably would think everything is okay as always, but I had to try. I really think it would be something good, and it would be an option just to give more exp to people who has the opportunity to play a lot in wvw. And also to help people who doesn't have this chance.

By the way, thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

The amount from account bonus is relatively insignificant (3% per 2,500AP) so I don't see it breaking the game in any way. The only people who will have any significant boost already will be players who have put a lot of hours into multiple game-modes but especially PvE. This could be a good way to encourage long time players to start playing more WvW if they have a little XP incentive to get started. As already stated by @steki.1478 the only thing rank really matters for is shiny stuff, why shouldn't players with a lot of playtime behind them be allowed to get them a little quicker? The whole purpose of the account XP seems to be to earn mastery levels and alternate character levels faster, for players who have already put a lot into the game, why not extend it to WvW?

Most of the achievements in this game are pve based, so it benefits pve players more than anything else. If you're going to give this out, then you might as well put the same boost at the end of the wvw achievements too, so the people who actually played wvw could get some benefit out of this too.

Also there's already ways to get over 200% wxp boost.Experience boost 50%Birthday boost 100%Guild boost 10%Wxp enrichment 10%Objective aura 10%Outnumbered 25%Wxp mini booster 50%Bonus week event 100%

The AP rewards were created a time before WvW reward tracks, before spirits shards, when PvP skins were separately unlocked (and for pvp only), when blueprints were worth something, etc. The system hasn't really been changed in response to other changes in the game There's no question (for me) that the game's evolution has made some of the rewards outdated or irrelevant. So absolutely, I think it's worth proposing that ANet take a fresh look at the system.

But for the OP's specific concern of giving 20k AP players a boost to WXP gain? No, I don't think that's worth looking at on its own. By itself, it's not that big a deal (in part because it's not that hard to get 100-150% already).

@Artaz.3819 said:week ? Do you mean weekend? The one, single time that happened in April 2018? ...

No I meant a week, the No Down State Week was a week long, not a weekend, but an entire week long.Previous to that there was the weekend gathering event.Either of those gave us double exp/wxp bonus, which would actually take your bonus wxp in to over 350%, but I didn't include the last two in my over 200% statement because they are very limited, and I had a small feeling someone was going to comment on that bonus.

Archived